• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The definative BK and Woody polls. Everyone vote!

Guest Walter

• Premium Member

I'm not BK fan or anyhing, but

What's the point in holding this month long poll and then deciding... "I don't like the results of that one, throw it away"...

If you didn't want the result from Hawksquawk.. Why ask? I'm just happy that you like the results of the Woody poll... Imagine if you were one of the 2 for Woody, you'd try to throw that poll under the bus too right??

banana.gif

Okay if Billy Knight was to get fired before the draft then that means that Woody would more than likely make the decision on whom we draft. Woody would probably get fired right after the season is over if they were thinking about giving him the can. If knight didn't want to fire Woody then the both of them would get fired at the same time. In that case I guess we would rely on our scout's researches and on Domonique's expert advice. Doesn't Cotton Fitzsimmon's brother work in the front office somewhere? I am pretty sure he has some B-Ball knowledge.

• Premium Member

Quote:

What's the point in holding this month long poll and then deciding... "I don't like the results of that one, throw it away"...

Quoted for truth. I'm disappointed (yet not surprised) at the hypocritical vitriol in this thread.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If you didn't want the result from Hawksquawk.. Why ask? I'm just happy that you like the results of the Woody poll... Imagine if you were one of the 2 for Woody, you'd try to throw that poll under the bus too right??

banana.gif

... I guess you're right, I just don't want BK to have a chance to screw our franchise any more. And listen, I'm no Woody fan, but BK is MILES worse imo. It's hard to get sub patterns right when you have 5 forwards and no PG.

Whatever, I guess send both polls, BK is still losing by about 10 votes, but I just can't believe it's that close.

• Premium Member

I liked Roy in last year's draft.

I was probably the loudest Chris Paul advocate on the board.

I wanted Deng the year before.

I thought we could get more for the Theo/Reef/Dickau deal.

I REALLY thought BK should have held out for higher protection on our pick this year - JJ trade.

I have wanted Woody fired since midway through last season.

I thought the AJ signing was a wash at best.

I lost all faith in the all 6'8" interchangeable players theory.

I have no confidence in BK's ability to make the "franchise defining" trades.

I don't even like his attitude (seems to have a huge ego).

"Wow, Wretch... You sound like a BK hater if I ever saw one. Why did you vote no on firing BK? You just stupid?"

No. Two reasons.

a) I've just followed the really bad teams in the league for quite a while. The one thing that I noticed is that change doesn't happen overnight. Luck of the draw plays a larger role than it should, but it all happens over time. He's had 3 1/2 seasons (filled with ownership bullsh!t no less). So, BK has some time left, IMO. Not a lot.

Realistically, I'd say the boat should fill up with water before the trade deadline, after the 1st 2 months of the season.

b) I endured the Wrath of Babcock and I guess I'm just happy to have ANYONE in office. For the love of cheese...Babs... To be fair, BK also inherited quite a bit of Babcock's mess.

So, to sum it up...BK has a C- borderline D The key there is, he's got a few assignments left to pull up his grade. He's hangning by a thread and the first thing he needs to do is strap Woody's ass to a rocket and fire him.

Quote:

I liked Roy in last year's draft.

I was probably the loudest Chris Paul advocate on the board.

I wanted Deng the year before.

I thought we could get more for the Theo/Reef/Dickau deal.

I REALLY thought BK should have held out for higher protection on our pick this year - JJ trade.

I have wanted Woody fired since midway through last season.

I thought the AJ signing was a wash at best.

I lost all faith in the all 6'8" interchangeable players theory.

I have no confidence in BK's ability to make the "franchise defining" trades.

I don't even like his attitude (seems to have a huge ego).

"Wow, Wretch... You sound like a BK hater if I ever saw one. Why did you vote
no
on firing BK? You just stupid?"

No. Two reasons.

a) I've just followed the really bad teams in the league for quite a while. The one thing that I noticed is that change doesn't happen overnight. Luck of the draw plays a larger role than it should, but it all happens over time. He's had 3 1/2 seasons (filled with ownership bullsh!t no less). So, BK has some time left, IMO.
Not a lot

Realistically, I'd say the boat should fill up with water before the trade deadline, after the 1st 2 months of the season.

b) I endured the Wrath of Babcock and I guess I'm just happy to have ANYONE in office. For the love of cheese...Babs... To be fair, BK also inherited quite a bit of Babcock's mess.

So, to sum it up...BK has a
C-
borderline
D
The key there is, he's got a few assignments left to pull up his grade. He's hangning by a thread and the first thing he needs to do is strap Woody's ass to a rocket and fire him.

What has Billy ever done to give a real hint that he can be a successful GM. Dude you sound like my niece with her dumb

pill poping, stealing, cheating boyfriend. You keep letting Billy slide when he's done nothing to even deserve the position he holds.

He failed to produce a winning team in Memphis and hasn't even come close to bringing a winning team in Atlanta. Babcock is way better than Billy Knight will ever be.

Babcock got a a HOF center here and Mookie he was (despite his offensive flaws) one of the best defensive PG's in the 90's. The sad thing is that Billy played the game and STILL has no clue about these two positions.

IF Billy fails to even understand the PG and center positions he has NO SHOT of being a good gm. Period.