• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The OFFICIAL FAN REVOLT ON BILLY

A-town Hawks

Please take the time to read this VERY IMPORTANT mad.gif This is it. Last past years I have waited around just to watch billy knight make stupid decisions in buiding this team. Yes he got lucky with the Josh Smith pick. And got JJ (even though it took us 3 freakin picks). I am not going to watch him screw up this off-season. We need to make the playoffs this upcoming year. If we want to Smoove sign that extension happily he has to see were done losing. It's time for us to take action!!! Im not waiting around to see BK draft another Shelden with other good players still around. On the Hawks site there is a fan feedbak page where they encourage fans to email or call them. IF EVERYONE I MEAN EVERYONE WRITES AN EMAIL TO THE OWNERS JUST SAYING FIRE BILLY OR FIRE WOODY IT BECOMES A BIG STORY AND ONE OF THEM IS GONE!!!!! So lets do this! Get rid of Billy or Woody if you prefer Before this off-season starts! Look at toronto with a General Manager change there in the 4th seed in the playoffs! The only difference is that I think we don't need as many changes as they did. Go to web page Send an email or call. Watch it turn into a big story all over ESPN, See BILLY FIRED and watch the hawks soar into the playoffs next year baby!!!

• Moderators

The problem is the owners. There is no way to know if BK could have built a contender if he didn't have to trade players like Rasheed, JT, Walker, Harrington for nothing. You think he did that because he wanted to? We could have Darko/Arroyo but the franchise won't take on the money.

His draft picks may not be perfect but no GMs are. They aren't so bad that that alone would get him fired.

I agree with alot that you're saying mac daddy it also the owners faults but we can't get the owner fired. And the owners never influenced him in picking Shelden Williams without working him out did they. No, that was all the retardedness of Billy. So thats why we need to get rid of this guy before he make another dumb decision in the off-season that keeps out of the playoffs again.

The owners know already how the fans and the media feel about BK and Woodson. They are not in position right now to be firing anyone no matter how much they deserve it. If the ownership problems get solved before the offseason. Then BK and maybe Woodson will be fired. As far as it stand now. Everyone better be ready for another season of them running the show. This team bleeding money right now. They are losing it left and right.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The problem is the owners. There is no way to know if BK could have built a contender if he didn't have to trade players like Rasheed, JT, Walker, Harrington for nothing. You think he did that because he wanted to? We could have Darko/Arroyo but the franchise won't take on the money.

His draft picks may not be perfect but no GMs are. They aren't so bad that that alone would get him fired.

It amazes me how many BK defenders still exist. How is this possible? When have the owners EVER hoisted BK and not allowed him to do a deal?

Rasheed was an FA at seasons end! You REALLY think he would resign with the Hawks?! JT wanted out of town more than anyone, it was widely known, although I think BK could have gotten a MUCH better deal for him. BTW if it wasn't for trading Sheed, we wouldn't have Josh Smith (although we got lucky he fell). I'd MUCH rather have Josh Smith than Sheed.

He traded JT for Toine. TOINE! Why would we want to keep him anyway? Getting a 1st for Toine is a feat in itself, although it was like the most protected pick in the history of the NBA. And we got a pretty decent pick for Harrington.

Noone wants Arroyo, he is horrible. Go ask Orlando fans what they think of him. He's a shoot first PG that can't shoot. Darko is next to nothing also, unless you want to give him 50 million.

• Premium Member

KB21 is, either that or he's somehow a member of the Hawks organization. You'll see him completely change his opinion to defend BK with everything.

He wanted Roy before the draft more than anyone, and soon as he heard BK liked Shelden, he completely changed his tune on the subject.

Now he says that Roy is no PG and wouldn't help us out, and that Shelden was still the right pick, it's horrifying.

Guest Walter

Quote:

KB21 is, either that or he's somehow a member of the Hawks organization. You'll see him completely change his opinion to defend BK with everything.

He wanted Roy before the draft more than anyone, and soon as he heard BK liked Shelden, he completely changed his tune on the subject.

Now he says that Roy is no PG and wouldn't help us out, and that Shelden was still the right pick, it's horrifying.

He'll also photo-shop some pictures of Roy with small boys and SW standing next to Roy (sitting) to imply a height differential that really isn't there between a Pg and a Pf.

I have never in my life seen something so pathetic as KB. I've worked with troubled teenage boys and 500 lb patients. Neither rationalize and manipulate their way around the truth more.

W

You know, if the ownership situation gets resolved (as long as Belkin doesn't win), and the ASG decided to fire Billy Knight, there would be 15-20 potential GMs that would absolutely jump at the chance to inherit the talent that Billy has put into place. That's how it worked in Memphis. Jerry West jumped at the chance to inherit the talent that Billy had put into place, and after a few years, Jerry's bad decisions has run the Grizzlies franchise into the ground.

Of course, if Steve Belkin gains control, then ML Carr will be the GM and all of you morons that want Billy gone will get exactly what you are wishing for......The Hawks would go from having one of the most astute talent evaluators in the game to having the most incompetent GM that has ever carried that title.

Quote:

You know, if the ownership situation gets resolved (as long as Belkin doesn't win), and the ASG decided to fire Billy Knight, there would be 15-20 potential GMs that would absolutely jump at the chance to inherit the talent that Billy has put into place. That's how it worked in Memphis. Jerry West jumped at the chance to inherit the talent that Billy had put into place, and after a few years, Jerry's bad decisions has run the Grizzlies franchise into the ground.

