• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lamarcus Aldridge is starting to look like a beast

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

14/10/2 in his last 5 games avg. 30 MPG. Looks like a Chandler with offense. Chicago really made a mistake dealing him. I bring this up because I thought for a second he might be our last hope this year of somehow bringing in a legit big prospect for next year. Trading MW and the Indy pick for Aldridge. Probably could have gotten Aldridge with just MW last year. No way we get him now with even the Indy pick thrown in.

It just absolutely frustrates me that not only did we not get Paul or Deron but that MW's trade value is constantly diminishing and that we insist upon holding onto him through this. If he were such a good prospect (as some here cling to for personal reasons) his value would at least stay the same if not increase but it has to be falling, falling, & falling.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

14/10/2 in his last 5 games avg. 30 MPG. Looks like a Chandler with offense. Chicago really made a mistake dealing him. I bring this up because I thought for a second he might be our last hope this year of somehow bringing in a legit big prospect for next year. Trading MW and the Indy pick for Aldridge. Probably could have gotten Aldridge with just MW last year. No way we get him now with even the Indy pick thrown in.

It just absolutely frustrates me that not only did we not get Paul or Deron but that MW's trade value is constantly diminishing and that we insist upon holding onto him through this. If he were such a good prospect (as some here cling to for personal reasons) his value would at least stay the same if not increase but it has to be falling, falling, & falling.

W

The anti-Marvin warpath is starting to look a little personal here. This is about the 5th thread today you have directed towards establishing/discussing Marvin's value. Why not consolidate on a single thread of negativity?

Tyrus Thomas had a big game a week or so ago as well. I didn't see the game but I did see the highlights of Thomas and they were impressive. He is very similar to Smoove.

Still, chicago could use Aldridge's low post game.

Another Rookie who has really come on since the all-star break is Rudy Gay. On a per minute basis he averages more points, rebounds, steals and blocks then Marvin. stirthepot.gif

What the hell does Marvin Williams have to do with LaMarcus Aldridge????

I swear Marvin Williams gets bashed like MIchael Vick on the Falcons board.

Funny because it used to be Josh Smith who got all the criticism but now people have conveniently switched it to Marvin and Shelden.

If those two guys start panning out will you guys attack Solomon?

Quote:

I swear Marvin Williams gets bashed like MIchael Vick on the Falcons board.

Funny because it used to be Josh Smith who got all the criticism but now people have conveniently switched it to Marvin and Shelden.

This was funny.

Walter and Diesel. The King and Queen of Marvin haters. Just look up the trade Marvin threads and I guarantee you at least 80% are by these two. There are only so many players in the league. Sooner or later they have to run out of fantasy trade options. wizard.gif

It's true, both LaMarcus and Roy have looked really good for the Blazers.

Just get something out of their mid lotto pick this year, teach Randolph to rebound and you got a playoff team. I really liked Portlands draft last year, they dominated draft day moves. Hopefully we can be this years portland.

I think what's most hilarious is that we thought we were a one man team. Our one man goes down, and the youngins, along with a washed up backup PG, go ahead and put together the best 6 game stretch of W's and L's this season.

Yet we're mad at Marvin for not doing more (though all his numbers are up over the same stretch), and people are still criticising Smith for not being a superstar yet.

WTF????

Look at the BIG PICTURE!

These guys continue to improve and play like a team. hopefully JJ is seeing what they can do, and upon his return he won't feel like he has to make every play out there.

It ain't perfect, but it's getting better, and our young players ahve a ton of room left to grow. Looks to me like they're gonna get there.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Walter and Diesel. The King and Queen of Marvin haters.

In the past, I have made it no secret that I really hate the pick of Marvin Williams because I felt that he would not be the right pick out of his draft. Recently, I have said nothing about Marvin. Yet you insist on calling my name to give your repetative Marvin love some credence??

Look Buzzard.

I could do what Walter is doing and I could go back in the archives and show you where everything that I have said about Marvin is true and everything that you said about Marvin is not true. There's no need. There's no need for us to cry about not getting Deron or Paul. So just Drop it. If you want to call out Walter for being repetative.. Do that, but leave my name out of it.

thumbsdown3d.gif

Quote:

MW's trade value is constantly diminishing and that we insist upon holding onto him through this.

Are you [censored] crazy, how is 20 year olds who has improved almost every month he has been in the league trade value diminishing?

His trade value can only go up, you just pulling staff out your ass now. My god you are sick!@ Get a life dude, go cut down trees or something.

nol2.gif

Guest Walter

Quote:

I indicated that at one time I thought: a) Aldridge was one of the more likely post options available to us (still is) & b) MW might just have enough value to entice Portland to trade Aldridge (given they have Randolph and could use a Sf). That is not the case now as MW's value continues to drop and Aldridge's continues to skyrocket.

Quote:

Funny because it used to be Josh Smith who got all the criticism

Not from me. Never from me. I've never criticized Josh Smith.

Quote:

but now people have conveniently switched it to Marvin and Shelden.

Rather than convenience it's appropriate. I never switched at all. I simply found both draft decisions to be equally terrible for different reasons. I'm cøncerned that hanging onto MW continues to hurt this franchise.

Quote:

I'm assuming you then admit they aren't panning out now. UNBELIEVABLE! You post an entire post about not bashing them and then you go off and insult them by insisting they "aren't panning out"! Maybe if they start "panning out" you'll quietly go and post against people posting against another player only to insult that player at the end yourself. That was enjoyable. Nothing like a some hyperbole on top of some veiled hypocracy. stirthepot.gif

W

You start a thread about Aldridge and then come up with more Marvin crap. I'm pretty certain Marvin is younger than LA and has put together a nice month in his own right...and in your view his value is plunging. Nice.

Listen up. He isn't being traded anywhere so his value to you is not relevant. You and Diesel must be some really bored and frustrated people. You think this discussion needs more debate? We all get it. You and Diesel hate Marvin. Is there anything else we need to know? Maybe we should have thrown him into the AJ deal just so you guys would STFU. Move on and come up with something relevant. Your wasting your time and everybody elses.

You can do better.