• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford asks a good question

TheDude

Chris (San Antonio): All of these teams wanting point guards and the Spurs not playing Beno Udrih at all. So far it doesn't look like it will happen, but do you think the Spurs will be able to find a taker?

Chad Ford: (12:50 PM ET ) I think Indiana is interested though I'm not sure they'll pull off a deal. Seems like all the Spurs want is a little cap relief and a second round pick. Someone will probably make that deal. In fact, I wonder why the Hawks didn't try to get Udrih instead of Johnson.

very good question and i hate chad ford.

Ryan (Pocahontas, AR): Any news on a Mavs trade? I would really hate them messing with their team right now. Agree?

SportsNation Chad Ford: (12:18 PM ET ) They just made the first trade of the day sending Anthony Johnson to the Hawks for the Hawks 2007 second round pick. It's a BLOCKBUSTER folks. Hawks fans you can rest easy ... after passing on Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo and Marcus Williams and overpaying Speedy Claxton ... the Hawks have finally solved their point guard woes.

• Premium Member

Bill (Austin): Chad what are your thoughts on the Hawks getting Anthony Johnson for the Mavs' second round pick for the 07 draft?

Chad Ford: (1:08 PM ET ) From ESPN.com's own Nick Silva, our cap guru: "The Hawks-Mavs trade saved Dallas 2.64M in tax for this year and 5.72M next year (2.86M salary + 2.86M tax) and they got the Hawks pick in the second round which is 37 right now and they gained a 2.64M trade exception."

Once again Billy Knight is helping out one of the best teams in the league. He needs a lifetime achievement award.

Quote:

Quote:

the trade helps solidify our injury istuation but Billy needs to get some balls.

Yes. One Speedy injury would destroy whatever is left of this season. This guarantees that Suns won't have a top 10 pick. Mavericks can think long term.

u'm, the Hawks are currently tied for the 5th worst record in the NBA! Not sure AJ is going to be much better then what we had.

And the Mavs are thinking short term - as in NBA championship this season.

Quote:

Quote:

In fact, I wonder why the Hawks didn't try to get Udrih instead of Johnson.

He is one and we didn't. I'd much rather have Udrih.

W

How do you or Chad Ford know what BK did or didn't do? Oh, my bad, he must have called to tell you that he didn't make a play for Udrih.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

W

How do you or Chad Ford know what BK did or didn't do? Oh, my bad, he must have called to tell you that he didn't make a play for Udrih.

I was wondering this as well.

LOL . . now the board is wanting Beno? You guys are joking right?

What makes any of you think that Beno is better than AJ? I mean, the Spurs brought in JACQUE VAUGHN to take his spot.

Let me say that again . . JACQUE VAUGHN.

And why? Beacuse Beno is GARBAGE as well. And he can't play a lick of defense. And I guess people forgot how Beno completely melted down in the playoffs last year.

So ask yourselves this Squawkers. How does a proven non-scoring PG like JACQUE VAUGHN get 23 minutes last night and Beno gets 1 whole minute of PT, when it was obvious that Tony Parker was hurting.

If Beno is an adequate replacement or an upgrade over anything we have here ( even Ivey ), why can't that man get more PT than friggin JACQUE VAUGHN?

Some of you guys should be on Comedy Central. I think Lascar and the others are right. Some of you just while like spoiled teenagers about EVERYTHING, just because the organization doesn't do what YOU want them to do.

LOL . . if it were up to some of you guys, Luke Ridnhour and Beno Udrih would be our new PGs. uglyhammer.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

W

I'm sorry but it doesn't really matter what he TRIED to do. He's a very highly paid professional, this is his job. All that counts is what he got done. ... not much

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

W

I'm sorry but it doesn't really matter what he TRIED to do. He's a very highly paid professional, this is his job. All that counts is what he got done. ... not much

I agree with this, but I also think that excoriating him for 'not trying' is a different, more foolish argument.

Quote:

I'm a poorly paid professional who negotiates deals every day and one thing I've learned is that you don't say yes to a deal you're not comfortable with just to get it done.

were wanting to obtain a YOUNG point guard who could grow with this team. AJ is a fine backup point guard but he is 33 years old and is not going to mature with this team. Beno would be the perfect low risk/high reward type player. Beno is clearly in Pop's doghouse but he was very acclaimed his rookie year and is still a young player. We may never know if BK tried to obtain Beno and was rejected. But if the rationale for AJ is his vet experience, then we already have two vet point guards with Finals experience.

Quote:

Northcyde...LOL at YOU. Instead of Ridnour, our PG's of the future are a banged up Lue, a banged up (wuss) Speedy, a lousy Ivey, and an old 33 year old Anthony Johnson. So, you laugh at everybody else who wanted a young PG with some panache...and we will all laugh right back at you.

LOL.
uglyhammer.gif

Seattle wants too much for Ridnour. He isn't all that.

In Suns board they were talking about Banks+Atlanta pick....