• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Did anyone else catch the interview with

frosgrim

Woody during the pre-game telecast?

If you didn't the "highlight" is that Woody is an excuse machine. He was complaining about the injuries, and it was complaining instead of just stating what was happening. For example, he said that due to injuries he couldn't coach like he wanted to. So, we are to take that injuries keep a person from coaching correctly. What did it take him the whole off-season to set his rotations and now that there are injuries he can't adjust?pillepalle.gif

Second, he looked completely defeated in the interview. I think he knows he is at the end of his coaching stay.

In all, I was really put-off by his demeanor and what he had to say.

I would give just about anything to hear BK and/or Woody take some personal responsibility for the state of this team. And I'm not talking about the ownership issues here, as that is something that is obviously well beyond both of their control. But to have Woody answer for the actual product on the floor, for the way they show and the way they play, for his basketball philosophies (or apparently, lack thereof), and for his game management as well as player management concerns....and to hear BK answer for some of his highly dubious draft selections and FA signings...and for his continued retention of his friend Woodson as his coach.

I'd love to hear them answer honestly for that, just once.... not with the standard excuses...'Poor, poor pitiful us, what with all the injuries'...when the fact of the matter is that every team in the NBA goes through injury problems every year- it's just entirely variable as to how severe those problems run from year to year. Last year was our healthy year, this one so far has been our injured one. Just a straight-up answer from one or both of these men, and not accompanied with the sneering and smug attitude of 'I don't have to tell you sh*t, I am way better and way more qualified than you are'. (BK)

Of course such a thing would never happen, but man would it be refreshing if it did.

Quote:

I would give just about anything to hear BK and/or Woody take some personal responsibility for the state of this team. And I'm not talking about the ownership issues here, as that is something that is obviously well beyond both of their control. But to have Woody answer for the actual product on the floor, for the way they show and the way they play, for his basketball philosophies (or apparently, lack thereof), and for his game management as well as player management concerns....and to hear BK answer for some of his highly dubious draft selections and FA signings...and for his continued retention of his friend Woodson as his coach.

I'd love to hear them answer honestly for that, just once.... not with the standard excuses...'Poor, poor pitiful us, what with all the injuries'...when the fact of the matter is that every team in the NBA goes through injury problems every year- it's just entirely variable as to how severe those problems run from year to year. Last year was our healthy year, this one so far has been our injured one. Just a straight-up answer from one or both of these men, and not accompanied with the sneering and smug attitude of 'I don't have to tell you sh*t, I am way better and way more qualified than you are'. (BK)

Of course such a thing would never happen, but man would it be refreshing if it did.

I would love to hear that too.

What was Woody's "exuse" for losing 7 in a row with a healthy team?

Quote:

They would have to be men to do that. To be honest, I'm thinking of writing Bob Knight a letter. The old school kind written on paper. I would like to ask him about how he shaped Mike Woodson into a man. What a joke. I have no respect for Mike Woodson as a basketball person. None. How can you? It's not o.k. to lose, but be a man about it if you do. Why is he getting paid if he can't control anything? Oh, is it because he was 6'5" and scored 15 a game for one of the worst franchises ever with his now GM buddy?

Quote:

Quote:

every woody interview i've seen this season he has brought up the injury excuse.

I wonder how many of those times, he was ASKED about the injuries? shocked.gif

I wonder how many times he was a man and said that injuries were not an excuse and a lot of teams we've played were missing their star player?

That would be zero, right?