• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Good move by Hawks.

Diesel

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Remember BK stated in the press that we would not make a short term fix. AJ is long term????

Wasn't his comment that we wouldn't sacrifice the long term for a short term fix? I am pretty sure he would argue that a second round pick is not putting the long term future at risk.

Well this move makes it painfully obvious that this franchise cannot make a decent trade. Many can question the draft picks, etc and hindsight is 20/20.

I honestly believe until the ownership thing is solved and ASG is NOT the answer, we will continue to swim in the pits of the NBA standings year after year!

Personally, I think all the hand-wringing over this pick is more frustration with moves not made than with the move actually made. I know that is my frustration. If we dealt Marvin, Shelden, Salim and filler for Gasol no one would have a negative thing to say about this deal, IMO.

Agreed.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Law/James/Brown/Steele/Brooks/Gordon/Singletary

Law and James are going in the first round... The others make me say in my loud voice: WHO??? None of those guys will be better than Spoonie Penn or Cookie Belcher...

Quote:

Another thing, we now have $12 MILLION dollars invested in pg's for next year, and NONE of them are even AVERAGE! For that reason alone, it seriously makes me doubt that BK will select a pg.

And??? The money that we have invested in the PG position is not my concern. My concern is the level of play we get from the team.

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I hope AJ comes in here and does great, and we make a playoff run, but I just don't see how it really helps us that much now, and especially not in the future. Speedy at 75% is better than AJ.

That's exactly the problem. Speedy is not 100%... and his shooting hasn't come along. We are so young that getting a veteran PG will be good for us... Moreover, he's great insurance in case Speedy does go down again.

AJ is better than 2 Iveys and a Salim.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Law and James are going in the first round... The others make me say in my loud voice: WHO??? None of those guys will be better than Spoonie Penn or Cookie Belcher...

I guarantee 3 of those have a better career than AJ, 5.8 ppg and 2.8 apg for a career isn't hard to top.

Quote:

Quote:

Another thing, we now have $12 MILLION dollars invested in pg's for next year, and NONE of them are even AVERAGE! For that reason alone, it seriously makes me doubt that BK will select a pg.

And??? The money that we have invested in the PG position is not my concern.

WHY?? None of them are even ADEQUATE!! I can't wait until BK selects a 6'9 player then starts going on about how we didn't need a PG because we already had 4, who are tieing up 12+ million on the salary cap.

Quote:

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I hope AJ comes in here and does great, and we make a playoff run, but I just don't see how it really helps us that much now, and especially not in the future. Speedy at 75% is better than AJ.

That's exactly the problem. Speedy is not 100%... and his shooting hasn't come along. We are so young that getting a veteran PG will be good for us... Moreover, he's great insurance in case Speedy does go down again. AJ is better than 2 Iveys and a Salim.

He is averaging 3 ppg on the season man, he is not that great, and he's not going to make much of a difference.

Veteran PG? What are Lue and Claxton? Did we really need another who is WORSE? Both Lue and Claxton have both put up better numbers than AJ did in his CAREER year.

I agree with the Mullin statement that we acquired him to trade to someone else, not to expect him to come in and run this team.

& he cost us $3 mil in cap space bring us down the the all important MLE-level which preculsdes us from outbidding a team for someone's services, it cost us a VERY high 2nd rder, and it cost us respect (as this move is an insult to the fans, JJ himself, and further demonstrates we are a laughing stock).

Whoopee! I guess that's whinning if you don't know [censored] about basketball and the business.

W

yes im sure JJ will see ANY veteran PG as making us a 'laughing stock' Walter russian.gif

and im sure AJ prevented us from teh upcoming Kobe trade this summer lol uglyhammer.gif

only on Hawksquawk is trading a second rounder equal to nuclear armageddon pillepalle.gif

We should be ashamed next to all the amazing trades other teams pulled off at the deadline...wait no one else did squat...GUESS THE WHOLE NBA SUCKS EH WALTER!

WOW!

good luck with your hate

Go Hawks!

Anthony Johnson gives the Hawks a healthy point guard that plays very good defense. It allows them to control Speedy's and Ty Lue's minutes to keep them healthy for the stretch run. I like the move because Billy didn't ignore defense when making this move. Like I said in another post, most of the so called fans on this website was wanting Luke Ridnour. Luke Ridnour doesn't help the Hawks defensively in the least though.

A lot of them are pissed that the Hawks didn't try to trade for Pau Gasol, another non-defense playing player.