Of course, if Steve Belkin gains control, then ML Carr will be the GM and all of you morons that want Billy gone will get exactly what you are wishing for......The Hawks would go from having one of the most astute talent evaluators in the game to having the most incompetent GM that has ever carried that title.

You always bring up this mythical "team" that BK put together in Memphis - but what exactly did he put together there? A team built around Gasol, Battier and Jason Williams is not a title contender. It is a fringe playoff team - and only was a fringe playoff team because West hired a decent coach and made a number of good acquisitions (trading for Miller and signing Posey (who had a career year that year)).

So again, BK didn't due anything in Memphis and the foundation he has laid in Atlanta has a lot of cracks (i.e., no starting caliber players at point or center).

• Premium Member

Quote:

all of you morons that want Billy gone will get exactly what you are wishing for......The Hawks would go from having
one of the most astute talent evaluators
in the game to having the most incompetent GM that has ever carried that title.

If by "astute" you mean horrible than you are 100% correct.

I don't think he is horrible. There are many GMs that wiff completely time after time. The only draft pick so far that has a chance at being a complete bust seems to be shelden, and he's still a rookie and will likely be a solid player for a long time.

Even in the case of a guy like Marvin that was probably his biggest miss, it's not like he drafted a complete dud. He just failed to draft the stud. Same with Chill to a lesser degree. He hit a homerun with Smith. Salim is great value where we got him, and Solomon is somewhat of a steal also.

There are GMs in the NBA that COMPLETELY blow it. I just find it hard to say that his drafting is horrible when our previous GM was babcock. Go look up his drafting record fairly and you will see that BK is infinitely better, not that that's saying much. The truth is that BK is a half decent talent evaluator who seems to have missed the studs with his most important picks but has also avoided complete busts. He saw the talent in JJ when most thought it wasn't there and he wasn't worth a max deal, let alone what we traded.

He also did a great job of giving us flexibility, then partly blew it by signing Speedy and Lo and failing to find the right trade. BK has probably screwed up enough that he would deserve to be fired if the lawsuit wasn't pending, but he isn't horrible. He'd leave the team in pretty good shape for a more competent GM to reshape and really do things with.

If BK goes soon he will go down as a guy who got us good young talent and budding stars in JJ and Smith, but who made a number of mistakes that have added up in the end, and failed to do what it took to get a PG or a C.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Of course, if Steve Belkin gains control, then ML Carr will be the GM and all of you morons that want Billy gone will get exactly what you are wishing for......

I get the feeling that if BK weren't here you would rather see worst case scenario occuring. It couldn't get much worse than the scenario we're in, mind you, but you love BK so much it would absolutely kill you many times over to see him fired.

KB, I know you don't believe it, but you do realize we were a team building through the draft so it was absolutely imperative to get our lottery picks correct. BK has drafted in the lottery worse than ANYONE could imagine a professional, much less an amateur, doing. There were only 3 players considered in each of the 2004 and 2005 drafts where we selected. Of the 3, BK ALWAYS GOT THE WORST ONE and failed to fill either a position of need or a harder to fill, bookend position like Pg or C. In 2006 he chose a player that wasn't even amongst the top 3 and STILL GOT THE WORST ONE, a player YOU VISCERALLY HATED until BK made the decision to promise to draft such a lame role player 5th.

So, BK has consistently gotten the least talented of the 3 (or in SW's case NOT) considered players in the lottery. So when you say:

Quote:

15-20 potential GMs that would absolutely jump at the chance to inherit the talent that Billy has put into place

You are:

1) WRONG, because "all the talent BK has put into place" is a product of all the capitol he had to put it in place with minus all the repeated, moronic errors he made picking the 3rd or worse option available to him in the lottery!

2) WRONG, because those same GMs see how horribly flawed BK has designed this team and how impossible it will be to translate originally poor draft selections at readily available, less important positions, all with diminishing value relative to what their pick status would indicate, into even similar talent at more important, more difficult to fill positions of need.

and

3) WRONG, because while this team has some talent in JS and JJ, it should have CONSIDERABLY more given it will have spent a #2, #5, #6, this year's likely #6, #17, #21 (Diaw), the Walker pick, a host of high 2nd rd picks, $25 million in cap space, and trades of big FAs like SAR/Theo, Al, and others and all we got out of it was this "I'm still in last place" T-shirt.

and

4) WRONG, because no GM wants to take on what would be a 35 win, then over the cap team with miserable mediocre draft picks. NOBODY wants to take over a team starting its adult swim in mediocrity!

Note: some of those may overlap...

We don't have the most valuable positional needs or skill sets filled, we don't have enough talent, particularly compared to our draft and cap capitol investment, and we don't have any way out without likely a total rebuild. No GM wants that, particularly after the way BK has ruined our faith in most any rebuild attempt. No GM wants THAT!

If they really wanted JS, perhaps the ONLY player a GM would salivate over IMO, they just try and sign him RIGHT NOW. No need to switch teams just to GM JS. He's available right now unless this franchise gets its act together. He'd be a fool not to consider his options given just how horrible the Hawk future might be thanks to, perhaps even with BK.

W