• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks make up your mind already

WraithSentinel

Guest Walter

Quote:

If the Hawks are going to compete then compete. Quit damn teasing us. Soon as we all get excited and start thinking playoffs or the team is improving. They revert back to being sorry. Then when we are ready to tank the season. All of the sudden they start playing well again.

No triple double threat, but just enough at an otherwise very weak position to keep us far enough away from Oden like Sura kept us away from Howard. We can't even tank well. Must losers against the Kittens and the Teddy Bears and we won. Just piss-poor franchise management from top to bottom.

W

Quote:

Smoove was huge but everybody played great. Marvin should just play the 1st half and sit the 3rd and 4th qtr. Seeing as how he only scored 4 points in the 2nd half. Chill was also huge. But we should have won this game by double digits

I agree alot of guys played well. IMO Lue and JOhnson hold the ball for way too long and kills the offense. Marvin had his shot blocked a ton in the 2nd half and really out of it 2nd half. We were turning it over and not converting. A win tommorow would make us really feel good about ourselves. This is a game that we should have won by 20 we need to learn how to close teams out.

This is just another$amn tease. The Hawks will win just enough to wipe out any chance of even getting a top 3 pick due to not having many ping pong balls. This isn't the only year they have teased us and in the end what will the Hawks have to show for this season? If were lucky will get the Pacers pick probably a decent player drafted but it could have been so much more.

Beating a hapless Memphis team at home by one point really is inspiring mad.gif. I predict tomorrow the Hawks show there true colors and Minnesota beats the daylights out of them.

What keeps bad teams continually bad is winning just enough games so they miss out on top franchise players.Oh well hard to look forward to anything in the way of being a powerhouse since all the bigs will be gone.

Quote:

Thank god for J Smoove he carried us in the 4th quarter making some big time shots and hitting the game winning shot and FT some really clutch play. I wanna see him get more touches down the stretch now that JJ is gone. We were going to zaza and athony johnson down the stretch thats not a good game plan at all.

I couldn't hear you...did you say something? I only hear slurping.

Quote:

...Josh Smith saves the planet...again.

LOL - good one TP - it does seem a bit much sometimes.

But really, he does some things that are quite amazing. I'm most impressed with his flat out ability to block ANYBODY's shot. His "game changing" is more in that regard than anything IMO. He can just shut down the interior late in a game by himself if allowed to. That's why the good teams (with good coaches) attack him early. They want him either:

1. Out of the game...or

2. hampered by 4 or 5 fouls so he can't be as aggressive late in the game.

I know a lot of JS fans get p!ssed at Woody for sitting Josh the whole first half as soon as he gets two fouls - but it actually is a logical strategy. You gotta have JS at crunch time with a couple fouls to give. You never know when Violet Palmer will call a "ghost foul" on a clean block. nol2.gif

Quote:

If the Hawks are going to compete then compete. Quit damn teasing us. Soon as we all get excited and start thinking playoffs or the team is improving. They revert back to being sorry. Then when we are ready to tank the season. All of the sudden they start playing well again.

When were we ever going to tank?????

This tanking talk is so damn stupid because why the hell would these young players want to lose?

Why would Woodson and BK want to jeopardize their jobs?

Nothing about this tanking theory makes any F'n sense.

They never were tanking.

Losing games to sorry teams isn't tanking.

That's just us having a bunch of young players making the same stupid mistakes of overlooking an opponent.

If you can't handle the frustration of this team being young and inconsistent then perhaps you should wait to tune in two years from now when they are more consistent.