• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Espn David Thorpe Chat

WraithSentinel

Chat with David Thorpe

Welcome to The Show! On Wednesday, David Thorpe will stop by to discuss the NBA season.

Thorpe is the executive director of the Pro Training Center in Clearwater, FL, where he works as a personal coach for Udonis Haslem (Miami Heat), Orien Greene (Indiana Pacers), Alexander Johnson (Memphis Grizzlies) and Kevin Martin (Sacramento Kings).

Send in your questions now and join David in The Show on Wednesday at noon ET.

Buzzmaster: (12:00 PM ET ) Mr. Thorpe will be here shortly. Send in those questions!

David Thorpe: (12:03 PM ET ) Hello,

Memo to all of you asking "will my team trade for...?"-I don't know. Let's analyze what we do know.

To business...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt (Yuma, AZ): If you are trying to develop a player to be a true point gaurd what skills should you work on or is it more a mind set thing and either a player can see the court or not?

David Thorpe: (12:03 PM ET ) All ball skills, but also hoops IQ. Study the masters like Nash and Kidd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry Fayetteville, NC: What's good David? I always look forward to your chats, do you think Delonte West has what it takes to be a legit PG in the league or is he just keeping the seat warm for Rondo?

David Thorpe: (12:04 PM ET ) No, and I never have. He's a legit 2, though. Would be a nice 6th man in lots of places.

Geoff (DC): Here's a game: we say a player's name, you say what you would work with him on to take him to "the next level" (bench to contributor, star to super-star, whatever). Shaun Livingston.

David Thorpe: (12:05 PM ET ) I like it.

Livingston-learn to kill it from 4-15'. Just murder people in the paint.

arron: if you could coach and/or gm any team under .500, who would it be?

David Thorpe: (12:05 PM ET ) I like the Griz. Or the Hornets.

michael (toronto): shouldn't sam mitchell be getting a lot more coach of the year buzz? they were ready t throw him out at 2-8 and look what the raps have done since.

David Thorpe: (12:05 PM ET ) Not coach of the year, but does deserve mention.

Greg (MN): I have a friend who is having trouble teaching his young players how to rebound against the taller teams because he can't teach them to do anything sneakily illegal (pinching arms, elbowing, etc.) What can he do?

David Thorpe: (12:06 PM ET ) As Gene Hackman yelled in "Hoosiers", "Block it out, Block it out".

jason Voreeg, Hailston, VA: Will the Knicks finally trade Malik Rose for sacramento's 2nd roud pick

David Thorpe: (12:07 PM ET ) Of the 100+ questions I've already read regarding trades, you win the award for "least interesting".

Bill League, Toronto Canada: What are your thoughts about Chris Bosh getting traded to Houston for Juwan Howard and a 2nd round pick as I am constantly hearing from Peter Vescey.

David Thorpe: (12:07 PM ET ) And you win the "sheer insanity" trophy.

rob (irving, tx): David...With a slightely turned ankle...is it better to rest it, or to work it off??

David Thorpe: (12:07 PM ET ) For a rec league player, rest. NBA guys have to play.

Colin (austin tx): How important is natural ability in seeing top end results for your athletes that you work with? Does not having good hands or quick feet prevent an athlete from seeing great results?

David Thorpe: (12:08 PM ET ) Not having either would be terrible. But lacking only one can be adjusted for. Bird had slow feet. Mutombo does not have the best hands. Both were impact guys of course.

Aaron,Phoenix: Thoughts on Al Thornton?

David Thorpe: (12:09 PM ET ) Would look really good in a Suns uniform. He's learned to beast it this year, and has skills to go along with freakish athleticism.

Quentin (Albuquerque): It seems to me that the Spurs recent issues have alot to do with Bruce Bowen. He doesn't seem to be shutting people down the way he has in the last few years plus he corner three isn't falling. What do you think it is? Age? Rules on handchecking? Injury? Spurs lack of a reliable shotblocker other than Duncan? Can he turn it around and be a force in the playoffs?

David Thorpe: (12:10 PM ET ) It's all those things, but the new rules must really hurt him a lot. His shooting might improve, but unless the refs let the players be more physical come playoff time, his effectiveness on d will suffer.

