• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

So Walter, big talker ... where ya at?

Admin

You were talking all kinds of trash about the AJ trade and I tried to tell you that he would make us a better team and IN HIS FIRST GAME he made a major difference. He pushed the tempo, added another dynamic to this offense with being able to back down the opposing PG, played pretty good defense, and was definitely in charge out there. No we didnt win the game, but without AJ we would have lost by a lot more.

We now have 4 back up PG's. If the Hawks think we solved our woes with a 33 year old journeyman...think again. And despite what some think, AJ was hardly free. We will end up witha pick in the mid 30's ina deep draft.

If AJ does well then that is great...but lets not go crazy and not address the PG position in the off season. Of course, BK probably won't do a damn thing.

• Premium Member

Against Phx you have WAY more offensive possessions, thus creating many more scoring opportunities. There is a reason they give up 103+ ppg, about 5th worst in the league.

Steve Nash is also probably the easiest post up in the league.

Quote:

Against Phx you have WAY more offensive possessions, thus creating many more scoring opportunities. There is a reason they give up 103+ ppg, about 5th worst in the league.

Steve Nash is also probably the easiest post up in the league.

Just because a team plays at a fast pace doesn't mean they are poor defensively.

And Nash is 6'3", 195. He isn't even remotely the easiest post up in the league.

Quote:

So they are an efficient defensive team, they still give up 103 ppg, which means there is still more scoring on them than most teams.

I can't believe you are trying to downplay the game AJ played tonight. He has been riding the pine all year in Dallas and should be very rusty. Yet he put up 17 pts (7-12)

with 5 assists and only 1 turnover.

That is a strong game regardless of who it is against.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I can't believe you are trying to downplay the game AJ played tonight. He has been riding the pine all year in Dallas and should be very rusty. Yet he put up 17 pts (7-12)

with 5 assists and only 1 turnover.

That is a strong game regardless of who it is against.

AJ played a good game and I give him credit for that. I'm just saying it's only one game, and someone going off on the Suns is nothing new. Let's hope he keeps it up.

I expect even more. The guy is NOW getting PT, He will learn our players and system (?) better, He will be in better game shape. Right now he is a better defender than Lue, better passer than any other guard, better shooter than Speedy or Royal (post and the field)

Elementarily AJ is an upgrade.

twocents.gif

Quote:

So do we start him against Dallas?

How awesome would it be if we could steal one from his former team as he leads the way?

Definitely not likely though.

This being a back to back game coming off a team like Phoenix and playing the best team in the NBA, I don't think I've ever seen such poor chances to win a game.

It would take a MIRACLE to win tomorrow because of all those factors against us.