• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wade out for season-#7&#8 playoff spot open

jerrywest

Another playoff slot opened up in the miserable East.

Now both the 7th and 8th spot are there to take.

Magic without Grant Hill and Heat without Wade are playing terribly. #9 has given up on the season due to a series of injuries.

#10 Knicks and #11(tied) Hawks&Bobcats are playing much better than #7-9.

Looks like its going to be a race at the end of the season.

Hawks just used a band aid at their PG spot. Hope we can get another band aid at Center spot by 3 pm. We got 3 games vs. Shaq. We are lucky we don't have to face Wade for those 3 games.

Best of luck to Wade and I hope he recovers fully.

We have 3 winnable games against injury ravaged Miami. If we can sweep, which isn’t like, but not impossible either, we are only 2 losses behind them. I think we have a much bigger than 5 % chance of making the playoff.

With the AJ trade, the Suns fans should be sad, because it protects us from possible Speedy injury, and just about wipes out any hope of a top 10 pick. Mavericks not only got a 2nd round pick, they saved a lot of luxury tax and prevented Suns from getting a high draft pick.bluegrab.gif

Look at what an Orlado thread started with

Quote:

A true test to see if we can sneak into the top 5 worst records and keep our draft pick!

Detroit, Houston, @Chicago, @Denver, @San Antonio, @Dallas.

I don't see us winning any of those 6 games, so we'll probably be 27-34. If we keep that up maybe we can get some help for Dwight, because it sure isn't going to come during free agency. Read this quote today by Otis from the floridatoday.com

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketba...racked_rib.html

Looks like #7-#9 teams are falling apart. Our chance is getting bigger and bigger.

The Hawks have no shot at the playoffs.

I agree 100 percent, to hard of a scheduel and Mike Woodson is our coach.

We have discussed this before. We have one of the easiest schedule left in the eastern conference. Our March and April games are one of the easiest in the league. February is very tough but we are doing remarkably well so far (3-3). In the east only Bucks, Bobcats and 76ers have an easier schedule left. Do your research. Magic have one the hardest schedule left. Check last weeks threads for details.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nba0607.htm

I don't like Woody but it looks like he has improved recently.

I know most people are ambivalent or furious about the AJ trade. This trade has no long term future. + or -. However this trade may be an important piece and one day we may look back at this trade as the one that helped us sneak into the playoffs. I'd love Bibby or Luke but looks like a lot of teams wanted them but the asking price were too high. I also wish we had Magliore. He would have been perfect. I know that he has a lot of issues with Zaza. I wonder if that became an issue in any possible trade plans.

With Wade/Kidd/Hill injuries and 3 games left with Wadeless Miami, we are in a great position to sneak in. Having a PG that is capable of playing 30+ minutes without hobbling, may take us a long way towards that goal.

I already expected Orlando to fall out of the playoffs(their schedule gets tough) and New York replacing them at the 8th seed. Now I think New York may end up 7th, allowing the battle for 8th to be fought by Miami (they still have Shaq), New Jersey (doubt it), Orlando (again tough schedule and erratic play) or Atlanta (we NEED to win at home).

Quote:

I already expected Orlando to fall out of the playoffs(their schedule gets tough) and New York replacing them at the 8th seed. Now I think New York may end up 7th, allowing the battle for 8th to be fought by Miami (they still have Shaq), New Jersey (doubt it), Orlando (again tough schedule and erratic play) or Atlanta (we NEED to win at home).

Why do you think NY is so much better team than us?

Quote:

Quote:

Mainly because of the skill level and depth on their team. Say what you want about almost all of their players, but they definitely have skills. Plus, Isiah's got them playing at a high level and their having fun. I am a bit surprised that they didn't move Francis, but that's a different story.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mainly because of the skill level and depth on their team. Say what you want about almost all of their players, but they definitely have skills. Plus, Isiah's got them playing at a high level and their having fun. I am a bit surprised that they didn't move Francis, but that's a different story.

Yes. If they could move Francis for an effective piece, they could have been in great shape for playoff race. I wonder if they'll buy out Francis, and where Francis will go if they do.

OMG Wade is out for the season????

You know I started to come on here and ask if we could gain ground on them depending on if he missed a few games or not, but for the WHOLE SEASON??

I mean I don't wan to say that's great news.

But man that really helps the Hawks.

No wonder we are still only 5 games out even after those two losses in a row.

Wow we really do have a decent shot at making the playoffs.

But we can't lose the rest of our games in February.

We need to pull within a game or two of the 8th spot.

BTW, how long is Jason Kidd out??