• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

So we gave up cap room to get AJ????

CBAreject

Guest Walter

Quote:

It's like "The Emperor's New Clothes". The team is obviously dead, but if you say so, you're brandished a "non-fan".

Most are scared into cheering over the franchise-wrecking AJ trade. They fear being called out for anti-fandom should they even question this horrendous cap-killing, lottery-spoiling trade, which won't give us even a shot at the playoffs.

(robot voice)

They're all so eager to please some Orwellian standard of fan-hood they submit their will to BK or the coorporate line. How many times have we all heard, "I didn't like the pick, but I support BK's decision". Unless you guys are impossibly beautiful (as were the stepford wives) how could anyone want you?

What's worse is they are so corporate, BK, and/or "the future looks good...if we don't look at it close enough, stay the course" fanatics that they use the "ignore" function, not as intended but rather to BOAST about how much of a "real" fan they are. JerryWest tags, "I ignored Troy and Walter...". Now THAT'S fandom! Only a real fan would "ignore" those that disagree with the corporate line and wear it like a badge of "I want to remain ignorant" honor.

Let me try my hand at it...

"I didn't like the AJ trade, but I support it. Thankfully we had his stat line tonight rather than his $3 million in cap space this offseason. Without his 0 points in 7 minutes we would have lost the game by 20. I'm glad I'm a real Hawk fan who appreciates such things. With the added $3 million in cap space this offseason we would have signed Billups who would have immediately broken both legs with a hammer. I'm glad I'm a real Hawk fan who appreciates such things. In fact, I'm going to ignore CBAreject because he's not a real hawk fan enough and I'm going to make sure everyone knows about it so that I get the real Hawk fan credit reserved for those who block out all opinions that do not end with "...but I support it". Other hawk fans will see me as an exemplar of hawk fan-ness.

Hey, that does work. I feel like a real Hawk fan now. More self assured, more likable because the more I whole-heartedly love my team's mistakes the more of a real fan I become. You tankers and dissenters are all "ignored". I don't want my new found real hawk fan-ness threatened with volitale ideas contrary to the corporate line. Take that and throw in a

Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

NOW, I'm a real hawk fan to reckon with.

W

Quote:

I don't want my new found real hawk fan-ness threatened with volitale ideas contrary to the corporate line. Take that and throw in a

Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

NOW, I'm a real hawk fan to reckon with.

Oh that's good stuff. I laugh because it's true. I cry for the same reason.

Funny how talking about the one chance this franchise still has is equated to beating a dead horse. It's as if they're saying "no, no...this franchise has no chance at all, so why even talk about it? it's like beating a dead horse."

I don't know why 50/50 is a dead horse (lost cause). Seems like the lost cause is stockpiling mediocre bench players with big contracts.

Quote:

Yeah, let's set up a strawman just like Lascar always likes to do. Let's pretend what CBA wants to do is "draft some 6'8" player out of high school" instead of going with solid, proven vets. That will make him seem stupid so others will accept our point.

So dumb, and you know it. We're not talking about Marvin Williams vs. Andre Miller. We're talking about Greg Oden vs. Anthony Johnson.

AJ is NO KIND OF FUTURE for this franchise. You know it. You just don't want to admit it to yourself.

You may want to invest in a sense of humor.

-AJ did not cost us Chauncey Billups.

-AJ did not cost us Greg Oden.

-No one said AJ is the future of the franchise.

-No one said you want to draft some 6'8" player out of high school (not to mention you can't come out of high school anymore).

• Premium Member

Quote:

-No one said you want to draft some 6'8" player out of high school (not to mention you can't come out of high school anymore).

Yeah. I was wondering where did that come from too. I guess it was just another one of those opportunity for Walter and Reject to play Tank tennis using the forum as their table.

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah. I was wondering where did that come from too. I guess it was just another one of those opportunity for Walter and Reject to play Tank tennis using the forum as their table.

OK, that made me laugh. Good one!