• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Joe says we have to make a deal......

HawksFan87

Joe knows we need more firepower...but unforunately I doubt he gets it. Obviously Gasol would turn us into a playoff team next season if we could hang onto Joe, Smoove, and Chill...but he's either staying in Memphis or going to Chicago. Ridnour wouldn't help nearly as much as Pau but I'd still like to have him...I've basically given up hope on that front too though.

That would be pathetic. The guy sucks. He was as good as he will ever be one night last year. They still lost.

Anyone remember him sucking for us a few years back? He was one of the guys that couldn't get it done. Always took some wack shot.

Now we suck so bad that he looks like an improvement. There was a reason we got rid of this scrub years ago. I don't consider him a " quality " backup.

He is better than Speedy.

Quote:

I think we're going to trade for Anthony Johnson.

Probably a Batista for Johnson trade or something like that.

What's one more BU quality PG?

What we should do is trade for Ridnour and get Magloire.

trading for Magloire or Johnson doesn't make much sense on Feb 22. if the Hawks were going to make a move they should have done it a month ago.

if they do make a move it should be for a player that can grow with whichever of the young guys they are planning to keep.

Heard on ESPN that there is a four-team deal in the works. That to me says the Hawks are in the middle of something. We are one of the few teams that can facilitate a trade. No real details in what is involved with the trade (if they said it, I missed it while getting coffee (we need a coffee emoto)).

My guess is that we get something like Magloire or Luke and a pick out of the whole deal. That would be good for us.

Last night showed we have to get another post player. It is unfortunate that West is unwilling to trade Gasol. I think the Hawks would have made a strong push for him. Joe obviously wants Gasol here. Man that would be sweet, JJ and Gasol...

Quote:

He's about had it with losing and playing 400 MPG. This guy would never resign with us unless we turn it around ASAP and that isn't going to happen without lottery luck (we could have helped ourselves in this regard, but...) given our ownership situation, sorry amount of capitol given BK's horrid drafting, and limited and diminishing cap space. Again, for Joe Johnson to speak out at all...it's a roar. It's one step from another player demanding to be traded.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

That would be pathetic. The guy sucks. He was as good as he will ever be one night last year. They still lost.

Anyone remember him sucking for us a few years back? He was one of the guys that couldn't get it done. Always took some wack shot.

Now we suck so bad that he looks like an improvement. There was a reason we got rid of this scrub years ago. I don't consider him a " quality " backup.

He is better than Speedy.

Agree AJ is not a long term answer or a quick fix either. He is more of a retread than Speedy.

I also think we would look at some kind of impotent deal like an Anthony Johnson. That is the kind of deal which we specialize. The band aid kind of deal that doesn't get anybody pumped about anything.

I wish we could dump Claxton because I don't like watching gutless players. Maybe the Cavs are desperate enough. Or the Heat.

I will bet when JJ signed here they told him they would be aggressive and try to win big. He is now going public and wants to see some action.

Quote:

It is unfortunate that West is unwilling to trade Gasol. I think the Hawks would have made a strong push for him. Joe obviously wants Gasol here. Man that would be sweet, JJ and Gasol...

With JS and MW or JC and SW or ZaZa remaining these two would have no excuse not to at least make the playoffs year in ad year out. It's debatable whther it would be enough to contend, but with JS, a GOOD Pg, and a solid role playing D center it could.

Gasol may be available but Memphis is tanking too good with him (coaching). He was available when they had just started to effectively tank.

I fear any deal that BK is cooking up. This 4-team deal is going to continue to half-ass address this team's many flaws and we'll likely be talking about readdressing them next year this time, likely without a major piece of capitol having traded it away.

W

Is anybody else tired of hearing that we aren't in for the "quick fix". No kidding? Well, Hawks fans can vouch that under BK and the ASG there is certainly no quick fix.

In fact, they don't fix anything. It's insulting for them to even use that terminology. How about..."we may never understand how to fix this mess, and its been 7 long ass years". And, "we would rather keep putting band-aids on gaping wounds". That seems to describe the situation better.

Quote:

I also think we would look at some kind of impotent deal like an Anthony Johnson. That is the kind of deal which we specialize. The band aid kind of deal that doesn't get anybody pumped about anything.

I wish we could dump Claxton because I don't like watching gutless players. Maybe the Cavs are desperate enough. Or the Heat.

I will bet when JJ signed here they told him they would be aggressive and try to win big. He is now going public and wants to see some action.

and i'm actually glad to see him do so. i think ownership realizes that Joe is the face of the franchise and that if he's not happy, the fans will be even more unhappy (especially since we sent quite a bit over for him[althoughworthit]).

after hearing that we're last in 3 point shooting, it would really be nice to get a shooter in there too. of course a point guard that can shoot would be even better but just a role player like a brent barry can be a small boost.

I sent a letter to the owners yesterday telling them they need to do something to get some excitement back into the team. I also told them I was not renewing if BK comes back. I doubt they care but I'm finished supporting the team with my hard earned cash and watching him blow every high pick. How long does it take to realize this guy stinks?