• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Here are the Shelden excuses for today

Guest Walter

• Moderators

Quote:

I am going to disagree about Laettner. He was an above avg center for us. He couldn't help it if he could get us pass a 23 year old Shaq.

That was his career highlight. Most of his years with the Timberwolves and elsewhere were epitomized by dissappointing play and a bad attitude.

At this moment in time Shelden is a bust. Didn't you expect the 5th pick to be playing at this point? He was handed minutes early but no longer because his man toasts him off the dribble. How many other top 8 picks aren't playing at all? How many teams need help as much as the Hawks in the frontcourt? If this guy can't even get on the floor for 15 to 20 minutes...he is a bust right now. He is also supposed to be ready. Not.

Look, he may develop into something serviceable down the road but right now he is a bust. He fits the definition to a tee. 17/8 numbers at Duke don't translate into 17/8 numbers in a mans league. SW is not capable of averaging 17ppg EVER. He doesn't have the tools.

If Shelden is not a bust...there is no such thing. Find ONE player in the top 8 doing worse. ONE. You can't do it. Another great promised pick by your illustrious GM Billy "trust me I'm good" Knight.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Find ONE player in the top 8 doing worse. ONE. You can't do it.

Tyrus Thomas has been pretty bad. I watched him a couple of times where i just busted out laughing at something he did because it was so bad.

You can also make a case for Adam Morrison. He has gotten consistent minutes and has been consistently aweful.

Shelden's PER is 34% higher than Morrison's.

I agree that Shelden has to be considered a dissappointment for what he has done in his limited time so far. Too early for a definitive judgment, but not good on the early returns.