• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My realistic offseason plan....

bumpyphish1

1) Sign Randolph Morris from Kentucky. This is crucial...it doesn't involve getting lucky in the draft, him falling to us, etc. We just have to pick up where we left off last season in his courtship, and hopefully his ties to the Southeast will be enough for us to land him.

2) Draft a PG with the Indy pick. I think we should get Acie Law at all costs. He can score, and run an offense, two huge needs for this team. Plus, he is a WINNER. If you watched the Texas game, you would know this. Clutch as hell. If we have to trade up to ensure we get him, we should do so. Let's hope Indy slips toward the end.

3) Fire Mike Woodson. Really, 'nuff said. He is not the coach for this young team that should be out running. Almost everyone is on the same page with this. I don't know who we should get to coach us, but hopefully, it will be someone good. It's been a while since we had a decent coach.

4) Get lucky with the Ping Pong balls. This is all luck, but would be huge. Durant or Oden. Tit for tat. I don't care. We need this pick...even it's the #3 - Brandan Wright or trade it if we do get #3.

5) One other veteran acquisition. I have faith in BK, especially in free agency. It's time for him to put that much valued cap space to work. It sucks we wasted space on Speedy, and I doubt we can move him - if we could, that would be huge. Let's either sign someone to come in and play or work out a trade. We have some extra SF's and I would not be vehemently opposed to trading Zaza or Childress with or without a pick if it can net us something of value in return. If Esteban, Lue, or Shelden have any value, they could be used as trade bait as well. Marvin is more important that Chill and next season will really bust out. DO NOT TRADE SALIM!

If all this goes down, I will be a HAPPY CAMPER. We would be headed to the promised land.

I think 1,2,and 3 are necessary and probable. 4 is a prayer. And if we get 1,2,3 (and 4) then I don't think we need that trade. Between AJ, Lue, and JJ we have enough vetern experience.

I do disagree with the faith in BK. I strongly hope he is gone long before the draft and I don't believe he can pull off the kind of trade that would help us.

But if we got Morris, Law, and a real coach - we might have a decent team.

If the Hawks win the lottery then Oden makes signing Morris unnecessary - besides the team does not want 3 rookies on the roster.

2 and 3 are "musts." If 3 does not happen, then the team won't win.

I have no faith in BK, but the team will need a veteran post player not named Lo Wright to help develop Oden or Morris (assuming the Hawks are lucky enough to get either).

Quote:

If the Hawks win the lottery then Oden makes signing Morris unnecessary - besides the team does not want 3 rookies on the roster.

I disagree. What is wrong with having two young 7 footers? Worst case scenario, we have a solid backup. Down the road, if Morris turns out to be above average, then he would carry a lot of value in a potential trade. If he is just there to sign and we don't have to win any lottery to get him, I think we have to do it.

Quote:

Quote:

I disagree. What is wrong with having two young 7 footers? Worst case scenario, we have a solid backup. Down the road, if Morris turns out to be above average, then he would carry a lot of value in a potential trade. If he is just there to sign and we don't have to win any lottery to get him, I think we have to do it.

Lets put it this way - we would be lucky to get either of them.

If Morris is the real deal then he probably will command a handsome contract. I am not sure the ownership situation will permit the team to enter into such a contract.

I say we offer VC 5 years 70 million dollars in a sign n trade with NJ. We send them back Josh Childress, Marvin Williams, and Ty Lue.

We don't even need to screw around this off season. We need to do something brash and insane. Even if we get Durant or Oden the fan base will say..."hey that interesting" but it still won't be electrified. Oden is a boring center and Durant is a jumpshooter. But if you get VC, we sell out preseason games in Mobile. We may screw our future cap, and Marvin may become a superstar, but we are in desperate need of adrenaline. Think about this off season

Draft Crittenden with the indy pick

Pick up VC.

Speedy/Crittenden

JJ/AJ/Salim

VC/who cares

Smoove/Shelden

Zaza/Solomon

Not only would we kick in everyone's azz, we'd be exciting as hell.

Why would VC come here? We are giving him 70 million dollars and the ego boosting opportunity to resurrect a franchise.

I hope so too. If we're gonna' sign a big name FA, I'd rather it be someone like Chauncey Billups. He gives us a legit starting PG (not another backup). I'd like us to somehow get Diop signed (he's a RFA this season I believe). Getting Billups would be the toughest part, but I could really like a team of.....

Maybe trade Lue for Diop in a Sign & Trade

Trade Lo for something.....whatever anyone will give us

Billups/Speedy/AJ

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chillz

Smith/Shelden

ZaZa/Diop/SoLo

• Premium Member

Quote:

I hope so too. If we're gonna' sign a big name FA, I'd rather it be someone like Chauncey Billups. He gives us a legit starting PG (not another backup). I'd like us to somehow get Diop signed (he's a RFA this season I believe). Getting Billups would be the toughest part, but I could really like a team of.....

Maybe trade Lue for Diop in a Sign & Trade

Trade Lo for something.....whatever anyone will give us

Billups/Speedy/AJ

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chillz

Smith/Shelden

ZaZa/Diop/SoLo

It's amzing we could have signed Diop after Cleveland let him go for nothing a couple of years ago. Great GM!