• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks at Wizards thread

DJlaysitup

I didn't notice what happened on the defensive end - Caron Butler only got 4 pts (1 for 10 shooting). Was that good defense or just rusty shooting after being out for a few games?

Our three PGs combined for TWO POINTS !!! WTF

Quote:

We definitely have the talent to beat them, but we always seem to have a tough time finishing Washington off. I think the key to the game is down low.
Can our soft big men play tough enough?

I hated the thought of Zaza/Lo at center last summer, have hated watching them this year and hated them even more in person tonight. What a disgrace. They don't seem to understand the concept of boxing out. Zaza is under the delusion that he is the number one option on offense. He shot 2-6 with 4 turonvers and no defense. Wright was just a joke.

Finally Woody grew a pair and benched Zaza/Blo for the entire fourth quarter. Of course the Hawks came back. If it wasn't for some dumb turnovers they would have won.

What a game for Smith. Sure he can be careless with the ball sometimes and force passes leading to turnovers, but man he was impressive. 24/14 with 7 blocks. He was the leading scorer in the game as well as the leading rebounder. And he blocked more shots than the entire Wizards team.

Marvin is stepping up his scoring. Sure he can be clumsy with the ball and still can't finish worth a crap inside, but he did get 21/6 on 50% shooting.

But our holes are too big to overcome most nights. The pgs were a combined 1-10 and the centers sucked ass. Hence, another loss.

The crowd was pretty big and it got very loud at the end. I was impressed. I just wish we could have won so i could have left the arena with my jacket off in my Josh Smith jersey and laughed at everyone.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Walter, are you cheering for the Hawks to win now?

Say it ain't so. We are 1 win away from 3rd worst and a roughly 50/50 shot at keeping a pick in the top 3.

I continue to cheer for the franchise, not this particular year's team.

W