• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks / Spurs

gsuteke

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That loss doesn't bother me much. The Hawks have to play well to beat the Spurs and they really didnt, but they at least hung tough. They missed a ton of fts and Smith was 3-14. They could have easily gotten blown out.

Smith needs to learn a bit of JJ's in between game for days like this when it is tough to get to the rim.

JJ started 0-5 but was 13-22 the rest of the game. He and Zaza got the Hawks back in the game.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Shelden was GREAT tonight...6 big minutes, didn't shoot but did grab as many boards as he had fouls...2...Looked the a 5th pick to me...

BK sure pulled one over on the rest of the league when he made Shelden shut down the pre-draft workouts. Otherwise, Shelden maybe someplace else right now.
twirl.gif

Shelden really isn't THAT bad, but the pick by BK WAS that bad. The reason being is that Shelden will not be able to get minutes on this team. Even worse, he has a low trade value.

How can you take shots at Marv and then say Shelden isn't all that bad? Marvin catches a lot of crap because of who we passed to get him. But Deng is light years better than Chill, and Shelden is pretty crappy. The dude can't score. He has no low post game, can't get a shot off inside, and his defense is pretty bad. He is nothing he was advertised to be...of course, I knew it and so did a lot of others here at HS. BK is always the last to know.

• Premium Member

Quote:

How can you take shots at Marv and then say Shelden isn't all that bad? Marvin catches a lot of crap because of who we passed to get him. But Deng is light years better than Chill, and Shelden is pretty crappy. The dude can't score. He has no low post game, can't get a shot off inside, and his defense is pretty bad. He is nothing he was advertised to be...of course, I knew it and so did a lot of others here at HS. BK is always the last to know.

The difference is that Marvin actually gets a lot of PT to prove himself, Shelden doesn't.

I didn't want Shelden in the draft either, and still don't, I'm just saying when he's been given playing time, he has played well. At the beginning of the year when he was starting, he was like 3rd in NBA rookie rankings.

Shelden was a waste and the fact that he can't crack the rotation on the Hawks, who have nothing up front, speaks volumes about his defense. He gets cricified off the dribble and hasn't blocked a shot all year. The landlord apparently sold out to somebody else. If his shoulder is really that bad, then sit his ass down until it gets better.

If it was that bad, that is what they would be doing. His shoulder is a convenient excuse for the few left who have any hope for him.

Marvin missed some free throws but he played fine.

I am not sure what stands between me and just giving up on the Hawks this year. Been here bunch of times, several years running. Hoping against hope that they will turn it around, a trade will be made, FA pick up. However, we've been let down consistently and with the future looming like a dark cloud ahead; AKA Belkin, really thinking about just mailing it in. March madness is just around the corner. Hope that will distract me and I'll just let the Hawks fade into oblivion one more year. A man can only stand so much, and I'm close to my limit. Hope the Spirit, Belkin, Woody and BK have a good time running this franchise into the ground. At this point a pessimist seems like the same thing as a realist.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Shelden was a waste and the fact that he can't crack the rotation on the Hawks, who have nothing up front, speaks volumes about his defense.

What are we gonna do, play him at Center??? He's 6'7!!

Smith is playing 35-40 minutes a night regardless, and Marvin and Chill are the SF's, so that leaves about 10-15 minutes a night for Shelden. This is why he was a horrible pick, he is not as bad as you are making him out to be.

You just want some1 to blast to take some of the heat off of your boy Marvin.

I would trade Childress because his upside is limited relative to the two other SF's and he does have value. There is zero sense for us to have serious holes on the team and keep our 4 #1 draft pick forwards.

Think about this...Billy Knight has had 4 #1 draft picks in the last 3 years. He has picked all forwards. At some point it becomes ridiculous. The only guard he has taken in 3 drafts is Salim, who can't play PG...or defense.

We don't have the luxury to duplicate positions while neglecting other serious holes. Trade Chill and get us a PG! Or, get creative and figure out how to get some real inside help. But, DO SOMETHING!

Quote:

Shelden really isn't THAT bad, but the pick by BK WAS that bad. The reason being is that Shelden will not be able to get minutes on this team. Even worse, he has a low trade value.

2nd Rders show SW up. Come on man. He's bad. The pick was worse. Much worse, but SW is still bad.

Worse than all that, "the promise". How does a GM keep his job after that move?!? Seriously, I'm more than shocked this doesn't get more press and Sekou and other AJC reporters should have torn BK a new one after that moronic display of armchair GMing.

It just might have been the least intelligent move in the history of GMing. Yes, other moves turned out worse, but I can't think of a move that had less potential of helping and more potential of hurting the team than that single move.

FIRE BILLY KNIGHT from a canon!!!!!! biggun.gif

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

2nd Rders show SW up. Come on man. He's bad. The pick was worse. Much worse, but SW is still bad.

Worse than all that, "the promise". How does a GM keep his job after that move?!? Seriously, I'm more than shocked this doesn't get more press and Sekou and other AJC reporters should have torn BK a new one after that moronic display of armchair GMing.

It just might have been the least intelligent move in the history of GMing. Yes, other moves turned out worse, but I can't think of a move that had less potential of helping and more potential of hurting the team than that single move.

FIRE BILLY KNIGHT from a canon!!!!!! biggun.gif

W

What I'm saying is that he isn't THAT bad, I'm not claiming him good or great by any means. He isn't as bad as y'all make him out to be, although the pick WAS that bad.

I can't judge some1 or bash him when he hasn't been given significant time to prove himself. However, I will continue to bash BK.

Quote:

I am not sure what stands between me and just giving up on the Hawks this year. Been here bunch of times, several years running. Hoping against hope that they will turn it around, a trade will be made, FA pick up. However, we've been let down consistently and with the future looming like a dark cloud ahead; AKA Belkin, really thinking about just mailing it in. March madness is just around the corner. Hope that will distract me and I'll just let the Hawks fade into oblivion one more year. A man can only stand so much, and I'm close to my limit. Hope the Spirit, Belkin, Woody and BK have a good time running this franchise into the ground. At this point a pessimist seems like the same thing as a realist.

I know. I felt this way in the first month of the season. You can't play the way we do and expect to get in the playoffs. Every game counts. We lost too many games at the start to have a chance. We've been blown out consistently.

I think that dark cloud has a silver lining. bandit.gif

Quote:

At this point a pessimist seems like the same thing as a realist.

Too many people have been and remain dissolusioned about this team's short and long-term abilities. We aren't very far from having to gut this team and RE-rebuild as we have let pass or missused every good opportunity to date to make this team a potential contender and it seems the opportunities are all but gone, especially with this ownership.

Once I determine we have to gut and rebuild (should we need to) it will take the dissolusioned fan 2-3 more years to realize that. Come on people. I'm not saying we're there yet but you anti-tankers and faith blinded fans need to wake up and realize this rebuild is in SERIOUS trouble that our current, terribly diminished capitol likely cannot fix no matter who is at the helm.

W