• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks / Spurs

gsuteke

It really doesn't matter if the fans think we should tank or not. In fact, what we think doesn't mean anything. The Hawks will not get a top 3 pick this year and you can take that to the bank. We all need to accept the fact that PHX owns our pick this year and we pick where Indy does.

Tanking is not something that fans impact. It is a moot point. The Hawks will win enough that they lose their pick.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

It really doesn't matter if the fans think we should tank or not. In fact, what we think doesn't mean anything. The Hawks will not get a top 3 pick this year and you can take that to the bank. We all need to accept the fact that PHX owns our pick this year and we pick where Indy does.

It matters in that to argue not to tank means you believe there is a more likely, better strategy to make this team a contender than tanking would have been. At this point that appears the anti-tank position was more faith-based GMing. At some point you've got to lay down your fan bible, step from the fan congregation, and start thinking rational. As unattractive as it is to say "there is no god in sports", you start there.

Without blind faith this team played It's by far greater probabilities of tanking.

W

Quote:

Said Ginobili: "Some of those stretches were the best of my career. [Coach Gregg] Popovich started running every single play for me and all of them worked."

and Woody responded with,

Quote:

"I liked our effort," Woodson said. "It was much higher than [Tuesday night in Chicago]. We played with energy most of the night. But ..."

Is there a standards issue here?

Quote:

Poster: Walter

Subject: Re: I've been a realist for a long time

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point a pessimist seems like the same thing as a realist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too many people have been and remain dissolusioned about this team's short and long-term abilities. We aren't very far from having to gut this team and RE-rebuild as we have let pass or missused every good opportunity to date to make this team a potential contender and it seems the opportunities are all but gone, especially with this ownership.

Once I determine we have to gut and rebuild (should we need to) it will take the dissolusioned fan 2-3 more years to realize that. Come on people. I'm not saying we're there yet but you anti-tankers and faith blinded fans need to wake up and realize this rebuild is in SERIOUS trouble that our current, terribly diminished capitol likely cannot fix no matter who is at the helm.

W

I think the only posters who are disillusioned are the ones that seem to think that if we [censored] about something enough on a message board, we'll effect change somehow.

Do you have any idea how tiresome it is to read posts like these that seem to be scolding us (FANS, BY THE WAY) for the direction the team's going in and the poor decision making?

Quote:

Quote:

Poster: Walter

Subject: Re: I've been a realist for a long time

Quote:

At this point a pessimist seems like the same thing as a realist.

Too many people have been and remain dissolusioned about this team's short and long-term abilities. We aren't very far from having to gut this team and RE-rebuild as we have let pass or missused every good opportunity to date to make this team a potential contender and it seems the opportunities are all but gone, especially with this ownership.

Once I determine we have to gut and rebuild (should we need to) it will take the dissolusioned fan 2-3 more years to realize that. Come on people. I'm not saying we're there yet but you anti-tankers and faith blinded fans need to wake up and realize this rebuild is in SERIOUS trouble that our current, terribly diminished capitol likely cannot fix no matter who is at the helm.

W

I think the only posters who are disillusioned are the ones that seem to think that if we [censored] about something enough on a message board, we'll effect change somehow.

Do you have any idea how tiresome it is to read posts like these that seem to be scolding us (FANS, BY THE WAY) for the direction the team's going in and the poor decision making?

Okay. I'm TIRED of this. This entire thread has been using 'disillusioned' when the opposite is what you mean. (Not trying to call you out specifically, sheedera.) Disillusioned means disenchanted, demoralized, holding "no illusions" about things. Walter and TroyMcClure are disillusioned, as they have an absolute certainty that this team as-is could ever possibly be good, evidence to the contrary. The rest of us who see possibilities on the horizons -- call them illusions -- are 'illusioned.' smile.gif In the case of the ridiculous belief you cited (that messageboard posters effect change), JohnnyBravo et al are quite certainly illusioned.

Quote:

Okay. I'm TIRED of this. This entire thread has been using 'disillusioned' when the opposite is what you mean. (Not trying to call you out specifically, sheedera.) Disillusioned means disenchanted, demoralized, holding "no illusions" about things. Walter and TroyMcClure are disillusioned, as they have an absolute certainty that this team as-is could ever possibly be good, evidence to the contrary. The rest of us who see possibilities on the horizons -- call them illusions -- are 'illusioned.' In the case of the ridiculous belief you cited (that messageboard posters effect change), JohnnyBravo et al are quite certainly illusioned.

I called some on this board "delusional", which is a little different. Delusional means, and I know you know this Z, that a person has a false belief. It points to a psychiatric disorder. A disorder you must suffer from to know the history of the team and think that things are improving.

Also, I don't think this team could win a title but I do believe this is a playoff team with a Jerry Sloan type as coach. That's why I'm so mad.

Notice he's never had a goatee or a terrorist beard. I think he's worried about basketball or something.

Quote:

A disorder you must suffer from to know the history of the team and think that things are improving.

Numerically, they are. Can't be denied.

Quote:

Quote:

Said Ginobili: "Some of those stretches were the best of my career. [Coach Gregg] Popovich started running every single play for me and all of them worked."

and Woody responded with,

Quote:

"I liked our effort," Woodson said. "It was much higher than [Tuesday night in Chicago]. We played with energy most of the night. But ..."

Is there a standards issue here?

Yes. Mine are higher than the ASG, BK, and Woody's are. That's for sure.