• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anthony Johnson Trade Poll

Guest Walter

IMO this resembles a quick god-awful something and putting us in a fix rather than it being a "quick fix". AJ's deal lasts through next year and must be close to 3 million next year. That leaves us with about $6.5 million in cap space with the release of Ivey. Moreover at 33 he is slowing down fast and can't help us at all long-term. His stats are lame. The 2nd rd pick will be high.

But what do you think. I believe the move is essentially inconsequential so I will define it as Inconsequential but bad or inconsequential but good for the Hawks' franchise.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really have a problem with AJ. He played well for Indy last year.

I just don't see how you can build a contender by filling your roster with unwanted players from other teams.

Basically this sets the Hawks up for a summer trade. There is no way Lue, AJ and Speedy will all be on the roster at the start of next season.

Quote:

I just don't see how you can build a contender by filling your roster with unwanted players from other teams.

So true. But not a problem if you aren't worried about being a contender. I'm just happy BK didn't give up a first round pick for him.

wow ... what a letdown

smack.gif

Quote:

I don't really have a problem with AJ. He played well for Indy last year.

Basically this sets the Hawks up for a summer trade. There is no way Lue, AJ and Speedy will all be on the roster at the start of next season.

I agree all the way. BK has shown guts in his drafting at times, but other than the JJ deal, he really hasn't shown much creativity / guts in getting us the players we need. Still, I think this trade helps, it's just not enough. He keeps positioning the team where we could really do well if we find the right trade, but he never seems to find it. Right now would be a prime time for a real GM to step in, make a bold move and have us right where we need to be. Just like Colangelo did in Toronto.

Quote:

I agree all the way. BK has shown guts in his drafting at times, but other than the JJ deal, he really hasn't shown much creativity / guts in getting us the players we need. Still, I think this trade helps, it's just not enough. He keeps positioning the team where we could really do well if we find the right trade, but he never seems to find it. Right now would be a prime time for a real GM to step in, make a bold move and have us right where we need to be. Just like Colangelo did in Toronto.

What kind of crack are you smoking? You just defended the A.J. move. Like 5 minute ago! Now, you are saying that it is not enough for BK to deserve to keep his job. WTF? You are making no sense.

Quote:

Quote:

What kind of crack are you smoking? You just defended the A.J. move. Like 5 minute ago! Now, you are saying that it is not enough for BK to deserve to keep his job. WTF? You are making no sense.

I too think the AJ move is worthwhile. I too think that BK is not the right GM. Are those ideas opposing? I don't think so.

Quote:

Try your hardest to wipe the steam off your monitor and get the following through your pea-sized brain. The following points are not mutually exclusive:

-Today's deal helps us a little

-Billy Knight as a whole has failed to find enough great trades. He also has failed to find a starting-caliber PG or C and probably deserves to go.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I too think the AJ move is worthwhile. I too think that BK is not the right GM. Are those ideas opposing? I don't think so.

Why not? If you are BK, the right move is one that gives us a playoff push and keeps your job. He's pushing for 30 wins Z. What is right about that? He is taking money away from any future moves. Djlaysitup explained it earlier. He's just covering his butt from an ownership group that is looking for any excuse not to kick it. The ASG is like an abused Sugar Momma. Billy is always like "well, what had happened was..." And she(the ASG) buys it.

Quote:

Quote:

Try your hardest to wipe the steam off your monitor and get the following through your pea-sized brain. The following points are not mutually exclusive:

-Today's deal helps us a little

-Billy Knight as a whole has failed to find enough great trades. He also has failed to find a starting-caliber PG or C and probably deserves to go.

Because of deals like this. You are officially an idiot. How does today's trade help us if it:

A - Takes away capspace

B - Doesn't get us in the playoffs

C - Is representitive of the reasons you said he deserved to be let go for.

You are a loser and I hope you are happy when we are losing next year. I'm sure you will be, as your long range plan will not be realized yet. In 2014 we'll be great!

What an apologist loser.

Quote:

Are you Nostradamus, perhaps Edgar Cayce, even Miss Cleo? If not, then how in the hizzell do you know that we won't be making the playoffs this season? Or is that perhaps just your pessimistic and negative mindset showing itself?

Quote:

how in the hizzell do you know that we won't be making the playoffs this season? Or is that perhaps just your pessimistic and negative mindset showing itself?

Lascar had already said he thought the move was good but would not get us in the playoffs. So your comments are a little off. My statement was based on an assumption made by Lascar.

I like the Edgar Casey reference! It's the pessimism. Hard not to be. I've been watchin for about 20 years. I also live in Atlanta. I hate that kids in our city have no, and I emphatically mean, NO respect for the Hawks. When we make the playoffs with A.J., Ill eat crow.

I thought this issue was cleared up with the Speedy signing.

Oh, wait. ambulance.gif

Quote:

You are officially an idiot.

Go f#ck yourself.

Quote:

How does today's trade help us if it:

A - Takes away capspace

Because we didn't have that much and probably weren't going to use it. And he is highly tradable at his rate, or allows us to trade Lue or Claxton and have backup at the position.

Quote:

You don't know that

Quote:

C - Is representitive of the reasons you said he deserved to be let go for.

The deals he made have nothing to do with why he should be let go. The vast majority of them have helped us. It's the deal he hasn't made that have hurt us.

Let me slow it down to your speed:

-I LIKE THIS DEAL BECAUSE IT HELPS A LITTLE

-I DON'T LIKE THAT WE DIDN'T ALSO FIND REALLY GOOD TRADES

Quote:

You are a loser and I hope you are happy when we are losing next year.

Weren't you in the group who wanted us to lose this year on purpose? Giving that 4th pick to Phoenix sure would have looked good when JJ asked to be traded!