• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I am torn b/t pulling for the win vs. tanking.

bumpyphish1

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I won't regret
not
losing Josh Smith, and JJ asking to be traded

You think JJ liked the move for AJ. He called for Gasol. That's one very clear sign that JJ ain't a happy camper. He's not one to speak up, but it looks like he's brewing.

W

Are you trying to say that JJ or Smith would have supported tanking only 30 games into the season, with 50 games to go? I know how you say management tanks, not players, but they would realize what was going on after about 5 games when they are only playing 30 mpg. Regardless, they would either agree or not agree with tanking, and I seriously DOUBT they would agree with 50 games to go.

And no, it wasn't a smart move trading for AJ. But it's not like we won't have the opportunity to get Gasol in the offseason (not that I see BK or our ownership doing it anyway).

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. I do think, however, that if you adopted Walter's tanking plan that they would still win too many to finish in the bottom 2 and likely bottom 4.

We would have been the 1st to "tank" and while more talented than most teams tanking (maybe not Boston with their similar youth, but we'll see) we could easily adopt an effective tanking strategy. We would have had the 3rd or 4th worst record with proper, but not overly excessive tanking (like holding out JS).

I agree we could not tank to the extent that Memphis and Boston are able without simply sitting JJ entirely which I would not be for. After their respective 14 and 15 current wins (recall we won just 13 two years ago, the losers this year aren't THAT bad) Philly and Milwaulkee have 19 and 21. We have 22 despite an 8-7 streak. That 8-7 streak could have been shut down before it ever started. Likely half those wins made loses. We'd have 18 wins now. That's certainly on pace for a 3rd, 4th worst record amongst this year's tankers.

Agreed. But as I said, we would win too many down the stretch as our schedule gets easier. Given that reality, I would rather just go for it and let the chips fall where they may.

Quote:

...They have won 12 of their last 13 at home.

I think most folks who watched the whole game last night would agree that NOK is superior to us right now...primarily because they have athletic bigs who can overpower us and our only answer is Josh going off in spurts to keep it close.

Heck we shoot over 50% and still can't win.

Zaza and Lo are seriously exposed against teams like NOK.

Quote:

you're right, exodus, you prick.

how is that for another bump a$$-clown?

Just the type of witty response i expect from you.

You bumped this thread for one of two reasons:

1) because you really believe that losing to a team that has won 12 of 13 at home is a sign of tanking.

2) because you wanted to bump your own thread.

Either reason is pretty lame, as are your childish insults. But i guess making a coherent argument is probably beyond your abilities.

I don't understand why some of you are so torn.

The pros of making a playoff push overwhelmingly outweight the cons.

If we tank we can end up giving Phoenix a high draft pick

Giving Josh Smith incentive to go elsewhere when his contract is up

Give Marvin and Josh Childress incentive not to stay

Have nothing to build off of next year.

If we do tank

There is an absurdly low possbility we end up with the 1at pick in the draft where we could draft the only person who really matters and that's Greg Oden.

Why you people would risk such miniscual odds when the consequences are dire if those odds don't go our way is beyond me.

There is nothing wrong with being a fringe playoff team this year.

You can't just go from cellar to 1st place. There is an in between stage. Right now we are there. I predicted we'd be a 35 win team this year and an above .500 team next year.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that at all. We are still the youngest team in the league. What's the friggin rush?

Joe Johnson isn't getting old. Only person that is is Lorenzen Wright and he's so replaceable it's not even funny.

Quote:

Please don't get this started again, we are not tanking.

fuckoff.gif

Sure we are. No real trades. And Woody hasn't been fired yet. They can't be too obvious or the head office would be on them. So you just let Woody do his thing.