• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'll repeat what I said:

ATL_BALLER

BK - and the ASG - will be able to say "See -we were active. We needed a solid PG and we got one, so we're better prepared to make a playoff push."

Low and behold, from BK:

“We’re happy to be able to bring Anthony Johnson back to Atlanta ,” Knight said. “He provides us with another

veteran presence, and brings a great deal of regular season and postseason experience to our club.”

Thanks for appeasing us, Billy. JUST AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL.

Quote:

Thanks for appeasing us, Billy. JUST AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL.

Fans like Lascar will sound the corporate line as if they were BK's water boy.

Just a lame GM and some lamer fans.

P.S. AJ's deal is NOT cheap and it lasts through next year. We just got screwed people.

W

Levenson has told me explicitly that BK is not handicapped by the situation - he's free to make any deal.

Knowing that - this is what he get? I know we don't know exactly who was available to Billy, and what price, but come on! This move wreaks of appeasment on all fronts - but it's actually much worse.

We just lost cap space for another PG - an average distributor at best - who fits in nicely with our other bench-worthy ones.

I don't understand any of you who think this was a good move - that's letting management off the hook, when they don't deserve it.

Quote:

Levenson has told me explicitly that BK is not handicapped by the situation - he's free to make any deal.

Knowing that - this is what he get? I know we don't know exactly who was available to Billy, and what price, but come on! This move wreaks of appeasment on all fronts - but it's actually much worse.

We just lost cap space for another PG - an average distributor at best - who fits in nicely with our other bench-worthy ones.

I don't understand any of you who think this was a good move - that's letting management off the hook, when they don't deserve it.

But we didn't lose cap space. We obtained a contract that can be tossed in to make the numbers work. LOL . . you guys act like AJ is making 6 million or so. He's not even making 3 million. AJ becomes the type of contract that you can add in a deal, with players like a ZaZa, Lue, and Lorenzen, to make a move. All have contracts that expire next year. And that's an asset a team can use, to get a good, but disgruntled player. Or maybe that team wants to go in another direction, and is willing to trade a good player, obtain cap space for the summer of 2008, and rebuild the team from there.

Gotta look at the situation from all angles.

We DID lose space - and with a cap, every little bit counts, and he ate up about 2 mill more.

I don't understand your argument about using his contract as an asset to make the numbers work. We could have absorbed whatever player we were taking back because we had the room. Now we HAVE to include him in a deal.