John (Dallas): Wouldn't Jason Kidd in LA be a disaster? He is an uptempo PG, not a half-court grind it out guy. He also can't shoot and his defense is slipping. Why would LA want him?

David Thorpe: (12:11 PM ET ) Kidd can play in any system. Any system!!

Kevin (Boston, MA): David love your chats!! I need help with my jump shot, I can't get a comfortable form nailed down and it's driving me crazy. What are a couple of things you tell your guys in terms of consistent shooting form?

David Thorpe: (12:12 PM ET ) Let your eyes help. Watch Ray Allen. Or Kyle Korver. Or Michael Redd(for lefties). Then copy them while looking into a mirror.

Josh (Littleton, CO): After watching last nights game, it is confirmed that the Nuggets are the worst team in the NBA. When Melo and AI play together the team has zero chance of winning. Is they any hope for the team improving or does the team need to think about trading AI or Melo?

David Thorpe: (12:12 PM ET ) Not confirmed, but a little troubling that they couldn't compete in San Antonio. Let's see if they survive these next 14 days-with a tough schedule.

Chris (Hamilton, MA): I always thought Loren Woods would be a solid NBA player, especially considering his NCAA performance. Is there any particular reason the transition to the NBA didn't go so well?

David Thorpe: (12:13 PM ET ) He was too immature initially. Now he is ready to help a team and tearing up the D-League, just needs a team to look past his first few years.

Austin(Detroit): Imagine Kobe Bryrant Playing for the Pistons with his ability and team ball mind-set, what do you, can it work?

David Thorpe: (12:14 PM ET ) Someone pinch Austin, he's drifted off...

Nathaniel (Houston, Texas): Do you think the Mavericks and the Heat could meet again in the NBA Finals for a second straight year?

David Thorpe: (12:14 PM ET ) Yes.

Shane (Bklyn, NY): Hey David. I don't think the Knicks will really pursue a trade before Thursday's deadline, but when the summer comes around do you see them making a stronger push for a more aggresive Power Forward in say Jermaine O'Neal or Kevin Garnett?

David Thorpe: (12:14 PM ET ) You mean David Lee is not good enough?

Matt ( Bakersfield,CA ): Will Robert Swift be back next year and be as good as he was becoming?

David Thorpe: (12:15 PM ET ) The Sonics are still high on him. I'm not so sure.

Matt (Tampa): Dwight Howard got hosed in dunk contest, DR J when interview afterward said" it wasnt impressive, its easy b/c he is tall", if they think everything is so easy why do they let the big men in the contest. That was the best dunk in the last 5 years. How does MJ give an 8, I know he couldnt have done that in his prime. Still Upset about it!!

David Thorpe: (12:15 PM ET ) Me too. I think the judges should not vote until they see the dunk on replay. It looked much better the 2nd time.

steve - NJ: As a celtics fan - what are the prospects next year assuming everyone is healthy? Thanks

David Thorpe: (12:16 PM ET ) Until that team decides to defend with heart, they have no chance.

Mike (NY): Who would you say are the mid-season favorites for awards? My picks are Dirk(MVP), K. Martin (Most Improved), and David Lee (Sixth Man).

David Thorpe: (12:16 PM ET ) Nice-maybe Barbosa as 6th man. If Miami makes a strong run then Wade will contend with Dirk, but Dirk is the fave.

Matt C (NYC): You know what I enjoyed last night? Watching the Knicks knock JJ Redick around, him looking to the refs, and him betting no calls. This isn't the ACC buddy! What advice would you give rookies concerning NBA officials?

David Thorpe: (12:17 PM ET ) Just shut up and change ends.

Adam (New York): As a Pacer fan who's long since run out of patience with Tinsley what kind of future do you see Green having with the club? Is he a solid starter just waiting to mature or is he a career role player?

David Thorpe: (12:19 PM ET ) Players that play with him in my gym just love him-I mean really love him. He's a true lead guard. Like many guys, he just needs a chance to play his game-it might come next year. He's "starter" good-remember, I said that about Haslem and Martin before they ever started and NBA people laughed at me.

