• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We better not draft Josh McRoberts with our

capstone21

Guest Walter

Quote:

Indiana pick. He sucks and is so overrated.

He is a poor man's Luke Walton.

One Duke Pf every 10 years enough. Already burned once, although I think McRoberts will be better.

W

The first thing I thought of was "Billy Knight is probably positioning to get the #3 pick to get McRoberts." If McRoberts ends up a Hawk through the draft, I may cut my Atlanta ties. It just can't happen.

I'm intrigued by the idea, mentioned above, that we are fated to draft McRoberts because his name is Josh. That got me to thinking, and I now believe that six simple rules can explain or predict all of BK's past and future picks....

RULE ONE: Always draft as many 'Joshes' as you can, unless you can get a 'Boris.'

RULE TWO: If there are two players in any one draft with the last name 'Williams,' always draft the F you don't need rather than the PG you do need.

RULE THREE: Never draft a PG at all, unless you can get an undersized SG in the second round and force him to bring the ball up.

RULE FOUR: Always draft 6'8 SF's whenever possible, then try and make them play anywhere but SF.

RULE FIVE: When drafting a F, always draft either .... (1) an overrated guy from a prominant program (preferably Duke or UNC), someone who knows how to play but doesn't have the physical tools .... or (2) an overrated guy from a smaller program or high school, someone who has all the physical tools but doesn't know how to play.

RULE SIX: Only make a brilliant draft day trade for all-star Spanish big men if it hurts, and does not help, the Atlanta Hawks.

I think the above rules explain why BK chose Boris Diaw, Travis Hansen, Josh Childress, Josh Smith, Royal Ivey, Shelden Williams, Salim Stoudamire, and Solomon Jones with the Hawks; Stromile Swift, Shane Battier, and Pau Gasol with the Grizzlies; and Al Harrington with the Pacers.

Thus, by appying these rules, I think we can say with some certainty that we are drafting Josh McRoberts. (See Rules 1, 3, and 5(1).)

I've said that Calvin Johnson is the safest pick I've ever seen. He's almost bust-proof.

Josh McRoberts is the complete opposite. I've never seen a player with bust written all over him like McRoberts. He is going to be a huge flop in the next level. I mean huge flop.

His North Carolina counterpart is 1000 times better.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm intrigued by the idea, mentioned above, that we are fated to draft McRoberts because his name is Josh. That got me to thinking, and I now believe that six simple rules can explain or predict all of BK's past and future picks....

RULE ONE: Always draft as many 'Joshes' as you can, unless you can get a 'Boris.'

RULE TWO: If there are two players in any one draft with the last name 'Williams,' always draft the F you don't need rather than the PG you do need.

RULE THREE: Never draft a PG at all, unless you can get an undersized SG in the second round and force him to bring the ball up.

RULE FOUR: Always draft 6'8 SF's whenever possible, then try and make them play anywhere but SF.

RULE FIVE: When drafting a F, always draft either .... (1) an overrated guy from a prominant program (preferably Duke or UNC), someone who knows how to play but doesn't have the physical tools .... or (2) an overrated guy from a smaller program or high school, someone who has all the physical tools but doesn't know how to play.

RULE SIX: Only make a brilliant draft day trade for all-star Spanish big men if it hurts, and does not help, the Atlanta Hawks.

I think the above rules explain why BK chose Boris Diaw, Travis Hansen, Josh Childress, Josh Smith, Royal Ivey, Shelden Williams, Salim Stoudamire, and Solomon Jones with the Hawks; Stromile Swift, Shane Battier, and Pau Gasol with the Grizzlies; and Al Harrington with the Pacers.

Thus, by appying these rules, I think we can say with some certainty that we are drafting Josh McRoberts. (See Rules 1, 3, and 5(1).)

This should seriously be stickied at the top of every forum on this site. Great post. thumb3d.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Nah.

Knight is definitely going with:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/47471

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Nah.

Knight is definitely going with:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/47471

If only he was 6'8'' and played in the ACC in the state of Carolina. Sigh. wink.gif