• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Knight REALLY helped the Mavs...not the Hawks

TexasPete

Quote:

How is he not tradeable? An expiring contract for a useful (but limited) team oriented veteran player who would fit into any team concept? AJ wouldn't get you a first round pick or anything but both he and Lue will be tradeable next season.

I was trying to figure out if that was sarcasm or not. He is highly tradeable. He is in the same class of backup PGs as guys like Snow and Damon Jones (combined 10 mil this year in cleveland), Chucky Atkins and Damon Stoudamire (combined 7 mil this year), Marko Jaric and Troy Hudson (combined 11 mil this year), Bobby Jackson (5+mil this year), and the list goes on.

AJ at 2.5 mil is easily tradeable.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

If Dallas couldn't get a first rounder for him at 33 why would we get a first rounder for him at 34?
juggle.gif

You're right, there was no one else out there interested in AJ.

BK is the Antichrist of the Hawks organization!

Quote:

If Dallas couldn't get a first rounder for him at 33 why would we get a first rounder for him at 34?
juggle.gif

Who said anything about a first rounder? I said he was highly tradable. If we don't want him, we can trade him for a 2nd rounder any day of the week. It's not like this deal locked us into an albatross contract that we can't get rid of. Veteran PG's with small contracts are easy to trade. We gave up virtually nothing to get him, and we could trade him (for virtually nothing) any time if we want to.

• Moderators

Quote:

juggle.gif

Quote:

AJ wouldn't get you a first round pick or anything but both he and Lue will be tradeable next season.

If I had a dollar for every viable player or all-star caliber one that BK, Babs, or Kasten missed out on over the last quarter-century, my student loans would be paid with interest. My $64K question of the week isn't why but when; when are we going to get someone competent in the front office to run things? If any of you went to the basketball reference website to see the list of guys the Hawks could have had and passed over, it would absolutely sicken you.

It appears as if every first round pick with Babs and now, BK, is an episode of Def Comedy Jam in the making as far as the rest of the basketball world is concerned. How many times have we seen David Stern almost double over with laughter before revealing another Hawks bust..err...pick? With the exception of Smith, is there another pick of BK's that folks here wouldn't be debating for the next several hours? Uhhh, nope. Outside of the JJ trade, what other trade or free agent deal BK's made to actually improve the team (and no, purging salaries to tank don't count, especially when Sura and Co. decides to play hard and cost you a shot at Howard or Okafor)?

I know there's a ton of negativity on this board and folks are attempting to take the high road and stay optimistic. But let's call it like it is. This is a rudderless ship with a fractured ownership group who spends more time in court than over their product, an arrogant and incompetent GM who's built as many playoff teams here and in Vancouver as I have, and an assistant coach who's over his head as the head guy. For all of this 'rebuilding' this team still only have three real players on the entire roster (JJ, Smith, and, okay, I'll give you Childress). The rest are career backups (AJ, Lue, Wright, Claxton, Zaza), shouldn't be getting an NBA check (Ivey, Richardson), or don't know what they are or if they'll ever be what they want to be (both Williamses). Utah and Orlando were in the same position our team was only a couple of years ago; now both of those teams are in playoff position (Utah's about to win the division), while we're talking about Indy's pick and it's not even March yet.

Even Wikipedia mentions that this franchise holds the longest streak of not drafting an All-Star or Pro Bowler of any team in pro sports; shouldn't that tell you something regarding the sort of direction this organization has been under?

Quote:

Quote:

juggle.gif

Who said anything about a first rounder? I said he was highly tradable. If we don't want him, we can trade him for a 2nd rounder any day of the week. It's not like this deal locked us into an albatross contract that we can't get rid of. Veteran PG's with small contracts are easy to trade. We gave up virtually nothing to get him, and we could trade him (for virtually nothing) any time if we want to.

Lascar, crappy old players are never easy to trade, even with "small" contracts. Think we could get anybody to trade us a ham sandwich for Lo Wright?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

juggle.gif

Lascar, crappy old players are never easy to trade, even with "small" contracts. Think we could get anybody to trade us a ham sandwich for Lo Wright?

If we make that deal that means more minutes for Zaza. I'll pass on the ham sandwich.

However if we ask for a box of Krispy Kremes i might consider it.

Quote:

Josh Smith will most likely end up being an allstar we drafted. Possibly as soon as next season.
ooo.gif

And in two seasons he will be a top 3 player at the 4 spot in the league.

Actually with his athleticism depending on his drive, he could be the best in the league.

People keep hating on BK but when Smith and Marvin blossom in 2 years and we are annual playoff contenders with one of the youngest teams in the league, you'll see BK was ahead of his time with drafting the long, athletic, interchangeable pieces on this team.