• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anthony Johnson Trade Poll

Guest Walter

I agree with you actually. It is undoubtedly tough being a Hawks fan, and very difficult not to let negativity and pessimism creep into your outlook regarding this team. I battle the same feelings myself, but I still fight them and look for any possible ray of sunshine- no matter how remote they might be.

What else can ya do, other than give up on the team entirely or just walk around perennially pissed-off and sour all the time?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Because of deals like this. You are officially an idiot. How does today's trade help us if it:

A - Takes away capspace

B - Doesn't get us in the playoffs

C - Is representitive of the reasons you said he deserved to be let go for.

You are a loser and I hope you are happy when we are losing next year. I'm sure you will be, as your long range plan will not be realized yet. In 2014 we'll be great!

What an apologist loser.

I refuse to believe the poster that wrote this is out of middle school. Why are you so angry at someone for saying they think this single isolated event is not going to directly hurt the team? NO ONE IS SAYING THEY'RE GLAD THIS IS THE ONLY DEAL BK MADE!!!!!!!!!!!

AJ will be very tradeable in the offseason, he may not count against our cap, and he might be an asset that helps land a better player. He isn't good, but he's healthier than the other not so good pgs on our roster. This doesn't help much at all, but it also doesn't specifically hurt the franchise in any way, unless BK keeps all 300 of our below average PGs on the roster next season.

Relax! Hate BK all you want, but no poster here is being unreasonable by saying they think this slightly helps the team.

Quote:

Weren't you in the group who wanted us to lose this year on purpose? Giving that 4th pick to Phoenix sure would have looked good when JJ asked to be traded!

No. Do some research man. Pathetic. You make a point with facts, not your faded memory.

WTF is "A little Better"? You are just spewing crap. You make no sense.

BK only deserves to be judged by you, right?

Your argument is insane.

Quote:

...perhaps Edgar Cayce...

Now there's a name i haven't heard in awhile. Saw a special on him once - about how he would drift off to sleep and as he was drifting his wife would ask him questions and he'd predict things and make diagnosis'.

I tried it for awhile with my wife but later found out that all she was asking was - was I screwing around and did I have any money she didn't know about wizard.gif

Quote:

Relax! Hate BK all you want, but no poster here is being unreasonable by saying they think this slightly helps the team.

They are when they had just said BK deserves to be fired for trades like this, or bigger trades that were not made. He had to make moves. This is not a move. Your reading comprehension could use a little work too.

Quote:

No. Do some research man. Pathetic. You make a point with facts, not your faded memory.

I've been trying to avoid this place because over the past year it's become a bitchfest of massive proportions with @ssholes like you acting like a bunch of name-calling 15 year old girls in need of midol. I'm not going to research what you said because I don't give a sh!t.

Quote:

WTF is "A little Better"? You are just spewing crap. You make no sense.

Anthony Johnson will go further to help this team win than a 2nd round draft pick will, therefore this trade has made us a little better. If you don't understand what that means, you have issues.

Quote:

BK only deserves to be judged by you, right?

Your argument is insane.

I don't care who judges BK. Just don't disguise your overall hatred of BK as evaluation of this trade. This trades helps a little regardless of anyone's overall opinion of BK.

Quote:

Now there's a name i haven't heard in awhile.

You really don't hear about him much anymore, but back in the day Cayce was really something else. His accuracy was phenomenal, and he was also a really good person. When one of his prophesies turned out inaccurate (which was pretty rare), he was scrupulous about refunding that person's money in full.

He was also warned to cut back dramatically on his readings because they affected his health so adversely, but he felt like he couldn't refuse all the people out there who were so desperately seeking his help. So he kept on, and eventually it killed him. He died a very untimely death, far too soon.

• Premium Member

This move IMO hurts us, I could be wrong though.

It just pisses me off how contradicting and hypocritical BK is.. What was all that crap about we won't be trading for a "quick fix?" Something to ONLY help us in the future?? Now he goes and trades a HIGH 2nd rounder for a 33 year old Point guard who will also add 3 million in salary to our payroll NEXT YEAR.

We now have 10 million committed in PG salaries, and they are all horrible or injured. SAD.

