• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks at Boston

gsuteke

Fans in both the Atlanta and Boston camps are lamenting this game. The Hawks are on a 4 game win streak which has some popping their mother's prozac like it was pez. Boston fans think this is a "can't" lose game against the Joeless Hawks which will sink their Oden chances.

Someone may be jumping off a tall building before the end of the night!

ambulance.gif

Gawd, what an embarrassment. We just got completely schooled in every phase of the game. Back to being the Bad News Hawks again, I guess. weeping.gif

Having not drafted him, I really wish we had traded for Rajon Rondo back when there was still an opportunity to do so. The Celtics would have and did entertain the possibility of moving him last summer and fall. But now, they are so high on him that he's almost untouchable. They see him as one of the bright new faces of the franchise, and justifiably so...the guy is incredibly talented, he has fantastic court vision and shows a very high basketball IQ, especially for a rookie. I really like his ball instincts, and how disruptive he can be defensively. He scored 3 points in the first half, and yet was still extremely productive what with the assists and the steals and the turnovers...and he should have had about 12 or 13 assists for that first half but for his teammates blowing some great opportunities.

It'll be interesting to hear what Smoove has to say after the game tonight. He was obviously very pissed-off out there. He was jawing at everyone, got into it with both Zaza and Lo Wright, he was scowling and growling and just seemed extremely upset all night. Whatever it is, I hope it gets worked out. An unhappy Smoove is about the last thing this franchise needs.

Oh yeah, and Woodson is a total dunce. dunce.gif

• Premium Member

After hearing the news of the Stotts firing it got me thinking...

Maybe instead of blowing up our team every three years it would be a good idea to get a coach who isn't retarded. I mean maybe it wouldn't be such a bad option to entertain. The one constant in our 8 consecutive loosing seasons has been coaches who can't count to 10.

Just a thought

Quote:

Maybe instead of blowing up our team every three years it would be a good idea to get a coach who isn't retarded. I mean maybe it wouldn't be such a bad option to entertain. The one constant in our 8 consecutive loosing seasons has been coaches who can't count to 10.

Just a thought

Agree 100%.

For all the heat we give BK, historically his absolute worst moves have been the coaches he hires. When you look at the success of a team like Toronto (I say success in a relative term) which is not more talented then the Hawks, it makes you wonder.

I would love to see what Jerry Sloan or Pops could do with this team.

Quote:

Quote:

Just a thought

Agree 100%.

For all the heat we give BK, historically his absolute worst moves have been the coaches he hires. When you look at the success of a team like Toronto (I say success in a relative term) which is not more talented then the Hawks, it makes you wonder.

How do you get blown out by a team that just had a 17 game losing streak? I know they have PP now, but he isn't the difference maker he was.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just a thought

Agree 100%.

How do you get blown out by a team that just had a 17 game losing streak? I know they have PP now, but he isn't the difference maker he was.

Years of bad coaching and bad drafting catching up to the Hawks?

Quote:

LOL @ hot. PP is an all-star caliber player, and probably makes the All-Star team this year, if he didn't get hurt. Of course he makes a difference for the C's.

Celtics have won 6 of their last 9 games.

Then they'll probably turn around and lose 5 or 6 in a row. That's the crappy east for you. He has the stats, but he hasn't been a huge impact the last couple of years. Plus, what is he... 31 or 32? It will not be long.

Quote:

Paul Pierce makes a big difference.

That's like saying JJ is not a difference maker.

If you put an allstar on the court, if the team is coached correctly, it makes a difference.

Regardless, he isn't the player he was before. The times I've seen him the last few years it looks like he;s lost half a step. He isn't good enough to take a team from a 17 game to losing streak to being a good team.