• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Do you all still think Crittenton is the guy?

bumpyphish1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I still want Crittenton, he's 6'5 and a legit point, a great playmaker, and can really get to the basket and score. Plus, he's an above average defender and he's only a freshman. Javaris would be my #1 choice if I had the chance to get him.

• Premium Member

One game does not make/break someone's stock, that doesn't mean that all his attributs suddenly disappeared.

I never thought Thaddeus was that great anyway, he seemed overrated coming out of HS and didn't impress me that much this year.

There is no question JC would fall to us if he came out now. If he had a great tournament maybe not, but he definitely would fall now. He could be a real steal.

If he's smart he will stay in school.

Young absolutely has to stay in school after how poorly he played. Young could never calm down in that game.

As poor as JC played, it was Young who kept missing the easy shots that JC set him up with.

And at least JC came alive down the stretch.

Sure the 5 second closely guarded hurt, but that wasn't nearly as devastating as all those offensive rebounds UNLV got in a row on their last couple of possessions.

I think there is a great chance that they both stay and that would make Georgia Tech a very scary team next year.

And chill out with the JC bashing, he's a Freshman. Law is a poised vet.

Quote:

I still want Crittenton, he's 6'5 and a legit point, a great playmaker, and can really get to the basket and score. Plus, he's an above average defender and he's only a freshman. Javaris would be my #1 choice if I had the chance to get him.

I don't think the *only a freshmen* notation is really significant. I say this because the vast majority of PGs we should consider here are currently freshmen and have been playing very well also. I've already stated in another post my feelings on JC, I just think he is overhyped a bit due to being a local guy.

He's a good player, but not much better than Collison, Conley, Law, Augustin, and Lawson. All are close or better than JC, and I would probably take all but Lawson over him at this point. JC can distribute the ball with fancy passes, but I dont know if I like his ability to set up his teammates and make the game easier compared to the other PGs I mentioned.

Lol at at the haters coming out in full force after a loss.

He is definitely a better prospect than Conley and Lawson because of his size alone.

I think it would be a helluva lot easier for him to get assist s if he had what OSU and UNC have as a supporting cast.

Sure he's raw but so are thoes guys.

Law is the only polished PG with as much upside as JC.

Haters coming after a loss? Why don't you go to the draft forum and read the exact same thoughts I posted today that I posted a few days ago..JC is simply overrated by those affiliated with Georgia Tech. Now thats not to say he is a bad prospect by any means, but he isn't head and shoulders (other than a literal sense) above those other PGs I mentioned.

It's about more than just assist to. It has to do with setting up teammates with easy buckets, controlling the tempo of the game, and defending. If you had read my post you would realize I put him ahead of Lawson, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone outside the south who thinks JC is better right now than Conley and that has more to do than just having Oden as a teammate.

Regardless, I'm just not impressed enough from what I've seen of JC so far to put him ahead of all the other points that we should be considering. Once again, that doesn't mean he is bad or lacks potential because thats not the case. The best of the bunch in terms of what the Hawks need is Collison though. Tough defender with excellent vision and an improving shot.

I still think he would be a steal in the late first round, but now it looks like we might be picking as high as 11 (or maybe not at all).

So at that spot, I'm not sure if I'd take him. One day (maybe next year) he'll be worth a mid-lottery pick, but maybe not this year.

For the Hawks I actually like Lawson. I think he'll be very good and a great running PG. He's lightening fast in transition and a great passer.

Yeah, it's hard to tell at this point which PGs are coming out. Other than Law, all of the PGs we are discussing could very well be the class of 2008 with the addition of Rose and Mayo. If that were the case then that'd be a much deeper PG class than we've ever seen, even more so than Marvin's class.

I think if UCLA has a deep run then Collison may come out, and that Augustin could come out depending on Durant and how deep they go in the tournament, same with Conley in terms of what Oden/Ohio State does. Law is a given since he is a senior, but I can't see Lawson or JC coming out at this point, but we'll see.

