• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Interesting comment about Jack from Sekou.....

MoonKnight

Quote:

Do you think Portland needs the Indy pick to make them interested in this deal because, IMO the Indy pick is much more valuable than retaining Salim. Even with my longstanding interest in obtaining Jack, it seems we might be giving up too much if we give both Marvin and Indy's pick for Jack and a pick likely in the 5 to 12 range.

Nope MN....and he's why. There are 5 - countem - basketball players. 1 or 2 reaaly good ones makes the deal.

We got 1...................JS

• Premium Member

Most Blazers' fans think see Webster as a SF, and most Hawks' fans *should* understand that Marvin is too much to give up for an average NBA PG.

Childress (who can play some SG) for Jack is a much better trade for both teams, and one I would endorse if they give me Knight's position.

smile.gif

Quote:

Most Blazers' fans think see Webster as a SF, and most Hawks' fans *should* understand that Marvin is too much to give up for an average NBA PG.

Childress (who can play some SG) for Jack is a much better trade for both teams, and one I would endorse if they give me Knight's position.

smile.gif

yeah...I disagree...but I would take it...hate to lose JC though.

(PS: I think I was arguing with a previous post) guitarist.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

If we could somehow finagle moving up the draft board as well, then I'd be...umm, 200% in favor of the trade?

I'm not sure if I'm in favor of moving up the draft board. That brings BK closer to Jeff Green, who he's rumored to be very high on. It would tempt BK to take another SF or PF, and I would stab myself if that happened. If the Indy pick is around #12 or so, hopefully the BPA will be a PG and thus a higher chance that BK will take one.

It's almost like I wish we had just gotten the #3 in the 05 draft, that way we'd have been stuck with Paul or Deron.

can you please read the entire post(s) before commenting on every single sentence? (he'll repond to that sentence now). portland would be getting a steal if we traded them Marvin instead of Chill.(another response post to this sentence).i would do a Chill straight up although I'd hate to see him go.

People are giving up on Marvin way too easily.

As much bashing as he's getting you'd think he had 10th string numbers.

But he's averaging 12 and 5 on the season and he's basically shown improvements just about every month of his career.

That 12 and 5 could very well be 15 and 6 at the ripe age of 21. And 17-20+ and 6-7 in a couple years from now.

How about let the man show some signs of regression or let his numbers stay stagnant before you toss him.

Fact remains that he is showing signs of IMPROVEMENT.

Sure he isn't raising his PPG and RPG by a whopping 5 per month, but the progression is clearly there.

GIve him an off-season to gain some more weight and refine his skills and see if he's as terrible as you make him out to be next year when like I said he could very well be a 15 and 6 guy.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin/Indy's pick for Jack/PTL's pick!

That would work if they would do it..........

(good thinkin D...that would give BK an out.)

However, just do it!

Preferably with JC IMO. As much of a risk MW is, we have to take risks as a franchise thanks to the horrible decisions made by BK.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Their Young guns could be:

Roy, Webster, Marvin, Zebo, and Aldridge...

Portland has been consistent. They stated they saw Roy as a future NBA Pg during summer-league and they say so now. The doubters just weren't smart enough or creative enough. Whoever would pick SW is just plain lame. Sorry guys, if you really wanted SW, you are lame. Face it and move on.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Their Young guns could be:

Roy, Webster, Marvin, Zebo, and Aldridge...

Portland has been consistent. They stated they saw Roy as a future NBA Pg during summer-league and they say so now. The doubters just weren't smart enough or creative enough. Whoever would pick SW is just plain lame. Sorry guys, if you really wanted SW, you are lame. Face it and move on.

W

Surely you should know by now that a few select Hawks fans know Roys game better than Portland management. If the Shelden oops i mean Hawks fans say Roy can't play the point that should be conclusive enough for everyone.

I read months ago on a portland board that they considered Roy a legit pg and they were looking to possibly trade Jack for a sf.

Quote:

And I am sure that Portland's record bears that out. Remember we thought JJ was a point as well.

Yet Portland's record is better then the Hawks and Roy is a rookie who is actually playing most of his minutes at shooting guard because of the presence of Jack and Sergio.

• Admin

Quote:

How about JC/Salim/Indy pick (currently 12...or future 1st) for Jack/Portland's pick (8)?

I would do that trade but we would have to take back Fred Jones or Dan Dikau to make Salaries work. I would love to have Jack here.