• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you all still think Crittenton is the guy?

bumpyphish1

Quote:

....forget about not selecting him, he would be best served waiting until next year.

Yep Lunarbles...he sounds like he will stay in college...problem is...this is the year of the big man. Next year looks like the year of the PG. Tough choice. Were I Critt I would say I either go this year or I play two more years at GT to get a top draft spot.

That's two years - tough decision. Were I him and I could go 15-20 this year (????) - might be best.

---but I don't think he could - prolly very late 1st or second round.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a great chance that they both stay and that would make Georgia Tech a very scary team next year.

Here who has commited to Tech next year so far. They've got so many young guys that they can't have many scholarships. The PF looks like another really athletic big guy and the gp looks like he will step into JC's shoes when he leaves.

Power forward

Norcross (GA) Norcross

AAU: Georgia Stars

Ht: 6-foot-8

Wt: 220 lbs

Class: 2007 (High School)

Rivals.com Rating: 5.9 (About)

Position Ranking: 7

Point guard

Memphis (TN) Raleigh-Egypt

AAU: Memphis Magic

Ht: 6-foot-1

Wt: 183 lbs

Rivals.com Rating: 5.8 (About)

Position Ranking: 14

Rivals.com Rivals150 2007 (90)

2007: Point Guards (14)

Small forward

Decatur (GA) Columbia

AAU: Georgia Stars

Ht: 6-foot-4

Wt: 210 lbs

Rivals.com Rating: NR (About)

Position Ranking: NR

• Premium Member

I think this point can be debated. I would rather have a guy who I can count on to score AND a guy who I can count on to make the pass. Similar to Paul. I think Law is a better floor general than you guys give him credit for. Moreover, he's closer to Chris Paul than to Jason Terry/Salim in my opinion...

However, I don't want a PG who can be isolated and can't score. The NBA will quickly test PGs to see if they can handle the ball and if they can score away from the goal. We've had too many cases of Brevin Knights and Snoop Grahams... I want the guy who can get out score and pass.

I like Augustin as that type of guy. I just don't see Law as much more than a Ben Gordon with slightly better vision. Definitely not a bad thing, but I just don't think thats the type of PG the Hawks need.

And Law is not a Chris Paul type. Completely different body sizes, game speeds, and passing ability. I seriously doubt Law ever average over 7 APG and Chris Paul has done much more than that in only his first 2 years in the league.

Quote:

I like Augustin as that type of guy. I just don't see Law as much more than a Ben Gordon with slightly better vision. Definitely not a bad thing, but I just don't think thats the type of PG the Hawks need.

And Law is not a Chris Paul type. Completely different body sizes, game speeds, and passing ability. I seriously doubt Law ever average over 7 APG and Chris Paul has done much more than that in only his first 2 years in the league.

Law is closer to Paul than he is a Salim because HE PASSES THE BALL.

I don't know where this misconception that Law is just a shooter came from, but he's a guy who sets up his teammates. It's part of the reason why his teammate led the nation in 3 point percentage.

• Premium Member

Exactly.

I think these guys are mixing up drive and dish PG with OG with no passing ability.

Law is a drive and dish PG who can hit the open shot.

In our offense (if we move to an uptempo offense), he will be like Gold. 7 apg? I would take that for his first year... I figure, we're going to play Speedy some next year too.

A very good offseason would have us getting Law, M. Randolph, and maybe trading one of our PGs (Lue or Salim) for the rights to M. Almond.

Quote:

Exactly.

I think these guys are mixing up drive and dish PG with OG with no passing ability.

Law is a drive and dish PG who can hit the open shot.

In our offense (if we move to an uptempo offense), he will be like Gold. 7 apg? I would take that for his first year... I figure, we're going to play Speedy some next year too.

A very good offseason would have us getting Law, M. Randolph, and maybe trading one of our PGs (Lue or Salim) for the rights to M. Almond.

If we want a shot at Law they need to lose today.

On one hand, it would completely screw my bracket because I have his team in the Championship.

But on the other, it would stop him from raising his stock.

If he leads his team to the Championship, he's a top 10 pick for sure.

• Premium Member

Well, I don't go by Nbadraft.net too much because they have a lot of guys there who prolly won't come out and some guys not there who prolly will.

Still, I think he's on the fringe of top ten... He may fall to 12-16 based on who's picking. Many teams don't need another PG... So there will be a lot more to see when we know who's in and who's picking where!

Quote:

Well, I don't go by Nbadraft.net too much because they have a lot of guys there who prolly won't come out and some guys not there who prolly will.

Still, I think he's on the fringe of top ten... He may fall to 12-16 based on who's picking. Many teams don't need another PG... So there will be a lot more to see when we know who's in and who's picking where!

I think if he led Texas A and M to the championship he'd be the #1 PG no matter who comes out.

There has to be some team that can use a PG in the top 10.

Quote:

Quote:

Law is closer to Paul than he is a Salim because HE PASSES THE BALL.

I don't know where this misconception that Law is just a shooter came from, but he's a guy who sets up his teammates. It's part of the reason why his teammate led the nation in 3 point percentage.

It sure seems that some posters never read the post they quote. I never once compared Law to Salim, but I did compare him to Jason Terry and a better passing Ben Gordon. I never called him a ball hog, but I did say he was not that pass first PG that we need..that pure point that will bring together the pieces we currently have.

Also to Diesel, I can see where it would sound like I was saying Law may never average MUCH over 7 apg. But what I was saying was that Law would never come CLOSE to averaging 7 apg since you were comparing him to a Chris Paul type..or closer to Chris Paul anyways. Paul averaged 7.8 apg his rookie season at a younger age than Law currently is; I was simply saying Law will never approach this type of production from a passing standpoint. Of course I would be happy with 7apg, but I don't see Law as that type of player.

I'm not discrediting Law by any means, because I think he is a fantastic player. However, he is not the type of PG that the Hawks currently need, and I don't think the he is the best PG in the NCAA right now, only the oldest and most seasoned. Best pure PG in my opinion is also one of the best defensive PGs: Darren Collison.

My eyes tell me he has trouble running a college team.

Not nearly ready to lead an NBA team.

If you want to draft a guy to sit on the bench for a couple of years, mean while you cross your fingers hoping he grows as a player and is not complacent once he becomes rich at 19. Well, then he is your guy.

Ga Tech was one of the most inconsistent teams in college basketball this year. He is not the one to steady a franchis or lead a franchise any where but the lottery. He has ability but obviously needs time to develop into a PG.

• Moderators

Quote:

I'll take any of teh guys mentioned on this thread. Crit, Law, Lawson, Collison, Conley, whoever. Sign me up!

You and me both. I am sure I will have some preference, but all those guys look like they have potential to make it in the NBA.

I would love for him to stay, but I'm used to seeing guys go early, and I love seeing them move on to the NBA. It's convenient when you like college and the NBA. Lots of Heels fans (and others I'm sure), hate the NBA so they don't want to ever see anyone go.

If Lawson's ready, I'm all for it, and would love to have him.

He's already better than Felton in every sense of the game, other than his leadership abilities. I think he'll be fine there, but he needs more seasoning. Felton was a born leader.

Lawson has a lot more range, is quicker, is at least as strong, is at least as good a finisher in traffic, and turns the ball over a whole lot less. Never seen Assist/TO numbers like this kid's for a freshman against a stout defensive league.

But Felton still has the intangibles edge as far as I can tell.

I would love to see Lawson in a Hawks uni. I've watched him a lot more than the otehrs, so it's hard for me to compare. I can't imagine any of them are that much better than he is already.