Guest Walter

Quote:

He sucked today, especially down the stretch.

No way do I want him.

Perhaps I'm just too enamored with the 6'5" true Pg prospect idea. I see him as a true Pg after paying close attention to and validating Exodus' comments about his always having his head up/up court. Anyhow, I believe we need a truly special player with the Indy pick should we get it. No more disasterous Shelden Williams' role player picks! Especially when at the same position there are players with significantly greater upsides. I don't think Law is bad, but he's not the type of player we need and his talent level isn't so great that we look past that fact. Crittenton is more of that type of player AND his potential allows me to easily look past that fact. We're looking to win titles here. No more SW picks! Law is dangerously close to such a move.

W

Quote:

But is Law the type of PG we need? I'd prefer to see a point in here that is more of a Steve Nash/Jason Kidd type more so than a Jason Terry type. Law just seems more combo guard than point guard. Very clutch though.

my thoughts exactly.

with our athletic wings i prefer a "thread the needle" type of pg.

Quote:

Haters coming after a loss? Why don't you go to the draft forum and read the exact same thoughts I posted today that I posted a few days ago..JC is simply overrated by those affiliated with Georgia Tech. Now thats not to say he is a bad prospect by any means, but he isn't head and shoulders (other than a literal sense) above those other PGs I mentioned.

It's about more than just assist to. It has to do with setting up teammates with easy buckets, controlling the tempo of the game, and defending. If you had read my post you would realize I put him ahead of Lawson, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone outside the south who thinks JC is better right now than Conley and that has more to do than just having Oden as a teammate.

Regardless, I'm just not impressed enough from what I've seen of JC so far to put him ahead of all the other points that we should be considering. Once again, that doesn't mean he is bad or lacks potential because thats not the case. The best of the bunch in terms of what the Hawks need is Collison though. Tough defender with excellent vision and an improving shot.

What good is the ability to set up an teammate if they miss the shot?

Today was a great example of this. Young was set up multiple times only to come up short.

GA Tech didn't lose this game because of JC. They lost it because they got beat by offensive rebounds which is inexcusable considering their size. Also they did not defend the 3 pointer well at all especially considering how many threes UNLV had a tendency to take.

That falls onto coaching. Paul Hewitt had a bad game.

From Draftexpress.com

Stock Down

Jonathan Givony

Quote:

While his teammate Thaddeus Young had a mediocre game, there is no other way to describe Javaris Crittenton’s performance than as an absolute disaster. He went scoreless and was held without an assist in the first 18 minutes of the game, which helped UNLV coast to a double digit lead that they maintained for most of the first half. Crittenton settled for ill-advised outside shots and pounded the ball incessantly, which meant that Georgia Tech’s offense lacked any kind of direction. He struggled with the fullcourt press and turned the ball over repeatedly on terrible decisions, not making any reads in the half-court and constantly making the same mistakes over and over again.

Crittenton did manage to show off some of his scoring prowess in certain sequences of the 2nd half, taking advantage of the fact that UNLV had no matchup for him once he decided to create his own shot with purpose and make his way to the basket. He looked spectacular on some of these drives, athletically double-clutching around the hoop and finishing off the glass, throwing difficult one-handed floaters in from six feet out, and using a pass fake on another occasion to keep his man off balance and open up a lane for himself in the process. He didn’t look for his teammates all that much in the process, but considering how poorly Tech’s half-court offense looked (which obviously had plenty to do with their point guard), it was pretty hard to blame him.

Down the stretch, though, Crittenton essentially sealed the deal on why he has to return to school for his sophomore season. He showed a complete lack of poise in the way he handled the game, being called for a rare five-second call, showing little urgency when his team was down and the clock was ticking, displaying highly questionable decision making skills. It’s something we’ve seen a few times this year already, but was amplified by the sheer magnitude of this game.

forget about not selecting him, he would be best served waiting until next year.