• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Durant is something special wish Hawks had chance!

thescout5

Quote:

Are you kidding me?

k-smoove and j-smoove are nothing alike...totally different

better shooter- k-smoove

better slasher- j-smoove

scoring- k-smoove

better d- j-smoove

faster- j-smoove

quicker- k-smoove

better handles- k-smoove

better passer- nobody really but i guess j-smoove

honestly k smoove will be better but not by much. sort of like kobe>pierce both GREAT GREAT players but kobe is just better but nobody gives a duck because both are good.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Until Smoove leads the Hawks over the better teams in the league(I am talking Dallas,Phoenix,San Antonio and even Miami) the media won't give smoove respect. If you want to be one of the best players you have to take over games and win vs elite talent. From what I have seen of Durant he is going to be a top NBA talent and even though its college ball makes the big shot.

I am betting in 2 yrs in the league Durant will be an all star better than Smoove.

You are insane. And the guy who said Durant is already better than Smoove is even more insane.

First of all the worst team in the NBA >>>>>>>> Kansas or any other team Durant has ever played against.

Durant seems like he's ahead of the curve when it comes to the ability to shoot and dribble but his ceiling is not as high as that of Smoove because Smoove just has another level on his elevator when it comes to hops.

You think Durant's six blocks vs Kansas is impressive? How about Smoove's 10 blocks without a foul against Dallas Mavericks?

Smoove will be a SUPERSTAR before Durant is an all-star. Smoove can average 20/10/5/3 in this league. Durant has about 30 pounds to gain so he will not be nearly as dominant his rookie season as people think. HE will struggle on the boards and will get abused on the block.

Busboy, I'm sorry, but you are very very very wrong.

Josh Smith is a good player. He'll probably be an All Star someday. It's unlikely he'll ever achieve superstar status.

Kevin Durant is going to dominate the NBA. He has an excellent chance of being an All Star his first year. He has no limit to how good he can be. Making the Hall of Fame isn't just possible, it's almost LIKELY.

There's a bunch of people on this board who are real homers when it comes to Josh Smith. Yes he's good, and he's getting better, but he's not the second coming of Dr. J.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Josh Smith is a good player. He'll probably be an All Star someday. It's unlikely he'll ever achieve superstar status.

Kevin Durant is going to dominate the NBA. He has an excellent chance of being an All Star his first year. He has no limit to how good he can be. Making the Hall of Fame isn't just possible, it's almost LIKELY.

There's a bunch of people on this board who are real homers when it comes to Josh Smith. Yes he's good, and he's getting better, but he's not the second coming of Dr. J.

Durant will probably be better offensively, and Smith has the edge defensively.

Let's let Durant actually play a game in the NBA before calling him a LIKELY hall of famer or an all-star his rookie year, lots of things can happen.

Durant may be better offensively, But Smoove will always be the better all around player. Durant will be a great talent but he will not dominate the NBA like he is dominating in College right now. He has got to put on some wieght because he will get pushed around nightly.

Durant will be better when he adds some weight, but don't fool yourself into thinking that he won't dominate before then. He will. I realize he hasn't played in the NBA yet, but did we need to see Lebron play in the NBA to know he was going to dominate? Durant is a superstar in the making. And I said ALMOST likely HoFer. smile.gif

As for Josh Smith always being the better all around player, that is laughable. Josh Smith may or may not be the marginally better defensive player over the course of his career, but he will not approach anything close to the offensive output of Durant.

Kevin Durant is 6'11, a great athlete, a scoring machine, a rebounding machine, a very good defender, an unbelievable shooter, and a tireless worker. What is it exactly that you guys don't like?

Every few years there is a can't miss prospect who goes by universal acclaim at the top of a draft. Larry Bird. Magic Johnson. Patrick Ewing. David Robinson. Lebron James.

Kevin Durant is one of those prospects. Greg Oden is also one of those prospects, though I don't believe he is as good as Durant.

Durant is a guaranteed future superstar. And you're talking about Josh Smith?

Quote:

Josh Smith averaging 20/10/5/3 is SUPERSTAR numbers.

To say he can't get those numbers is ridiculous considering he has 15/8/3.5/2.8 right now and clearly isn't even close to reaching his full potential.

Josh Smith can change the game on both ends of the floor something that Nique couldn't even do.

He doesn't have to score as many points to be the more efficient player.

At 21 hes one of the best weakside shot blockers in the game. JOsh Smith has DPOTY potential.