Tim (Toledo): as it stands now, Miami and Detroit would face each other in the first round of the playoffs. shouldn't these two teams be playing in the east finals? ans who would you pick in this matchup?

David Thorpe: (12:19 PM ET ) Tim-I honestly have no clue. That series won't be played for over 3 months. Chill.

GMB ATL,GA: What will it take to get Jason Kidd to ATL? They need a point guard badly

David Thorpe: (12:20 PM ET ) I don't imagine Kidd would ever play there.

MIKE Detroit, MI: I think you got lucky with Martin and Haslem

David Thorpe: (12:20 PM ET ) Did I ever.

Josh (mpls, MN): Why arent scouts higher on Jared Dudley? He's a matchup nightmare, can play the 3 or 4, has a jumper and is a beast in the post. He's got a lot of "Melo" in his game. Is this another Josh Howard case where there 1st 20 teams are just going to get it wrong?

David Thorpe: (12:21 PM ET ) I agree to a point. Saw him play in person last week and was really impressed. Needs to lose 15+ lb's and he'd really be good.

Luke (St. Paul, MN): Hey David, Interesting note i the Daily Dime today on Al Jefferson's jump hook. What do you think his "ceiling" is as an NBA player. Can he become a legitimate 20-point low-post scorer (he's already a 10+ per game rebounder) and will his D improve enough for him to be a top 2-3 guy on a good team?

David Thorpe: (12:22 PM ET ) He can easily be a 20+ppg scorer. He has really grown on me. His defense can improve if that's what he desires.

Matt (Hilton head, SC): Can you comment on George Karl continuosly making excuses for this underachieving Nuggets team...Kroenke keeps improving the team and they keep getting worse and worse for the past 2 years...As Bill Walton once said Karl is "Horrrrribbllllllllle"

David Thorpe: (12:23 PM ET ) Was he speaking of Karl? No coach would want to deal with the mess that George has to deal with-the collection of ego's and attitudes is his biggest challenge.

ladoo: do you watch family guy?

David Thorpe: (12:24 PM ET ) Never, heard it was funny though. I have a wife and kids and 2 jobs, no time for cartoons.

Houdini (Yonkers): Many people are down on the rookies this season. I see a lot of talent with Roy, Gay, Bargnani, Aldridge, Thomas, and Foye heading the class. A majority of the players listed are future all-stars. Thoughts?

David Thorpe: (12:24 PM ET ) Every guy you mentioned can be a star-you are right.

al, DC: Hey David - You see A. Blatche give KG a little something to think about last night? He seems to be progressing really well, and developing a real desire to excel. If this keeps up, and the Wiz keep their core, they have to be considered a top team going into next year, no?

David Thorpe: (12:25 PM ET ) I didn't, but you are right, if he develops then the Wiz have a real chance to be special.

Scott (Titletown): Brewer, Noah and Horford...who is the ready the most for the NBA??

David Thorpe: (12:26 PM ET ) Probably Horford, but I'm not sure it matters. Over their careers, he may have slightly less upside. All 3 are studs, though Noah's lack of an outside game is a bit troubling.

Daniel (Arlington VA): Howard put that sticker up pretty high on Saturday... All time who puts the sticker up highest? Earl Manigault?

David Thorpe: (12:26 PM ET ) Nice!!

Butch (Brooklyn, NY): How good can Andrew Bynum be in 5 years?

David Thorpe: (12:27 PM ET ) Super good. Or he may just be ok. He's in the shadows still, not sure if he'll step into the light.

Randy (Austin, TX): Could the injury to Jamison turn out to be a good thing for the Wizards? It seems that Eddie Jordan's confidence in his bench has grown and since they're getting more minutes, the team has been successful.

David Thorpe: (12:27 PM ET ) Yes, as is often the case a negative turns into a positive.

nate (omaha): david, do you get resentment/jealousy from coaches of the players you train or are they generally just happy to see your guys putting in the extra time?

David Thorpe: (12:29 PM ET ) Honestly, I really don't pay attention to that. Some coaches are awesome, texting and calling me in regards to the player. Others act as if we should all be in awe of them. I just do my job, and expect my players to do theirs.

