• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ultimatum to Shelden: Play better NOW or else..

HAWKS1986

Quote:

Don't be too hasty. I think that Woody has part of this. Don't think he is being successful in how to motivate Shelden. Case in point was Diaw. Shelden has voiced opinion that he doesn't know what the coach wants? I don't think that Woody is a great communicator and I don't think Shelden responds to Woody's type of approach. Time to delegate to an assistant?

Sometimes a coach's approach may impede progress , but Shelden has a talent problem and lack a feel for what to do on the court. He doesn't have leadership skills and I think it affects his confidence. More of a 'follower'...

Josh Smith, as a rookie, seemed lost out there on the court. However, he had an 'inner motivation' to make things happen (i.e. block shots, run the floor, dunk)..He was doing something positive and was showing enthuasism, SHELDEN SHOWS NO SIGNS OF ANYTHING ***

It seems Shelden has no clue of what's going on, and when he gets into a game facing the opposition, it seems like he in a daze.. Rookies such as Brandon Roy, Randy Foye, Milsap or second year players such as Chris Paul, Andre Igudola , Monte Ellis may make mistakes, but they have a 'feel' for the game and their confidence isn't easily shaken..They may not have everything figured out, but they know they can make an impact out on the floor when called upon..

There are some things coaches can do in regards to instruction and motivation, but it is up to the player to 'make it happen', because supposedly being picked in the top 10 implies there is apparent atrribute(s) that makes you special and more ready to adapt and transition to the NBA game..

And not seeing Shelden do anything positive at least once every three or four games (i.e. 15 pts, 12 rbs or 7 points, 10 rebounds, 5 blocks) is a bad sign and a definite red flag that shouldn't be ignored or try to use the shoulder excuse..

Shelden needs to study his opponents, see what their weaknesses are, hit the weight room and try to make a positive impact for his team..Not 'sleep walk' on the court and say I don't know what the coaches want..

Guest Walter

Quote:

Exactamundo. For BK, that's called 'cover yo ass'. CYA is the order of the day throughout all management circles, whether it be sports, corporate, military, whatever. You've gotta make sure your ass is covered as much as possible, lest people start asking questions and discover that yes, you actually *are* incompetent.

Unfrotunately, with our ownership CYA not only works, it likely earns you a medal of freedom or something. Incompetent and ass-covering. This franchise is an absolute mess.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Much like Speedy's knee situation, there is no surgery to correct it. So going out and yelling that Shelden should get surgery is just ignorant especially since no one knows the severity of this injury....

Quote:

I was thinking along those lines myself. I'm no doctor but I've followed sports (and therefore sports injuries) for a long time and have known a lot of guys who have gone through various types of rehabs. But the truth is, I can't remember them telling us exactly what is wrong with Shell's shoulder nor what the prognosis is.