• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How much should we pay Smoove?

Diesel

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

so you think your smarter then me when come to basketball...

Quoted for truth.

(Advance apologies to Kudzu. I failed to 'take the higher road.' I always loved zoos).

feedtroll.gif

whatever kid, you can be smart and listen to me, or be a loser and do you.

Dude if you want to troll at least do a better job of picking your targets so they don't make you look even dumber.

When you post something like Josh Smith being worth only $5 million you expose your ignorance in a bad way. Show me one player in the NBA not on their rookie contracts averaging 15/8 and making only $5 million. and that doesn't even count the fact that he is top 5 in the league in blocks.

I find it funny how you don't quote the facts, just my opinions.. you sore buddy, I don't have time for your peabody mind. peace out.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quoted for truth.

(Advance apologies to Kudzu. I failed to 'take the higher road.' I always loved zoos).

feedtroll.gif

Dude if you want to troll at least do a better job of picking your targets so they don't make you look even dumber.

When you post something like Josh Smith being worth only $5 million you expose your ignorance in a bad way. Show me one player in the NBA not on their rookie contracts averaging 15/8 and making only $5 million. and that doesn't even count the fact that he is top 5 in the league in blocks.

he plays for the hawks and they give him the opportunies to score that much.

he wouldn't do that playing for any other team or come off the bench.

Quit bring up stats, they are overinflauted, badly at least with Smith.

I know he the only thing positive that you have being that he won the dunk contest and that made ya'll happy but reality wise, he is awful. The Hawks need to move on and let another team cut Josh and he ends up in Europe with Harold Miner...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quoted for truth.

feedtroll.gif

I know he the only thing positive that you have being that he won the dunk contest and that made ya'll happy but reality wise, he is awful. The Hawks need to move on and let another team cut Josh and he ends up in Europe with Harold Miner...

So since it is so easy to put up Josh's numbers on a bad team why don't you find someone putting up Josh's numbers, on a bad team.

And while you are at it find another player in NBA history who has 500 blocks at Josh's age......ooops that's right there aren't any.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quoted for truth.

feedtroll.gif

So since it is so easy to put up Josh's numbers on a bad team why don't you find someone putting up Josh's numbers, on a bad team.

And while you are at it find another player in NBA history who has 500 blocks at Josh's age......ooops that's right there aren't any.

I don't know about this year but acouple year ago Lee Nailon was putting up stats on NO.

NOH 68 51 29.7 .478 .000 .806 1.9 2.5 4.4 1.6 .53 .24 1.62 2.80 14.2

and there others but I'm not in the mood to search.

becuase most players don't leave HS early and get playing time, why don't you argue the facts of his game... instead of arguing pointless stats..

Quote:

When 1 person disagrees with 500, they are usually wrong. Ask any NBA fan in the world, they will tell you how much Smith is worth. This guy isn't worth talking to.

you said the majic word, fan... mosts don't understand the game, which is the reason you a fan and I'm a scout, if Josh was as good as you thought wouldn't the Hawks be in the playoffs and better then Orlando.

Quote:

Are you usually this insightful about NBA basketball? I haven't heard Smooves limitations brought out in such full force and with such eloquence. Your a real expert.

He a weak jump shooter

horrible ball handling skills

weak passer

very low basketball IQ

easily dummy and fall for pump fakes alot

good from the blind side becuase he is normally out of position.

doesn't rebound well for someone who has that size and athletism.

he a very weak Post player, on D and on O. usually a major libitites.

hasn't showed much improvement in his years in the league.

great jumper, who doesn't know when to use it on the offenive end.

VERY LOW IQ, once again

he just like the Hawks team, thinks there actually good when they are not, that what makes fans and players from other team laugh at the us so much...

There is more but that all I could think of for now.

He strong at blocking shot where the opponent doesn't use pump fakes. and he confident in himself, for better or worst

PLEASE READ all posts before commenting.

So, JohnnyBravo is a lawyer, nbasuperstar40 is a scout. We've got the big black guy who gets laid every night making guest appearances in this thread, so I guess now would be the time to come out to you:

I'm really Chris Crawford. Having actually played the game professionally, I know more about it that you. And I say that Josh Smith is a force to be reckoned with. Not a superstar, but someone who is in the top 25 percent of the league. And also, for those of you who missed it, he was the Yahoo! Fantasy Sports number one point producer not too long ago. Not to correlate fantasy sports with real life, but there is a vague correlation between "not being awful" and "Being Number 1"

• Moderators

Name ten teams in the NBA that would not sign him to a contract starting at higher than the $5M you say should be his cap. If he really sucks then it should be easy to find a third of the league who refuse to pay more than he is worth.

In your terms, over $5M would be "ridiculous" so finding 10 teams that would not pay $5,001,000 per year for him should be easy.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

When 1 person disagrees with 500, they are usually wrong. Ask any NBA fan in the world, they will tell you how much Smith is worth. This guy isn't worth talking to.

you said the majic word, fan... mosts don't understand the game, which is the reason you a fan and I'm a scout, if Josh was as good as you thought wouldn't the Hawks be in the playoffs and better then Orlando.

Yeah I bet you're a scout, you don't even know how to spell the word magic, nor do you know anything about punctuation or sentence structure. You must have horrid scouting reports.

EDIT: LOL why am I arguing with a 12 year old kid?

Quote:

Will you please do us all a favor and
scout
a dictionary?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

I've been thinking that this whole time -- It's tough to gain respect for your opinions when you A. disagree with the majority, and B. spell poorly.

grammar counts towards credibility too...

again... feedtroll.gif

( Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif )

• Premium Member

Quote:

if you think smoove sucks then i aint a black guy gettin laid everyday.

For Smoove's sake, I hope you're not some fat Bald guy looking like Dr. Phil. laugh.gif

I think what's missing in this conversation is the fact that Smoove has shown that he's young but he's able to improve significantly.

Also, Smoove has the biggest Heart of any Hawk.

This is our new Dominique. Get the right coach in here and Smoove becomes "THE MAN".

drink.gif

• Premium Member

If you don't think the rest of the league values him, then you don't hear the other broadcasts AND you don't see the way these coaches shake his hand....

It was like Avery Johnson dropped everything he was doing to run over to shake Smoove's hand.

Teams know that our ownership is in a bad position and they value Smoove as much as we do. Instead of Josh Howard think Impact like Shawn Marion.

I know other teams value Smith but i doubt they value him to the tune of $13 million/yr. And there is that minor detail of the fact that there wont be many, or possibly any, teams far enough under the cap to offer him that contract.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quoted for truth.

feedtroll.gif

I don't know about this year but acouple year ago Lee Nailon was putting up stats on NO.

NOH 68 51 29.7 .478 .000 .806 1.9 2.5 4.4 1.6 .53 .24 1.62 2.80 14.2

and there others but I'm not in the mood to search.

becuase most players don't leave HS early and get playing time, why don't you argue the facts of his game... instead of arguing pointless stats..

Nailon averaged half the rebounds Smith does and only blocked a shot once every 4 games. Try again.

• Premium Member

Even if there is no team that can give Smoove 6 million dollars per year... That doesn't mean that you low-ball Smoove 'according to the Market". That leads to Smoove walking for a 1 year deal with somebody and then re-uping for his truth worth elsewhere. worried.gif