Pat (Long Island, NY): Hey David, what is Isiah Thomas thinking? How on earth does Jerome Cupcake James deserve to start over David Lee? Its obviously clear that Isiah treasures accolades (sixth man of the year) more than wins. Does he really think that David winning that award will make him look good?

David Thorpe: (12:30 PM ET ) You know, as much as we keep bashing Thomas, Lee just keeps getting better and better. Maybe we should pick on him for others transgressions and leave the Lee stuff alone.

Jason (nyc): I went to the garden last night to see the Magic play, and outside of Howard and Milicic, they stink. Turkoglu was 5 for 17, continuing his season as a totally useless player. Jameer was 7 for 21 and is nowhere near the player he was the second half of last year...and Grant Hill looks like he has nothing left in the tank. If these guys don't make a trade, I can't see them making the playoffs. Do they have anything in the works, or are they going to wait until the offseason to make some changes?

David Thorpe: (12:31 PM ET ) Jason, I have a friend named AP that is a TV producer for sports. He has a "rule of one" that I like-never make a strong judgement after one game or one season.

Neil (Hamilton, NJ): What up David! First of all you are lucky because my g-parents have a house in Palm Harbor and the area down there is nice! Please answer this question, if you were me and had a fantasy bball team, would you hold on to Brad Miller (claims his foot will afect him the rest of season)or pick up Fran Elson off waivers. Need this bad since I currently have last playoff spot in a 14 man league. Thanks, you're the best!

David Thorpe: (12:32 PM ET ) No clue about fantasy, sorry, but Palm Harbor is 10 minutes north of me and is quite beautiful.

Donald (Scotland): Hypothetical: assuming Oden lives up to all the hype, which would you pick #1 if they were both coming out at the same age: Oden or... LeBron?

David Thorpe: (12:32 PM ET ) Bron.

Chris F. Ontario: If Nash were a yankee-doodle and played for team USA, do they win the 2006 Olympics?

David Thorpe: (12:32 PM ET ) Actually, probably yes.

Dave: OK, next year get Dwight to do the sticker dunk again but this time attach a Krispy Kreme gift card and convince Charles Barkley to grab a ladder to go up and retrieve it. That should get him, what, a 44???

David Thorpe: (12:33 PM ET ) Are you reading this, Chuck?

David Thorpe: (12:34 PM ET ) I've just answered all of the questions that came before noon not involving trades, now I have to troll through 1100 questions to find some gems so be patient. We won't get near 90 questions today.

Nick (Quakertown, PA): What do you think of starting Michael Finley in place of Brent Barry to get Fin some more time with TD?

David Thorpe: (12:34 PM ET ) He looked good yesterday-Finely can still play. But Pops knows what he is doing.

JKlipp (Milwaukee, WI): Dwight should steal the AARP cards out of the judges wallets and put them on top of the backboard... that they couldn't ignore...

David Thorpe: (12:35 PM ET ) Ouch!! Something tells me that all of them could have done the same dunk that Howard did and that's why they were not impressed. I mean-could have done it THAT NIGHT!

Chris (Jersey City): Kobe, Vince & J Rich to revive the Dunk contest at next year's all star in New Orleans. What do you think?

David Thorpe: (12:37 PM ET ) Honestly Chris, with 30 games to go before what should be the best playoff race im years, and you are looking towards the Dunk contest next year? C'mon man!!

Justin (Memphis, TN): David....being from memphis, I've seen Alexander Johnson play a lot.. from working with him, how good can he be?

David Thorpe: (12:37 PM ET ) Really good. Tremendous work ethic on the court and amazing athleticism.

Damien (New York): Does JJ Redick have any chance of being an effective player in the NBA? I thought he would be like Steve Kerr.

David Thorpe: (12:38 PM ET ) I think he can be better than Kerr.

Kevan (Pasadena, CA): I'm trying to improve my form when I shoot and I've read your suggestion of looking at the middle of the hoop. But whenever I focus on where to look, my form falls apart. Either I can't multi-task or I'm missing something. Any suggestions?

