• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

BK's biggest Mistake.

Diesel

Quote:

Yea, BK kept calling Walker a "winner" and a "leader"...the whole time I kept thinking bullsh*t. But also in that year Walker shot .415 from the field and .534 from the line along with 3.5 turnovers a game. It was the perfect example of a mediocre player putting up stats on a bad team.

I hated Walker and thought the trade was idiotic. I was sooooo glad when Walker got traded.

Compare how JT is doing now with how Walker is doing. banghead.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

Chris Paul = ROY

2nd year Allstar.

Best PG in the NBA over the next 10 years....

and ALL Atlanta got was this clumsy Sf.

really.gif

Brandon Roy = ROY

10 year star in this league

...and ALL Atlanta got was a 2nd rder worth role player.

Gotta acknowledge both FAILURES.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

If you don't believe that a team with 2, Sfs and no dominant center is not at a significant handicap then simply post the list of final's teams which are similar.

If you don't believe that JS and MW are Sfs despite their size dictating and their games demanding such, then prove it.

If you don't like the poll, don't vote.

And yes, how you phrase a poll is telling, but I don't think anyone here doesn't see through it. I just want people to realize NOBODY has credibly demonstrated that this 2, Sf, hybrid Pf/C prospect has EVER worked, PERIOD. The belief that it will is in contrast with ALL EVIDENCE. Yet, the unreasonable seem to prevail in this oddly biased website.

Quote:

Walter

Starter

Reged: 06/09/02

Thank You! [Re: LastDon]

#132914 - 04/15/06 07:45 PM

Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

Quote:

I love Smooth but I'm just appalled that people on this board believe the kid has a future at powerforward. In order for him to be effective at this position we will have to add about 3 inches and 40 pounds/

It makes no sense. If Marvin weren't here very few would want to see Smoove as a Pf. If Marvin and Chill weren't here, NOBODY would want to see him as a Pf. Not one person! It's people trying to find the good in our F'ed up roster. While I can appreciate the "glass half full" mindset, I think we would be better served by pouring that half full glass (trade MW) into this draft and selecting a Pf.

Quote:

Quote:

I think Smoove has more value than both, but I don't think there is a person here (myself included) who wants to even consider trading him.

Trade the most valuable, redundant asset, the player that most helps the team and least hurts the team by trading him.
While JS and MW are both Sfs
, JS is not the most redudant asset as he has been consistently 25% better than MW and appears to have that something special above being just a decent player.

W

I can't believe you were dumb enough to think that I couldn't find quote after quote of you proclaiming Smoove to be a Sf. That's independent of a 2-way Center. In fact, the need for a 2-way Center is because you thought he was a Sf.

You can't keep pulling these KBs.... One day saying "He's a Sf" the next saying "I thought he was a PF"....

Josh Smith is a 3. If you want to win. He can play the 4 but I think his true position is the 3. In the future I think he will be able to play the 2 at times. Or a 3 that is like a 2. He is going to be a great entry passer from the wing, and his shot is solid. It will get better.

No one is talking about the Woody component. It is a huge one. How can we evaluate the picks, when we have what many of us consider to be the worst coach in recent memory? He has our guys all out of place, all the time. I think both Marvin and Shelden would look a lot better playing in a system. You know, basketball. Solomon too.

Keeping Woody is the worst move BK has made. Enough is enough. The team isn't this bad. It's Woody.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I can't believe you were dumb enough to think that I couldn't find quote after quote of you proclaiming Smoove to be a Sf. That's independent of a 2-way Center. In fact, the need for a 2-way Center is because you thought he was a Sf.

You didn't have to look for me proclaiming JS a Sf as I did it in this very thread as I have EVERY SINGLE OTHER THREAD that had to do with this topic. Hell, read the post you responded to, I said this...

Quote:

"how does arguing for a 2-Sf starting lineup with a legit Center (suggesting I thought Smoove is a Sf) go against me thinking he's not a Pf? Hmm, "2-Sf lineup" with JS means I "think Smoove is a Pf"? WHAT IN HELL ARE YOU SMOKING?"

Hell, the title of my post was still the title of yours. You couldn't have missed it! You're either just too dumb torealize it or playing dumb. Which one isn't? Goober or possum?

uglyhammer.gif

The point wasn't whether I think JS is a Sf, it's whether I thought we NEEDED a Pf. I have consistently, clearly stated we don't need a traditional lineup, one with a Pf, I-F we have a legit, potentially dominant center who does not conceed the post (with a 2-Sf lineup). I've even said I prefer a nontraditional, 2-Sf starting lineup with MW and JS (and a legit C...) if we couldn't get MW's value at another position of need.

Regardless of all this, if we "needed" a Pf, I wouldn't have endorsed spending a 5th pick on Shelden [censored] Williams! We have other, more significant needs than that anyhow! Center was FAR more pressing than Pf. So was Pg. So was TALENT! Get that through your flip/flopping head Mr. Bush.

W

Quote:

Hey guys, isn't this kind of silly arguing over which was Billy stupidest move (and the list doesn't even include some bad trades)? The point is that Billy is an INCOMPETENT FAILURE !!! We can all pick different reasons to agree - but the solution is the same ... fire him NOW. Before he can taint the next draft.

(I can just see him offering a five year contract to Scotty Pippen to give us some vetern experience.)

The basketball gods hate Atlanta.

You hit the nail on the head.

In my mind BK's 3 worst moves are:

1. Marvin over Paul/Deron

2. Sheldon over Roy

3. Woody over anybody else as coach

You guys do realize that BK has an absolutely atrocious record when it comes to selecting coaches? He had a stinker in Memphis too.

BK has no idea how to put together a winning NBA team as evidenced by the fact that no team he has assembled has ever sniffed respectibility.