• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Everyone's preliminary, preliminary draft board

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

Of those players available at Indy's pick (Let's say 13), who would you have the Hawks pick of those potentially available? Certainly Durant, Oden, Horford, Noah, Yi lani (sp?), Wright are absolutely not available.

My prelim, prelim draft board at 13...

1a) Crittenton

1b) Thabeet

2) Hawes

3) Collins

4) Law

5) Augustine?

Honorable mentions or dark horses:

Rudy Fernandez...if he looks able to play Pg like Roy I'm up for it.

Morris Almond...Near perfect scorer at the 2...sets up an ideal trade of Childress or Childress packaged with SW for a higher pick and/or a legit big.

W

Gosh, this is tough. OK, PRELIMINARY PRELIMINARY (i.e. don't hold me to this, my opinion can and will change):

1) Law

2) Collison

3) Conley

4) Jeff Green (I realize we don't need another SF but I think this guy is special and am happy to package Childress and Marvin for more pressing needs)

This is very early but right now:

1. Hibbert / Center - 7'2 and 276 shot blocker - can't jump and is slow but so is Mutombo and he still blocks shots due to length. Much more offense the Mutombo but needs to work on rebounding. Good Center pick up at #13 - dominates Thabeet of U-Conn and Gray of Pitt when they match up in the Big East.

2. Augustine / Law - PGs - true PGs ready to lead a team.

4. Brewer -if we did not draft a PG or Center - I love Brewer as an NBA wing. He is much quicker then Marvin and is a great perimeter defender. This guy is a great glue piece for a winning team. I see him as a Bruce Bowen with much more offensive game. I would only pick him if we can trade Childress for a good PG, Brewer is an upgrade over Chills. I have alwayse liked Brewer- not a fit here due to the current roster. Trade Chils and Lue for Ridnour, then draft Brewer if Hibbert is gone.

5. Crittendon - PG - not yet ready - do we need more potential to develop or a PG ready to lead a team ?

Others:

Conely, Collison, Lawson, Fernandez (other PGs worth looking at but I think 13 to 18 is a bit too high for them)

Interestingly, I read somewhere that part of the reason Farmar may have gone pro last year was that Collison looked like he might take his job this year. That's quite a compliment. Hope I get to see him in the NCAAs.

(note: I hope I don't have Collison mixed up with another player - I think I'm right)

I am alwayse hesitant on PAC - 10 players. When they play other PAC -10 teams they get more credit then they deserve due to all the West Coast / L.A. press. There is So Much More Talent and Competition in the east.

When I see Collison play vs. some other competition in the NCAA Tourney I may, then, jump on his band wagon.

Being a fan I watch every UCLA game. Just like I said last year, Farmar was the real deal. I think Collison has a chance to be even better. He is lightning fast, very good passer, very good shooter from the outside, can penetrate, Good free throw shooter (over 80%), good handler of the basketball, very good defender. He has all that you would want in a point guard. Only mark against him is he is not big. He is about 6 foot tall.