David Thorpe: (12:38 PM ET ) See the whole rim, not just the middle.

jake(oregon): With the young core and a superstar to be in Brandon Roy how long til portland is in the playoffs again?

David Thorpe: (12:39 PM ET ) The West is deep, but Portland may be in the fight next season.

Mark (NC): Who's the better PG Felton or Paul? Because last night Felton owned Paul.

David Thorpe: (12:39 PM ET ) See "The Rule of One" mentioned earlier.

rich - washington d.c.: Is it bad the I'm most comfortable shooting the ball while falling/fading to the left? I'm right-handed.

David Thorpe: (12:40 PM ET ) It's normal to prefer fading left than right, but you should only fade when necessary. Straight up and down is the ticket to more made buckets.

Ben (Denver): Tell the guy that is having shooting problems when he looks at the rim, to close his eyes

David Thorpe: (12:40 PM ET ) Bingo!

Brian (LA): What upside do you see for Shelden Williams?

David Thorpe: (12:40 PM ET ) Solid starter and a double double guy.

Steve (Chicago): I love Steve Kerr, and he was an important shooter on teams that won titles, but comparing him to Redick is an insult to JJ's talents. Redick should end up being a 15-20 ppg game scorer.

David Thorpe: (12:41 PM ET ) Not an insult-but yes, JJ should average 15+ starting next year.

Audel Del Toro, San Fernando, Ca.: Who is the purest shooter in teh NBA?

David Thorpe: (12:42 PM ET ) Maybe Ray Allen. Who do you guys think? Kapono?

Nick (WestlandMI): What do you think of the young guys on the Pistons like Delfino and Maxiell? Can they be starter-caliber players in the future?

David Thorpe: (12:42 PM ET ) Not sure about Delfino-seems a little lazy. But I love Maxiell.

Joe (Indiana): I didn't think the dunk contest was that good this year. I thought the judges did a good job, especially MJ and the Dr. J. I hated giving Green a 10 at teh end. He jumped over a small table and did the Dee Brown dunk, except he looked at the end. Over 80% of the 2's and 3's in the league could have done that. I miss Vince and Jason Richardson. J-Rich off the backboard between his legs, NASTY!

David Thorpe: (12:42 PM ET ) Agree completely.

Josh (Florida State): Hey David, going back to Al Thorton... I see him play often, as I go to FSU. I agree with you that he is a sick athlete and a Beast, but some question his basketball IQ and I might have to agree. He shoots some terrible shots when he doesnt touch the ball enough and can play slightly out of control somtimes. Is that something that can be fixed in the NBA (Stupid Mistakes)? Or will an NBA team be stuck with a good player who makes poor choices? If it can be fixed, any team would jump all over this guy!

David Thorpe: (12:44 PM ET ) Josh, watch an NBA game and count all of the bad shots. When you get to 30, you'll know that Al will fit right in.

Jeff (Chicago): Ben Gordon purest shooter? Rarley hits the rim even. Always balanced, even off the dribble

David Thorpe: (12:44 PM ET ) He's in the running.

Don Cheech (NYC): Better Pro in 10 years: Foye or Roy?

David Thorpe: (12:45 PM ET ) Too tough to call, but I'd lean to Roy.

Dave (Orlando): Don't look now, three good games as a starter from Darko. What should we think?

David Thorpe: (12:46 PM ET ) Kid can play, just needs consistency in the rotation.

Eugene (Las Vegas): why does wade and kobe get so much mvp contention and tmac gets nothing. his team is much better than both heat and lakers... not to mention all 3 teams have had serious injuries.

David Thorpe: (12:46 PM ET ) TMac is awesome and deserves to be in the discussion. Wade leads the league in PER. He is having a season for the ages, I think.

Jeff (Iowa): After watching the Suns play with Nash in the lineup last night, the debate for league MVP should end. He is the most valuable player to his team.

David Thorpe: (12:47 PM ET ) I was thinking the same thing last night, but the same can be said about Dirk and Wade.

Matt (Boston): 3rd time asking, Oden or durant???

David Thorpe: (12:48 PM ET ) Quit crying. Leaning to Durant now, but still want to see Oden when totally healthy.

