• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What is there to look forward to next season??

Blunt91

Quote:

I do not see how you guys can be that optimistic about a team that is what 13-15 games under 500 in a weak conference. Even having JJ the team didn't function like a team so how is all this going to mesh together and become that powerhouse team everybody envisions. there are certainly alot of IFS and every IF has to become a strength. Looking at the lineup it goes:

1.Marvin - questionable if he will ever be a star until he proves himself he is a bust.

2.Smoove - Right now Smoove is a very good player still not elite status.

3.ZaZa - center can score but no defense

4.JJ - elite guard but having the ball so much does he hinder the Hawks and not play like a team.

5.?? - who know is it an unproven rookie or the mighty AJ whose a bench warmer on most teams.

6. Childress up and down which one do you get

Yes the team could make the playoffs and be a 500 team but how is that alot to look forward to? As mentioned earlier all the IFS have to fulfill there potential and I don't see it.

It would have been so much easier to TANK and have a real franchise player in DURANT or ODEN but the Gods have cursed us wanting us to lose the pick since the team can't even lose right.If you antitankers would think like us tankers maybe the GODS will chance there mind we lose enough games or luck out get a top 2 pick and durant or Oden is a hawk and we all can live happily ever after.
munching_out.gif

Yeah like it would have been real easy to just tank and land Durant or Oden. Like tanking is such an easy concept to sell. And like it's just so easy to win the lottery.

Please.

As far as what's to look forward to?

You say we're so many games under .500 but have you stopped to realize reasons why we're under .500?

And it's not because of lack of players with potential like Durant and Oden either.

First of all almost half of our losses have come to teams we should have beaten like teams missing their superstar or teams that quite frankly aren't good and that if we came out with intensity every night, we'd slaughter.

Some of that is coaching but A LOT of that is youth. We are not there mentally as far as wanting it every night no matter what team is on the floor like a Phoenix or Dallas. THose teams aren't just more talented than the rest of the league. They also don't take teams they are favored against for granted and they beat those teams by the margins theya re supposed to beat them.

With another year of maturity we can be closer to that level. Once again we have something to build off of.

We have moved in the right direction ever since our 13 win season. First we doubled our win total to 26 and now we've improved upon that.

That's not so unimpressive when you really ocnsider the circumstances that we have improved it under.

When you consider the fact that WE HAVEN'T BEEN HEALTHY ALL YEAR. All year 1-2 starters have been hurt. When it wasn't Marvin and Speedy, it was Josh Smith, and now it's our NBA All-star. And losing that star has given us even more optimism because it has removed all doubt who the #2 scorer on the team is. It's clearly Josh Smith and he's blossoming right before our eyes.

Josh Smith alone is reason to look forward to next year to see what type of numbers he could put up for a whole season playing the way he's playing right now. He's gaining confidence every day and every week he seems to get more consistent.

That's the difference between Amare Stoudemire and Josh Smith right now. Amare puts up those monster stat liens more consistently than Josh. Josh can get at that level. Sure getting an elite PG would help but he doesn't even need that. He just needs to keep working hard.

And I like his attitude about how he's approaching this off-season. Josh Smith said last off-season he worked on his jumpshot (which has paid off) and this off-season he's going to work on his ball handling and decision making in transition. These are areas that he is clearly weakest in and he said himself that these are his areas of concentration.

That right there shows you that he recognizes he's not there yet and he is willing to put in work to get there. You know what that means? That means he is on his way to stardom. Because not only does it take talent which he clearly has, but it takes work ethic to get better. He seems to have it.

Even though he's putting up career numbers he still noticed he has room for improvement.

Just thinking about that, how can you not look forward to next year.

Add the fact that JJ knows he doesn't have to shoulder the load with an improved Josh.

Add the fact that we may see Marvin blossom in his 3rd year like Josh did this season.

Add the fact that there is a great chance we could land someone solid like Acie Law with the Indy pick.

Add the fact taht SOlomon Jones could put on weight this off-season and become a true threat downlow on defense.

Add the fact that Shelden could get healthy and add more strength so he can finally have that big time strength like he did for his position in college.

When you consider all these things and how young and exciting this team is and still can be, these is no reason to not be ecstatic about next year.

But leave it to the most pessimistic city in all of sports to not be excited about one of the most promising young teams in sports.

You're so pessimistic you can't even see any of these things.

I hope your right Busboy but I do not show that optimistic approach. Its once again do you believe the players will fulfill there potential or will they never live up to it. I take one side of the fence you take another.

Will let it play out and see what happens but history isn't on the Hawks side!

Quote:

I hope your right Busboy but I do not show that optimistic approach. Its once again do you believe the players will fulfill there potential or will they never live up to it. I take one side of the fence you take another.

Will let it play out and see what happens but history isn't on the Hawks side!

I agree.

But we at least recognize the potential is there though right?

Well maybe not at PG. But for the most part the corp of this team def has potential.

The only argument is things like whether or not Josh Smith continues to blossom and whether or not Marvin Williams blossoms period.

I for one hope he does and I also hope we have enough common sense to draft a PG when there is pretty much guaranteed to be one there at Indy's pick with one of those freshman phenoms probably coming out along with Acie Law.

Im telling you if we get Law you will see optimism like you've never seen before.

I'll react like we just signed Chris Paul.

I wonder if Law is the distributor that the Hawks need a pass first shoot second point guard. I don't think he is Collison is a better fit but I agree Law has those intangibles you can't teach sort of reminds me of Brandon Roy of last year he is the center piece of the team.

The Hawk's have potential depends on what side of the fence your on to whether they realize it.I will say the chances are slim the Hawks even get a shot at Oden or Durant stranger things have happened. Whatever happens happens none of us can control it as far as the Hawks record.I see one way to build the team others see a different way. Eiter we all want the Hawks to flourish and be the envy of the NBA. I'd like to stick it to all the people(media and teams) who have walked on the Hawks like dog do do. Will see but I tihnk most of us agree BK and Woody need to go!

Quote:

I wonder if Law is the distributor that the Hawks need a pass first shoot second point guard. I don't think he is Collison is a better fit but I agree Law has those intangibles you can't teach sort of reminds me of Brandon Roy of last year he is the center piece of the team.

The Hawk's have potential depends on what side of the fence your on to whether they realize it.I will say the chances are slim the Hawks even get a shot at Oden or Durant stranger things have happened. Whatever happens happens none of us can control it as far as the Hawks record.I see one way to build the team others see a different way. Eiter we all want the Hawks to flourish and be the envy of the NBA. I'd like to stick it to all the people(media and teams) who have walked on the Hawks like dog do do. Will see but I tihnk most of us agree BK and Woody need to go!

A part of me says the Hawks are too unlucky to land Oden or Durant.

BUt another tells me that anything can happen and sooner or later odds have to be in your favor.

I mean look at the Boston Red Sox. They were "cursed" for 86 years before they finally got the monkey of their backs.

Maybe just maybe the "curse" for the Hawks could be broken and we finally get that break and land Oden or Durant.

But IMO, we can still live without them if we get that right PG.

I wasn't sold on Collison tonight but maybe that's because Im not appreciating his defense.

And it was just one game that I watched.

Im just worried that if he's defensive oriented it could be a problem in the pros when that could be nullified by the ticky tack fouls they call these days. But if he's a distributor then I guess it doesn't really matter.