• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Joe says we have to make a deal......

HawksFan87

Quote:

We have much bigger needs than a back up 2-guard. We need a PG...and defense in the paint. Brent Barry is OK but I think we have much bigger isues.

What an understatement! Doc mentioned Barry and I just thought about how only Joe and sometimes Smoove are better than Barry. I know he would be the smartest player on our team. In the top two at least. When I think about it, I believe with his size and shooting, we would be in the chase right now. Too late though.

• Premium Member

Magloire being on the last days of his contract will come in a play hard... if given 27 mpg.

At the end of the season, his hard work will be trade value to us. I think we may be able to transform a hard working Magloire into a 1st round pick or some young prospects if we don't decide to keep him... (I wouldn't).

I'm not for trading for Johnson, but the fact that Woody named him tells me that he's been up for discussion and I think Dallas would trade him away for Cheap!

I'm not saying he would help us long term. I'm just saying he is smarter and more game savvy than anyone on our team outside of Joe.

Quote:

Barry would never be better that anybody on this team in any way.

That is just wrong. Only Joe could even think of matching him as a shooter. He is also as good a defender as anyone we have. That doesn't say much about our defensive abilities.

• Premium Member

I agree with AJ. I don't think we ought to move for him.. I would rather have Ridnour...

But Magloire is a good pickup for us because I think he would want his bird rights in tact. He's UFA but I believe we can Stephen Jackson him and use him to get either a young prospect, or a pick or he might resign if we do well.

Quote:

Quote:

I also think we would look at some kind of impotent deal like an Anthony Johnson. That is the kind of deal which we specialize. The band aid kind of deal that doesn't get anybody pumped about anything.

I wish we could dump Claxton because I don't like watching gutless players. Maybe the Cavs are desperate enough. Or the Heat.

I will bet when JJ signed here they told him they would be aggressive and try to win big. He is now going public and wants to see some action.

and i'm actually glad to see him do so. i think ownership realizes that Joe is the face of the franchise and that if he's not happy, the fans will be even more unhappy (especially since we sent quite a bit over for him[althoughworthit]).

after hearing that we're last in 3 point shooting, it would really be nice to get a shooter in there too. of course a point guard that can shoot would be even better but just a role player like a brent barry can be a small boost.

I am not sure adding a guy like Brent Barry makes sense at this time. He is definitely the type of guy the Hawks need coming off the bench (and the type of veteran the team should be targeting in the off-season) but right now the Hawks need to use whatever trade capital they have to address the starting point guard and center positions.

My thinking is, that if they are going to do a mid-season trade, do a real trade and bring in someone who can start. Then in the off-season sign or trade for smart veterans to use off the bench.

Quote:

Magloire being on the last days of his contract will come in a play hard... if given 27 mpg.

At the end of the season, his hard work will be trade value to us. I think we may be able to transform a hard working Magloire into a 1st round pick or some young prospects if we don't decide to keep him... (I wouldn't).

I'm not for trading for Johnson, but the fact that Woody named him tells me that he's been up for discussion and I think Dallas would trade him away for Cheap!

if you survey the cap landscape and nobody is going to have money that would be insterested in Magloire he would be a good pickup.

i can promise you three things though

1. you're gonna die

2. you're gonna be taxed

3. Billy ain't trading Marvin Williams

unfortunately without a pick this year he trading capitol is limited outside of TLue.

what ever happened to the days where teams would give you stuff just to take a player off their hands for a year? confused.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

I agree with AJ. I don't think we ought to move for him.. I would rather have Ridnour...

Looks like you've got one more thing to be "happy" about, Diesel. Put some spin and a slap a smile sticker on this one.

W