Layton (Utah): What do you think of Deron Williams? All I have to say is this: Boozer goes down, the Jazz win six straight. D-Will sits out a game, the Jazz lose to Portland. Thoughts?

David Thorpe: (12:48 PM ET ) A point guard is to basketball as a quarterback is to football.

Tim (NYC): Speaking of Darko, better draft pick: Darko or Sam Bowie?

David Thorpe: (12:49 PM ET ) Good stuff. Darko!

Kurt (Chicago, IL): Why do you think there are serious PF and C prospects in college with no post skills? Are post fundamentals dead?

David Thorpe: (12:49 PM ET ) Not dead. But dying, perhaps. Everyone likes to face up.

Matthew (Athens, GA): What do you think the future holds for Marquis Daniels? Do you think he will find a spot giving him more minutes eventually?

David Thorpe: (12:50 PM ET ) He's in danger of going the Tim Thomas route. Amazingly talented, but lost and alone.

Luke ( Philly): Best pure shooters: 1. Ray Allen 2. Redick 3. Korver 4. Ben Gordon 5. Redd 6. Kapono 7. Nash 8. Dirk

David Thorpe: (12:50 PM ET ) Dirk should be top 3 I think.

dan (dc): For an NBA player to be a good defensive player, what percentage would you say is based on effort and what percentage is based on talent?

David Thorpe: (12:51 PM ET ) First of all, giving effort IS A TALENT. We must understand that.

Todd Robison (Ca): whos the best player in the nba right now? Kobe or lebron

David Thorpe: (12:51 PM ET ) Kobe, Wade, Dirk.

brittany (candy land): best pure shooter: joe johnson

David Thorpe: (12:52 PM ET ) Nice call-He's really special.

Brock (Peoria, AZ): David - Something we do know is that Kirilenko is struggling on offense and defense. What advice do you have for him? Can he return to the player he once was?

David Thorpe: (12:52 PM ET ) I think he needs to scale back his game and work on doing simple things, make easy plays.

Steve Chicago: How does Luke put JJ ahead of guys that have proven they have the shooting touch at the NBA level...the 3 point line is closer in college and there is almost no D?

David Thorpe: (12:53 PM ET ) Agreed-JJ has not earned a spot yet.

JRod (Sullivan, IL): If Wade is the 2nd best player in the NBA why does Hinrich constantly shut him down in the Heat/Bulls matchups?

David Thorpe: (12:54 PM ET ) That wasn't a list in order. But you are saying Hinrich is a Wade stopper?

Omar: Who would win in a one on one match - Kobe vs Jordan, Two on Two Kobe and MJ vs. Lebron and Wade

David Thorpe: (12:54 PM ET ) Ditka!!

Derek (Cleveland): J Noah reminds me of a bigger/stronger A Varejao. What do you think?

David Thorpe: (12:55 PM ET ) Much better floor game too.

Tom (Denver): Jordan would eat everyone alive.

David Thorpe: (12:55 PM ET ) yes-I'd never pick against him.

Steve (Florida): Noah reminds me of a bust.

David Thorpe: (12:55 PM ET ) A bust of whom?

Scott (Nashville, TN): What do you think the Grizzlies need to do to turn the organization around?

David Thorpe: (12:55 PM ET ) 1. a new coach

2. a point guard

JJ(DC): Should Scottie Pippen REALLY make a comeback? And do you know why in the world he said he was a better all-around player than Jordan?

David Thorpe: (12:56 PM ET ) Did he really say that? Where did you see that?

Sev (Sydney): David who would you take to start a franchise, Magic or Jordan?

David Thorpe: (12:56 PM ET ) It's my chat so I'll take my all-time favorite. The Magic man!!

Drheat (Miami FL): What do you think of Dorell Wright? Can he be an starter in this league?

David Thorpe: (12:57 PM ET ) Yes, but he still needs so much.

warren(miami): hinrich does shut down wade somewhat in the regular season.... playoffs he did a great job too... BULLS HAVE GREAT HELP D as well.... but i would say he plays D on wade better than any player ive seen(i live in miami watched every teams matchups on wade)

David Thorpe: (12:57 PM ET ) Hinrich is a terrific defender, I agree.

