• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks versus Trail Blazers

DJlaysitup

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Season is offically over now what a awful awful loss. Zaza taking the last shot of regulation why??? Thats the best play we could draw up Josh Smith was wide open. Marvin and SHelden showed how awful they really are. It looks like Alridge and ROy are gonna be superstars. Im noW convinced Shelden was a 100% an awful pick after seeing how good this Brandon Roy is. Bk needs to be fired for his pathetic drafting look how awesome the blazers young players look compared to ours esp Marvin and Shelden.

• Premium Member

But his minutes have been a bit choppy this season though. He showed a lot of promise in his rookie year. I refuse to believe that he somehow "regressed" between then and now. He is the the same guy who was the best shooter in college BBall as a senior a few years ago. He was also the definition of "clutch" during his time with Arizona. I know you dislike the guy, but at least give him his due.

salim has been playing better since he has been getting consistant minutes. woodson blew this game for us. it hurts to watch the youngsters play there ass off and to lose because of poor coaching. coaches are not suppose to lose games for there team. zaza had no bussiness taking the last shot of the game. zaza should not even have been in the game. he was getting beasted by magloire. i dont blame zaza for that i blame woody for not recognizing this in the later part of the game and making the proper corrections

• Premium Member

I hope our Marvin and Shellhead supporters will tell us how those guys are just GREAT after tonight's game. Roy is worth more than Marvin and Shellhead combined. What a GD disgrace Knight is as a general manager. chairs.gif

I don't care how Roy wouldn't have 'fit' on our team, he holds far more value in a trade than SW ever would. As I said before the draft, SW's skillset is what second rounders (like Solomon) and second-tier free agents are for, not the 5th pick of the draft. You simply don't promise a guy with a high-end draft pick without testing him out on a court to see if he's everything you thought he would be. Hopefully a new coach (and GM) will get Sheldon to play up to his ceiling, however low we think his ceiling is right now.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't care how Roy wouldn't have 'fit' on our team, he holds far more value in a trade than SW ever would. As I said before the draft, SW's skillset is what second rounders (like Solomon) and second-tier free agents are for, not the 5th pick of the draft. You simply don't promise a guy with a high-end draft pick without testing him out on a court to see if he's everything you thought he would be. Hopefully a new coach (and GM) will get Sheldon to play up to his ceiling, however low we think his ceiling is right now.

BK seems love "big" point guards. This was his chance to pick one up. To be honest, I think Roy could have started in the backcourt along with JJ. This was another blown draft. Hopefully we can do better with Indy's pick this offseason.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't care how Roy wouldn't have 'fit' on our team, he holds far more value in a trade than SW ever would.

This is probably the most ignorant thing you have uttered on this board. If you think Roy would have trade value sitting on the bench not playing, then you must be crazy. Remember, both Roy and Shelden were considered the most NBA ready players out of this past bench. The biggest difference is that Roy has had an opportunity to play and Shelden hasn't. Roy's value = High, Shelden's does not. If you change the roles around and Roy is on the bench... Roy's value would not be high. Like somebody said earlier, you can't be expected to make an impact on the game if you're only playing 5 mpg.

I believe once we change coaches and stop trying to make everybody so versatile that we forget about skillsets, there are going to be a lot of players that we see that we have who are pretty doggone good. Either that or we will trade these players away and watch them prosper elsewhere.