This is why I made the post below last night:

I am not sure what stands between me and just giving up on the Hawks this year. Been here bunch of times, several years running. Hoping against hope that they will turn it around, a trade will be made, FA pick up. However, we've been let down consistently and with the future looming like a dark cloud ahead; AKA Belkin, really thinking about just mailing it in. March madness is just around the corner. Hope that will distract me and I'll just let the Hawks fade into oblivion one more year. A man can only stand so much, and I'm close to my limit. Hope the Spirit, Belkin, Woody and BK have a good time running this franchise into the ground. At this point a pessimist seems like the same thing as a realist.

Becasue we are pissing up a rope. No this is not an answer. This is an alka seltzer for someone with stomach cancer. Can't invest my psyche energy in this three ring circus any more.

Quote:

This move IMO hurts us, I could be wrong though.

It just pisses me off how contradicting and hypocritical BK is.. What was all that crap about we won't be trading for a "quick fix?" Something to ONLY help us in the future?? Now he goes and trades a HIGH 2nd rounder for a 33 year old Point guard who will also add 3 million in salary to our payroll NEXT YEAR.

We now have 10 million committed in PG salaries, and they are all horrible or injured. SAD.

That's kinda' what I'm getting at. Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

Quote:

I am not sure what stands between me and just giving up on the Hawks this year. Been here bunch of times, several years running. Hoping against hope that they will turn it around, a trade will be made, FA pick up. However, we've been let down consistently and with the future looming like a dark cloud ahead; AKA Belkin, really thinking about just mailing it in. March madness is just around the corner. Hope that will distract me and I'll just let the Hawks fade into oblivion one more year. A man can only stand so much, and I'm close to my limit. Hope the Spirit, Belkin, Woody and BK have a good time running this franchise into the ground. At this point a pessimist seems like the same thing as a realist.

Becasue we are pissing up a rope. No this is not an answer. This is an alka seltzer for someone with stomach cancer. Can't invest my psyche energy in this three ring circus any more.

Yeah. I think a lot of us feel this way. For me, this year is worse. Unless we lose all the rest of our games we won't have a decent draft pick this year. Usually we start looking forward to the draft about now because the team sucks. This year there is no hope. And we all know how good BK is at making trades. We have nothing that we can use to fool ourselves that we'll improve next year.

I'm not sure we are "pissing up a rope". I think BK is pissing on our shoes and telling us it's champagne.

russian.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

This is why I made the post below last night:

This is rock bottom. If Belkin takes over and moves the team to Las Vegas or Donald Sterlings the team then its simply dead.

Quote:

Yeah. I think a lot of us feel this way. For me, this year is worse. Unless we lose all the rest of our games we won't have a decent draft pick this year.

russian.gif

What are you talking about? How can this year be worse. Haven't you seen JJ and JS taken hyperleaps this year? Hasn't we had some amazing wins and amazing losses to enjoy this year? If the Suns didn't take our #10+ pick, then your season would have been better than last year?

• Premium Member

Yes, so many teams have their ownership situation in a legal war. So many teams have actual legal restrictions on what kind of contracts they can trade for OR sign their own players to. So many teams can't even break thirty wins in what five years?

Having two guys who can actually play out of 15 isn't anything to be happy about.

Quote:

Yes, so many teams have their ownership situation in a legal war. So many teams have actual legal restrictions on what kind of contracts they can trade for OR sign their own players to.

That's true. There is nothing we can do about that.

Quote:

So many teams can't even break thirty wins in what five years?

When you are rebuilding it happens. We had several bad starts at rebuilding. This time it looks like we have assebled some young studs with good character and versatility, something we lacked since the Smitty trade. The future looks bright. The Spurs announcers were admiring the collection of young players we got. A lot of the league want to snatch our young promising players for their aging stars. Its not all bad.

Quote:

Having two guys who can actually play out of 15 isn't anything to be happy about.

Most teams don't have two young guys with sky as their limits. Its an exaggeration to say that the other 13 can't play. All teams are filled with players like that.

Quote:

Yeah I forgot about Chill. He's a good sixth man. That makes 2 guys and one bench guy out of 15. Absolutely something to be excited about.
Eyecrazy.gif

Doesn't Marvin seem like an NBA player to you? Is Zaza a CBA player? How about Lue? Didn't the Lakers want to give us their 1st rounder before he got injured (buzz)?

All teams have utility players. You don't need to be excited about all the players of the team to not to call it "abyss". We are more stacked with young studs than many teams. You are over-reacting.