• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woody dissin JS and ????

DJlaysitup

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Smoove is better than everybody on the defensive end on this team. It's about damn time he called out Chill and Marvin for their pitiful play. This team just sucks defensively....

I am sorry but Smoove is no better than Zaza in man to man coverage. He is a good weakside blocker, that's about it.

are you serious, zaza is a horrible defender..smoove is not a great defender but at least he does something on defense, he blocks shots and and steals..zaza shows us nothing, nothing at all. the only negative thing about smoove on D is hes defender shoots jump shots over him easily thats it.

I said he is no better than Zaza in one on one matchups. Most guys make him look bad, but he blocks 2 of their shots and the whole world thinks he is the best defender in the Nba. Some people on here think that he should make Nba defensive team... which is just STUPID.. He isn't even best defender on our team. Shelden, Marvin and Joe are best defenders on this team for their positions. Smoove will become a better defender when he realizes that he doesn't have to block every single shot.. That way he won't leave his man wide open under the rim.

You are insane, Neither one of the 3 players you mentioned play defense. I love Joe but his defense is not that great. And Shelden and Marvin please my 5 year old could score on them..

Hahaha thats funny Shelden and Marvin better defenders then Smoove. Marvin has a hard time trying to walk straight yet alone being a good defender. I dont know what games you watch but Shelden is awful and Marvin is not a good defender at all. Smith isnt a perfect defender but he is much better then those clowns. To say they are better then him is just being clueless. When either of them avg 1.5 steals and 2.9 blocks a game talk to me.

• Premium Member

I don't know who came back blaming Shelden for last night??

Shelden played well during his time on the court, he stopped the Troy Murphy Layup drill. Zaza came back for Shelden in the 2nd with about 8:17 on the clock and the layup drill started back up.

Indy's first 19 points were layups and 1 3 pointer.

It was a pathetic display of defense on Troy Murphy, Dunleavy, and JO. We did nothing at all to hinder them from getting layups. Until SHelden came on the floor and actually played some defense.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Smoove is better than everybody on the defensive end on this team. It's about damn time he called out Chill and Marvin for their pitiful play. This team just sucks defensively....

I am sorry but Smoove is no better than Zaza in man to man coverage. He is a good weakside blocker, that's about it.

are you serious, zaza is a horrible defender..smoove is not a great defender but at least he does something on defense, he blocks shots and and steals..zaza shows us nothing, nothing at all. the only negative thing about smoove on D is hes defender shoots jump shots over him easily thats it.

I said he is no better than Zaza in one on one matchups. Most guys make him look bad, but he blocks 2 of their shots and the whole world thinks he is the best defender in the Nba. Some people on here think that he should make Nba defensive team... which is just STUPID.. He isn't even best defender on our team. Shelden, Marvin and Joe are best defenders on this team for their positions. Smoove will become a better defender when he realizes that he doesn't have to block every single shot.. That way he won't leave his man wide open under the rim.

You are insane, Neither one of the 3 players you mentioned play defense. I love Joe but his defense is not that great. And Shelden and Marvin please my 5 year old could score on them..

Yeah I agree with jsmoovefemalefan on this one. Joe is so overrated as a defender by this team its not even funny. I see him get blown by on defense all the time. But to his defense, it's probably because he has to carry the load on offense and he plays like 40+ minutes per game.

MW24, Josh is NOT that bad a 1 on 1 defender. In the past 2 years, and even earlier this year, when he played SF he was a lot worse. This is because he isn't quick enough laterally to keep up with quick SFs off the dribble. Since moving to PF, he's improved a ton. And whether you want to believe it or not, if Smith was on a team that received more exposure, he would be on an all-defensive team.

Shelden a better defender than Smith? That's insane, what has Shelden done defensively to say so? You're just going by his college reputation, which so far hasn't translated. It's funny that we're like 1-10 this year without Smith, because everytime he goes out, it's a layup drill for the other team. Our team defense is HORRIBLE without Smith.

I said MAN TO MAN defense, not who blocks the most shots. He is a good weakside helper, but he is not good when playing man to man coverage. I said that Joe, Shell and Marvin are better man to man defenders than Smoove. Staying and shoting down your man is far more important than a block or 2 a game. I mean Smoove is only 21 and he should get better when he realizes that trying to block every single shot is bad. It looks good on stat sheet, but it won't translate into wins for us. I like Smoove and hope he doesn't get overconfident because he knows how to score now. Too much confidence can make him get into argument with other players and we don't want that. He is too young to scream at a guy like AJ.

• Premium Member

I guess you skipped right through this paragraph..

Quote:

MW24, Josh is NOT that bad a 1 on 1 defender. In the past 2 years, and even earlier this year, when he played SF he was a lot worse. This is because he isn't quick enough laterally to keep up with quick SFs off the dribble. Since moving to PF, he's improved a ton. And whether you want to believe it or not, if Smith was on a team that received more exposure, he would be on an all-defensive team.

Oh, and I'll say it again.. Marvin, Shelden, and JJ are NOT very good man to man defenders.

Quote:

I guess you skipped right through this paragraph..

Quote:

Oh, and I'll say it again.. Marvin, Shelden, and JJ are NOT very good man to man defenders.

...but they are better than Smoove. Watch the next game and look closely when someone is 1on1 against Smoove and than see when Marvin is covering player 1on1.

I think we need Northcyde for this one. Hey Northcyde can you record a game and than tell us how many points did Marvin allowed and how many Smoove allowed while guardin a man by themselves??

• Premium Member

Quote:

...but they are better than Smoove. Watch the next game and look closely when someone is 1on1 against Smoove and than see when Marvin is covering player 1on1.

I do, and Smith has improved in this a LOT. I'm not saying he never gets scored on, everyone does a few times a game, but you are completely underrating Smith's man to man defense and overrating Marvin's, Shelden's, and Joe's.

Quote:

I think we need Northcyde for this one. Hey Northcyde can you record a game and than tell us how many points did Marvin allowed and how many Smoove allowed while guardin a man by themselves??

This won't be an accurate measurement as ONE game doesn't define a players man to man defense. Not to mention they would be guarding different players, Smith may be guarding a better player than Marvin (most likely), or it could be the other way around.

You are correct about Josh Smith's defense for the most part. Most of the people on this board don't go to the games and that is where you see it. Smith will flag down a guy on the break for an amazing block...or he will nail somebody from the weak side. That is all fine and looks spectacular. But, when you watch enough up close and personal you quickly realize that his straight up defense is poor. He gets beat off the dribble a lot and doesn't help well unless he is in position to block a shot.

JS has fantastic potental no question about it. But, he has a lot of work to do when it comes to his defense. That goes against a few posters here who drool at the mention of his name like he is a LeBron or something, but it is the truth.

Try going to a game every now and then when you get the chance and your eyes open up pretty quick. Don't confuse blocking shots with playing good defense.

JS needs a lot of improvement in his defense. And so does JJ...for all those who think JJ plays good defense, again come to a game and watch. JJ doesn't play great defense by a long shot. He had a defensive rep in PHX but now that he is the MAN here...forget about it. He couldn't D my grandma right now because he can't carry the load every night offensively and play shut down defense. That is just the reality.