• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

OT: Falcons trade Schaub to Texans for 2nd rd pick

bumpyphish1

Yeah...notwithstanding the Vick/Schaub "question"...Petrino and company have decided on Vick. That being the case - why leave a nice piece of trade bait holding a clipboard for a year until he's an UFA. Get what you can for him. The NFL is a Win Now league - no 10 year plans.

We got an upgrade at the first pick plus a second (which is big) and a second next year (which will be big). Good work Falcons!

Second round picks in the NFL don't equate at all to 2nd rounders in the NBA. You can get some real talent in the 2nd round in football.

Well, at some point it will sink in that Michael Vick isn't a quarterback. After 6 years in the league, he hasn't developed a bit as a passer. The San Diego Chargers raped the Falcons on that deal. They got LaDainian Tomlinson and Drew Brees out of that deal. There is no doubt that Drew Brees is eons better as a quarterback than Michael Vick will ever be. Brees can actually read defenses and throw the ball. The Chargers got LaDainian Tomlinson to boot. Amazing!

The Falcons would be a much better team now if Ron Hill and Dan Reeves hadn't gotten stupid and traded the farm to get Michael Vick, the most overrated player I have ever seen in the NFL.

• Moderators

Quote:

Well, at some point it will sink in that Michael Vick isn't a quarterback. After 6 years in the league, he hasn't developed a bit as a passer. The San Diego Chargers raped the Falcons on that deal. They got LaDainian Tomlinson and Drew Brees out of that deal. There is no doubt that Drew Brees is eons better as a quarterback than Michael Vick will ever be. Brees can actually read defenses and throw the ball. The Chargers got LaDainian Tomlinson to boot. Amazing!

The Falcons would be a much better team now if Ron Hill and Dan Reeves hadn't gotten stupid and traded the farm to get Michael Vick, the most overrated player I have ever seen in the NFL.

How in the world did they get Brees "out of that deal"?

The Chargers took Brees with their own second round pick - not any pick from the Falcons. Indeed, Brees was not on the board with any pick they acquired from the Falcons except the one they used on Tomlinson.

That is just wrong.

• Premium Member

Quote:

After 6 years in the league, he hasn't developed a bit as a passer.

Obviously you didn't watch any games this season. Why do you think he had his best passing season in his first year starting? The system (West coast) had a lot to do with that, and people questioned if it was the right kind of offense for a quarterback like Vick, it was not.

Quote:

The San Diego Chargers raped the Falcons on that deal. They got LaDainian Tomlinson and Drew Brees out of that deal.

Drew Brees had nothing to do with the Vick trade.

Quote:

The Falcons would be a much better team now if Ron Hill and Dan Reeves hadn't gotten stupid and traded the farm to get Michael Vick

Actually we'd be much better if we hadn't fired Dan Reeves, a coach that Vick was comfortable with and proved very successful under. It wasn't Reeves fault that Vick went down for essentially the whole season. I don't see how they could have expected us to do better without him, because the year before Vick started we had a losing record anyway.

Quote:

Ok, others have proven that you are wrong about the trade. Since San Diego clearly won the trade according to your logic, how about telling me how many playoff games they have won since the trade? I mean the Chargers clearly raped the Falcons, right? LT is clearly a stud, but c'mon Reche Caldwell and Tim Dwight?

Quote:

Still haven't answered that question yet regarding the oline/wr combination, but I don't expect you to find an answer. The Falcons have failed Vick, just like they have failed nearly every qb they have acquired since the early 80's. Name another team that hasn't drafted an offensive lineman in the first round in the last 15 years? I defend Mike Vick, not only because he is talented, but because it has been the same story for 40 years with this pitiful franchise. Unfortunately in the city of Atlanta bad mgmt is par for the course, and unfortunately for Vick he will have wasted a promising career with the Atlanta Falcons.