• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Despite the loss, I'd like to state the obvious:

ATL_BALLER

Smoove is SO impressive! We have an absolute game-changing beast on our hands. 24, 14, and 7 blocks - are you kidding? Show me another player in the league with his skillset (AK-47 -psssh).

Our playoffs hopes have all but diminshed, but watching him swat that sh*t out and fly back up the court for an effortless dunk or an ever-improving jumper - it gives me hope for future success.

In my estimation, we're one stud away. I know - it's a big piece to fill, but do we have some attractive assets. Now if BK will only grow the balls to get it done.

That's exactly why we need to TANK...get JS off the floor as much as possible - he is the "anti-tank-weapon" as Diesel said before. Rest JJ and somehow prevent JS from taking over the game and winning it all by himself and we are right there. Milwaukee can't lose em all. TANK.

Quote:

....fly back up the court for an effortless dunk or an ever-improving jumper - it gives me hope for future success.

Well guess what A-Baller...those weren't "effortless"....no my boy...they took a lot of EFFORT....more than the other MFers were putting out.

You want to run the court - well guess what - you gotta DO IT. JS is far more advanced.

Quote:

Smoove is SO impressive! We have an absolute game-changing beast on our hands. 24, 14, and 7 blocks - are you kidding? Show me another player in the league with his skillset (AK-47 -psssh).

Our playoffs hopes have all but diminshed, but watching him swat that sh*t out and fly back up the court for an effortless dunk or an ever-improving jumper - it gives me hope for future success.

In my estimation, we're one stud away. I know - it's a big piece to fill, but do we have some attractive assets. Now if BK will only grow the balls to get it done.

Nothing matters if you continue to lose every year.

I am deadly serious. We should be trying to resign Smith to an extension as soon as permittable. If he keeps playing in this matter he will be moving toward max type money. IMO, he is just as much a cornerstone to this team as JJ and we need to treat him as such. Last night's fourth quarter was just an example of what is to come. Without JSmoove we would not even be in a position to win at the end. While we are still in serious need of a legit big center and a true young point, we need Smith to stick around here even more.

tanking is ridiculous...if this team loses a lot and doesnt end on some type of bright spot, their motivation and confidence for next year can be shot....

you have them get better and win some games at the end, and they'll work their butts off in the offseason and come out swinging next year..

unless we get EXTREMELY lucky with the Indy pick, we are not getting oden or durant so might as well get over it.

Quote:

I am deadly serious. We should be trying to resign Smith to an extension as soon as permittable. If he keeps playing in this matter he will be moving toward max type money. IMO, he is just as much a cornerstone to this team as JJ and we need to treat him as such. Last night's fourth quarter was just an example of what is to come. Without JSmoove we would not even be in a position to win at the end. While we are still in serious need of a legit big center and a true young point, we need Smith to stick around here even more.

Totally agree about re-signing Smoove. Would demonstrate a commitment to the team. He's young and would likely sign for less now than in a year. He will be close to an all star next year.

No sense in signing him to a long term extension now. We can always get that done sometime during the season next year.

The quesiton with Smoove becomes this:

(1) does he sign a standard 5 or 6 year deal that will guarantee that he's a Hawk for a long time . .

or (2) does he go the rout that Melo, Wade, and LeBron all went, and sign a big money 3 year extension, so that he can weigh his options at the end of the deal?

Guest Walter

Does the ownership trouble 4-year contract limit restrict us also when trying to sign our own FAs? If so we're in some SERIOUS trouble negotiating anything.

Regardless, I think it's going to be harder to sign JS than people think. If you guys don't think the players realize how flawed the team and helpless management is think again, particularly the veteran players. He may be a hometowner but he's be smart to shop himself around and see what, if any better situation presents itself. He can always force a sign and trade.

W

• Premium Member

... we need to start negotiating with him ASAP, he's definitely getting close to max territory right now. Some1 will clear cap and throw a huge offer at him. I completely forgot about the 4-year thing, man I hope this gets solved in the hearing this month.

Guest Walter

Quote:

... we need to start negotiating with him ASAP, he's definitely getting close to max territory right now. Some1 will clear cap and throw a huge offer at him. I completely forgot about the 4-year thing, man I hope this gets solved in the hearing this month.

...is 3-6 months. It's going to be hard to negotiate with JS in good faith if we stand pat this offseason. No player wouldn't balk at resigning if we can't get our act together.

W