• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

After seeing the last few games Marvin & Smith can

SmooveTheFuture

These two guys IMO cant co exist they both wanna play the wing alone with Josh Childress. Theres no way these guys with Josh childress can co exist on this team they all wanna play the wing shoot jumpers slash. We need someone to post up because they all wanna do the same thing and thats not gonna work. I dont know who goes BUT I see this is as a big problem because they are all pretty much the same player on offense. BK has built this team with repetive players and this is hurting us right now we have no bangers/bruisers who wanna bang down in the post. SHelden was suppose to do this but he obviously sucks. A guy like Alridge would have helped this team so much because he is a guy that can play outside and inside. He can rebound and block shots and play solid D. Im afraid to say this but 1 or 2 of these guys gotta go this summer if we wanna be a good team. We have 4 guys in Joe Johnson, JOsh SMith, Josh Childress and Marvin WIlliams who all wanna do the same thing and IMO this isnt gonna work. What do you guya think.

• Premium Member

As I have said before, Smoove plays the 3... You can call him a 4, but the way he allows 4s to get position is indicative, the way he plays the wing is indicative.... He's a 3. We are missing the PF skillset on the squad that Woody puts on the floor.

LOL . . it's always a Smoove fan that tries to get rid of Marvin for whatever reason.

Marvin and Smoove can easily co-exist. They didn't have a problem co-existing the game before, when Smoove and Marvin led the team in points.

And you still need a bench. Childress is a very good guy to bring off the bench.

While I'll definitely agree that we need a low post scorer and a guy who can bang on defense, Smoove should be the one trying to serve that purpose on this team, not Marvin or Childress.

Marvin and Chill are better off playing the spot up jumper and slashing game. Both of them are more of the prototypical 3, than Smoove is. Smoove could benefit greatly, if he transform his game to have both inside and outside qualities. He could be a Rasheed Wallace type offensive player, if he works on his post game, and learns how to play position defense in the post.

The problem with trading one of the kids, is that you just don't trade them for some scrub "banger", just to balance out the team. And it's not like those teams are willing to give up those types of players willingly anyway.

I'm all for trading one of the kids in some package deal for a "star" player . . or a player who is very good at a need position. ( no . . guys like Luke Ridnour or Danny Fortson don't need to be in this discussion ). But you can't trade a player who could be a vital starter or bench player.

Good NBA teams not only have balance, they have DEPTH. Trading Marvin or Chill, may balance out the team, but it may not make it better because we might just lose some depth.

Best thing for this team is to tell Smoove to add 5 - 10 pounds to his frame, and be around the 250 lb mark at the start of next season. And send him to a big man's camp so that he can learn how to bang better. Make him watch tapes of Ben Wallace. Something.

If Smoove played closer to the basket, he could be a consistent 11 rpg guy, strictly off of his athletic ability. He's the guy that should be getting offensive rebounds and putbacks, after one of the guards or SF misses a shot.

LOL . . he was in foul trouble. He didn't take the night off. Woody made the decision to go with Salim, instead of having Marvin in the game, because Salim was red hot. That was Marvin's first bad game in almost 2 months.

It's funny. Anybody says anything remotely critical about Josh, and you Smoove fans come running to his defense. But you Smoove fans expect Marvin to be dang near perfect. How about viewing both guys with the same amount of objectivity?

The fact is that this is not a one-man team. And we don't have enough talent on this team to just arbitrarily just get rid of somebody. And all of these players are works in progress. Even JJ can significantly improve his game.

And both Smoove and Marvin need to be more consistent players. They don't have to be perfect, just consistent, and make better decisions.

Everyone always has an excuse to why Marvin did'nt play well. Foul Trouble is not one. Because Smoove, Solomon and Za-Za where all in foul trouble and they played hard and still contributed. For the number 2 pick he does'nt play like one.I expect alot out of Marvin Knight and Woody gave him the chance to start. And he needs to take advantage of it...

• Premium Member

If you haven't noticed, we play a lot of zone defense anyway. The point is that you should have a PF skillset on the floor somewhere... Somebody who knows how to keep opposing players away from their position before they get it. We lose matchups from the simple fact that we don't employ the right personnell with the right scheme. I don't have a problem with going to small ball but if you play small ball, you have to run!

• Premium Member

Quote:

While I'll definitely agree that we need a low post scorer and a guy who can bang on defense, Smoove should be the one trying to serve that purpose on this team, not Marvin or Childress.

This is the problem. Smoove doesn't want to or it seems as if he doesn't want to. Like a good shot blocker, he likes to roam and use his athleticism to block shots. Well, if he's playing the 3, that's fine... but at the 4, what happens more often than not is that he gives the opposing Pf room to catch the ball in the low post...sometimes too much room and they can score too easily. I understand that the reason why he gives that much room is to give him a little room to block shots without fouling, however, you have to put a body on a big and push them out of their spot. If Smoove is going to play 4, he needs to go to a big man camp!!!