• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Do you all still think Crittenton is the guy?

bumpyphish1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Lawson has looked great when I have seen him. With the new handchecking rules, he looks like he will blossom pretty quickly in the NBA. Very fast, pretty good handles and has a shot to burn people if they sag on him. I would take him today if I had the option to trade the Indy pick in for him.

Quote:

It sure seems that some posters never read the post they quote. I never once compared Law to Salim, but I did compare him to Jason Terry and a better passing Ben Gordon. I never called him a ball hog, but I did say he was not that pass first PG that we need..that pure point that will bring together the pieces we currently have.

Also to Diesel, I can see where it would sound like I was saying Law may never average MUCH over 7 apg. But what I was saying was that Law would never come CLOSE to averaging 7 apg since you were comparing him to a Chris Paul type..or closer to Chris Paul anyways. Paul averaged 7.8 apg his rookie season at a younger age than Law currently is; I was simply saying Law will never approach this type of production from a passing standpoint. Of course I would be happy with 7apg, but I don't see Law as that type of player.

I'm not discrediting Law by any means, because I think he is a fantastic player. However, he is not the type of PG that the Hawks currently need, and I don't think the he is the best PG in the NCAA right now, only the oldest and most seasoned. Best pure PG in my opinion is also one of the best defensive PGs: Darren Collison.

I don't see how Law wouldn't fit our team considering how polished he is.

Players like JC, Lawson, and Conley will be more prone to mistakes.

As far as his ability to dish te ball I have seen him make passes that only someone with elite court vision could make.

You may wonder why his assists total isn't higher but you should consider the fact that he is asked to be the go to guy in th Aggies offense. Yet he still finds time to set up his teammates which is why one of his teammates leads the nation in three point field goal percentage.

There is no doubt in my mind he could easily average 7 APG deferring to a Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, or rejuvenated Joe Johnson.

But arguing for or against Law is pointless if the Aggies make the championship game because he will be a top 10 pick.