This is not homerism, this is just straight fact.

To say Durant is better than him now is ridiculous.

Quote:

Every few years there is a can't miss prospect who goes by universal acclaim at the top of a draft. Larry Bird. Magic Johnson. Patrick Ewing. David Robinson. Lebron James.

Kevin Durant is one of those prospects. Greg Oden is also one of those prospects, though I don't believe he is as good as Durant.

Yeah like there haven't been any can't miss busts....

Not saying Durant will be a bust but let's not put him in the HOF just yet. So many people are obsessed with superlatives these days.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah like there haven't been any can't miss busts....

Not saying Durant will be a bust but let's not put him in the HOF just yet. So many people are obsessed with superlatives these days.

That's what I'm saying, Durant is not a GUARANTEED superstar or likely hall of famer. College basketball is not what it used to be, it's watered down as hell from all the HS players and players that leave early.

I'm not saying Durant won't be a great player, I think he will, but he's not a GUARANTEED can't miss prospect or likely hall of famer.

Quote:

Quote:

Josh Smith averaging 20/10/5/3 is SUPERSTAR numbers.

To say he can't get those numbers is ridiculous considering he has 15/8/3.5/2.8 right now and clearly isn't even close to reaching his full potential.

Josh Smith can change the game on both ends of the floor something that Nique couldn't even do.

He doesn't have to score as many points to be the more efficient player.

At 21 hes one of the best weakside shot blockers in the game. JOsh Smith has DPOTY potential.

This is not homerism, this is just straight fact.

To say Durant is better than him now is ridiculous.

I see little reason to believe that Josh Smith's rebounding, assist, and block numbers are going to get significantly better. Maybe he'll get to 20 ppg in a couple of years (MAYBE). So we're talking about a 20/8/3/3 guy. That's not a superstar. Not even close. It's a borderline all star.

So maybe Josh Smith gets there in a couple of years. Durant can put up those numbers TODAY and will blow them away in a couple of years.

I mean, now you're putting Josh Smith above Nique? Give me a break.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I see little reason to believe that Josh Smith's rebounding, assist, and block numbers are going to get significantly better. Maybe he'll get to 20 ppg in a couple of years (MAYBE). So we're talking about a 20/8/3/3 guy. That's not a superstar. Not even close. It's a borderline all star.

20/8/3/3 Josh Smith's potential? Get a clue man, he's 21 years old and is already at 15/8/3/3, and this is WITHOUT A PG. Wait until we get a good passing pg in here, and on top of that Smith will get even better. To say his potential is 20/8/3/3 is rediculous.

Quote:

So maybe Josh Smith gets there in a couple of years. Durant can put up those numbers TODAY and will blow them away in a couple of years.

Dude you need to quit exaggerating to make your point. The only thing Durant has GUARANTEED is that he is one of the top 2 prospects in this draft. I agree he will be a good player, but to say he can put up 20/8/3/3 TODAY is a bit far.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

20/8/3/3 Josh Smith's potential? Get a clue man, he's 21 years old and is already at 15/8/3/3, and this is WITHOUT A PG. Wait until we get a good passing pg in here, and on top of that Smith will get even better. To say his potential is 20/8/3/3 is rediculous.

Quote:

Dude you need to quit exaggerating to make your point. The only thing Durant has GUARANTEED is that he is one of the top 2 prospects in this draft. I agree he will be a good player, but to say he can put up 20/8/3/3 TODAY is a bit far.

I will bet that Durant does not average:

20 points or greater

8 rebounds or greater

3 blocks or greater AND

3 assists or greater

Next season. Any takers?

Quote:

...Let's let Durant actually play a game in the NBA before calling him a LIKELY hall of famer or an all-star his rookie year, lots of things can happen.

You got that right AtlaS. This isn't to put a hex on - or put a damper on the converation...but I remember when everybody was saying similar things about my my favorite ACC player (Len Bias) who got drafted by my (then) favorite nba team...and never played a single minute.

(R.I.P. LenB)

In my opinion people are overhyping Durant. This is the first year where player couldn't skip collge and jump right into the NBA. So maybe if there was an age limit earlier and somebody like a Josh SMith or Shaun Livingston went to college, they porbably would be dominating college basketball. I don't think he'll be better than Smoove or Marvin, he might end up being as good, but certainly not better. He's really thin, and will play foward, you saw how Shaun Livingston could handle the NBA with is thin body and he's a PG, think about how much Durant will suffer.