• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Here are the Shelden excuses for today

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

GSUteke...the "Woody doghouse" applies to a player Woody pushed for given the need for defensive intensity.

Diesel...Woody is asking SW to have the BBIQ of an "old pro"

Diesel...Woody plays SW too erratically.

JohnnyBravo...no defense, just calm down...."his post defense is way better than marginal" (I feel alot better now).

Let's break this down. Not the arguments but the argu-ERS. Each one of you guys supported the SW draft decision. Not one of you guys has admitted being wrong or admitting a substantial error. These might just be the lamest excuses I've ever seen. Not for the most NBA-ready prospect, a 5th overall pick who got his 20 MPG consistently early but played poorly, who was desired by the very coach who put him in the "doghouse" (snicker) a half season later, and who cøuldn't block an NBA shot with his forehead.

No, these are the lamest excuses for for you guys being so wrong and so shamefully unwilling to admit just how mistaken you were.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

You need help. You're taking joy in a player struggling who is a part of "your team." Get a life.

I'm taking joy in the fact that a position too many here caught grief for REMAINS the correct one, that GSUteke and Diesel are a bunch of shameful, excuse-making hypocrites, and anything that helps to get BK fired before he screws up the franchise any worse.

W

Quote:

You need help. You're taking joy in a player struggling who is a part of "your team." Get a life.

Being correct is more important than being happy.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

...we would be happy.

I'm not sure it's better to be ignorant and happy than the other way around but I will say our management has been ignorant and we're not happy. That's 0-2.

W

Quote:

Quote:

I know, right? When I get together with my buddies, I love impressing them with stories of how I told all those suckers on the internet what's up.

Works on chicks, too!

Guest Walter

Quote:

I know, right? When I get together with my buddies, I love impressing them with stories of how I told all those suckers on the internet what's up.

Works on chicks, too!

...being wrong and telling all those suckers on the internet what's up. How does that work for you?

splat.gif

W

Quote:

Quote:

Works on chicks, too!

...being wrong and telling all those suckers on the internet what's up. How does that work for you?

splat.gif

W

I am never wrong. My knowledge killed god.

I hope Shelden improves (yes he's still an NBA rookie)...and maybe more importantly for him...finds a better situation.

As a Hawks fan I have to step back and look at the team and coaching and the management and say (regardless of potential) - we are what our record says we are.

Personally I think the quickest way to improve would be to replace the coach/GM and bring in people without ego-attachments to players who will make some moves.

Who wouldn't reverse the Speedy deal right now if they could?

Even with that we will have to get lucky to overcome earlier mistakes and our Speedy contract (which we will likely take to the grave). ashamed.gif

Demolition is easy compared to rebuilding...

Guest Walter

Quote:

I am never wrong. My knowledge killed god.

So quit supporting BK and his "knowledge" that you faithfully adhere to like a zealot. Grow some balls here and quit attacking people because the GM you support and yourself haven't gotten a d@mn thing right.

I don't care if you personally attack me. It's ALL YOU'VE GOT in your toolbox. Not one, single fact to support your claim or defend your position.

W

Guest Walter

...take to the grave along with Speedy's contract.

Quote:

Demolition is easy compared to rebuilding...

Even I supported BK's painful demolition and small returns for players like JT. I knew BK was in over his head for certain with the MW pick. Rebuilding ain't easy, but BK makes it look like it takes a rocket scientist.

W

Quote:

How much of that is the difference of Milsap versus Shelden....and how much of that is Jerry Sloan Versus Woody?

Sloan has a real system that gets his players involved and will probably be coach of the year. Woody...well Woody's Woody.

Very true. But watch both of them run the floor for a layup. End of story. Shelden is about as unathletic as they get. Last time I checked, basketball was an athletic thing. Solomon Jones is twice the player Shelden is. He should be playing. They don't want to make themselves look bad though. Or, Woody is just about the biggest idiot to ever be handed a clipboard. Yeah, that's probably it.

• Premium Member

I think we can all agree Shellhead is pretty unathletic for someone his size.

I do think it would be very interesting to see what a real head coach would do with this same roster as opposed to Woody. I think its obvious that Woodson is just a good assistant coach and nothing more.

• Moderators

Quote:

Duke doesn't tend to retire the numbers of stiffs. You act as if he has a 20 inch vertical or something.

They do retire the numbers of NBA busts, though.

See d*ck Groat (3rd overall), Art Heyman (1st overall), Danny Ferry (1st overall) and you can extend that to guys who were OK but dissappoiting for where they were drafted or who were subpar in a brief time and then injured themselves like Laettner, Hurley, and Jay Williams.

That is half of the retired numbers at Duke before you get to the numbers 12 and 13 in Shelden and JJ who aren't off to good starts in the NBA.