• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chill has really stepped up his last 5 games

WraithSentinel

• Premium Member

Quote:

I love chill but he is the odd man out . Because I think we will hold on to Marvin, Because There's so much more he has got to offer this team . He just has to be more consistent...

Marvin brings a nice "looking" shooting stroke, but I'm still trying to understand what else he has to offer and why many on this board seem to think that he is untradeable. He's not that good of a rebounder or passer. He doesn't really stand out on defense either. I'm not hating on Marv, but Childress has shown a lot more during his time as a starter than Marv has. At least Childress does some other things besides score or "float" around the perimeter waiting to take his jumper. Childress has more of a complete game and he brings energy every night. Marv seems to have a lot of potential but he doesn't have the mindset to match. I really think Childress is a keeper.

Childress being odd man out would be retarded.

There is this thing called the 6th man which Josh Childress could be one of the best in the league.

I love when people say this team has no talent when we clearly have the talent and Josh Childress is another example of talent being completely overlooked.

No he may not be Iggy or Deng but given their minutes he can put up some respectable numbers.

No way should he be "odd man out"

Especially considering we can afford to keep him.

Quote:

Childress being odd man out would be retarded.

There is this thing called the 6th man which Josh Childress could be one of the best in the league.

I love when people say this team has no talent when we clearly have the talent and Josh Childress is another example of talent being completely overlooked.

No he may not be Iggy or Deng but given their minutes he can put up some respectable numbers.

No way should he be "odd man out"

Especially considering we can afford to keep him.

I believe Childress averages more minutes per game then Deng, and only 4 less then Iggy.

He is currently a better player then Marvin, without a doubt.

Quote:

I believe Childress averages more minutes per game then Deng, and only 4 less then Iggy.

He is currently a better player then Marvin, without a doubt.

I think it would be foolish to get rid of either one.

Childress is too good to be let go

And Marvin has too much potential to be let go.

It's not like we are broke.

We can afford to keep them so not keeping both for no reason would be ridiculous.

It would mean we basically said no to one of them to keep a player on the roster like TLue.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think it would be foolish to get rid of either one.

To "get rid of" either one would be a huge mistake. But trading for comparable, young talent? Not so much.

For example, Jack -for- Childress is a trade you have to consider, because Jack brings similar qualities at a more pressing position.

• Moderators

Quote:

I don't think they are easily tradable. Especially not Speedy. You will find it hard pressed to convince a 6 million per vet point guard to sit behind a 3rd year reserve point guard. Jack is basically Speedy from 5 years ago..A crafty backup pg with no outside shot.

The two he is saying are easily tradeable are Lue and AJ.

• Premium Member

Thanks, AHF.

My offseason plan would be this:

1.) "Convince" Speedy to retire.

2.) Trade Childress/Salim -for- Jack/Jones

Jack/AJ/Lue

JJ/Jones

Marvin

Smith/Shelden/Jones

Zaza/Wright

3.) Extend Josh Smith.

4.) Sign a veteran big man like Joe Smith to a one-year deal.

5.) Make a huge splash at the trading deadline, using some combination of the expiring contracts and the Indy pick (assuming the Pacers finish top10) to acquire a starter at the 5.

Quote:

Quote:

1.) "Convince" Speedy to retire.

mrHonline's committee looking to "convince" Speedy to retire:

crowbar1.jpg

I don't think Speedy would be too intimidated by those guys. In the interest of helping out MrH i think we should hire this guy...

xprs-hulk.jpg