Matt,MPLS : You said Foye could be an allstar, and I agree. But do you think he has true pg skills in him. I know he had some assist in the rook game ( all alley oops ), but he just doesn't seem like a passer to me.

David Thorpe: (12:58 PM ET ) Never will be a true pg-it's just not in him. He'll be more like Arenas.

Mike (Boston): Can Al Jefferson be an allstar?

David Thorpe: (12:58 PM ET ) yes.

Danny (Bronx, NY): When will people realize it's not if you start the game, it's if you're on the floor to finish and it's a blow out. Tell all the people complaining that David Lee should start to check the minutes of each Knick game and notice he's playing starers minutes.

David Thorpe: (12:58 PM ET ) Right.

Josh (Toronto): Me and My friend are having a serious argument...Please end it for me...Whats more important a superstar guard or superstar big? Who creates more space on the floor?

David Thorpe: (12:59 PM ET ) It's more important to argue over other subjects. Like, which is funnier, "Caddyshack" or "Happy Gilmore".

Karl (Chicago): Highest ceiling of Marion, D Lee, and Noah? I see them all as all star caliber with no plays for them, but do all the dirty work.

David Thorpe: (1:00 PM ET ) Very nicely done Karl. Lee and Noah both have higher upsides than Marion, but may never get there.

Steve Chicago: What kind of offensive player do you see Tryrus Thomas becoming....it doesn't seem like he has ANY outside shot....is he going to simply be a guy that gets lobs and tip ins?

David Thorpe: (1:01 PM ET ) He can be a 18+ ppg guy-give him time.

Matt (DC): Just to confirm, The Tribune did quote that pippen said that garbage

David Thorpe: (1:02 PM ET ) Wow.

Mike, LA: You cannot compare the comedic genius of Caddyshack to the one man show of Happy Gilmore. Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Dangerfield, etc. C'mon. Gunga la gunga

David Thorpe: (1:03 PM ET ) Until next week!

"The Price is wrong, ____!!"

Quote:

He borrowed BK's crack pipe. The same pipe BK was smoking when he passed on Deng, CP3, and Brandon Roy. BK will be sure to get the pipe back before our next draft.
headbang.gif

if he's smoking crack, then his comment about Roy being really good would be null and void too huh....

I am not sure how credible Thorpe is, and he is obviously biased, but he indicated that people have a high opinion of Orien Greene.

Anyone one else have intel on Greene? Could the Hawks trade Lue for Greene (maybe the Pacers could use Lue for the playoffs?)?

Probably a long shot but I do think the Hawks need to bring in a young point guard with starter potential to hopefully replace Speedy in the near future.

I would also look into dumping Medvedenko and grabbing Loren Woods. Can't hurt.

obviously you are blind. sheldon was getting close to 7 and 7 despite only getting 23 min a game with no plays ran for him and a bum shoulder before put him on the bench. if we actually give him the ball 3 to 4 times a game and tell him to go into the post (something i don't think woody has ever told him to do) he would get 10 and 10. if he was on the rockets, he would be a contender for rookie of the year. we are playing him wrong just like we have been playing everyone on this team wrong for the past 3 years.

• Premium Member

Shelden is not that bad, when he's been given the minutes he's put up good numbers, especially for a rookie. It's BKs dumbass for drafting a player that can't get PT on this roster, and he'll do it again this year with the Indy pick.

no, i'm not interested in orien greene. he played here in gainesville(UF) before transferring to i think stjohns/josephs or something....is a friend of my coworker...his big addition would be defense...imagine a wing player with good defense but his offense needed work...not sure if anything has changed the last year or two.

Quote:

no, i'm not interested in orien greene. he played here in gainesville(UF) before transferring to i think stjohns/josephs or something....is a friend of my coworker...his big addition would be defense...imagine a wing player with good defense but his offense needed work...not sure if anything has changed the last year or two.

Thanks. Thorpe's chat made it sound like Greene had potential to be a starting point guard. He is 6'4" and if he plays good defense he at least fits the mold.