• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is there anyone not for tanking at this point?

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

Quote:

we're a better team with those younger guys on the floor, which pretty much defeats the whole idea of tanking.

I believe we play a two big lineup alot. Play Batista and SJ together. I see SJ as more a Pf anyhow. Play them together and see what they've got to offer inside. That would both serve to "tank" and "get the youngest guys experience while letting us guage their ability further". You can't tell me also defering to these players would win more games.

W

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Most people on this board were glad that Al was shut down towards the end of the season.

I guess you didn't know that Al tore his ACL when he was with the Pacers and had problems with it both seasons here.

And those problems conveniently flared up to the point of not being able to play ONLY once and with just games remaining. Interesting historical perspective there Ex.

W

That is just revisionist history. He had problems with it for two years. You don't wear a brace on a problem free knee.

Last year right before the trade deadline he went to have his knee checked out and there was a lot of speculation that he did it as a precursor to a trade. The thinking was that the team trading for him wanted to see how his repaired knee was holding up.

Unfortunately (i can't emphasize that word enough) he went on his own. He said the All-Star break did him good and afterwords was running much better.

It isn't unheard of for guys to wear out by the end of the year, especially if that had been through two major surgeries earlier in their career.

Guest Walter

Quote:

That is just revisionist history. He had problems with it for two years. You don't wear a brace on a problem free knee.

What particular incident happened that made a long-braced knee suddenly become cause for missing 8 games at the end of the season when he hadn't missed ANY games before or after that because of the same knee he continues to brace?

Was there an incident? No. It was called "Knee Tendonitis". Half the league over 25 plays with that! Hell, Harrington has been playing with it since.

Quote:

Atlanta on Thursday placed forward Al Harrington on the injured list with right knee tendinitis. Harrington sat out Atlanta’s most recent game on Tuesday night with the injury and will be sidelined for at least five games, although it is possible he will miss the rest of the season as the Hawks only have eight contests left.

The 25-year-old Harrington, who is the team’s leading scorer and rebounder, is averaging a career-high 17.5 points and seven boards this season...

Atlanta has lost 13 straight games and sports the worst record in the NBA (11-63).

Quit pretending we're stupid and quit being stupid yourself. Players ALL THE TIME play with knee tendonitis. ALL THE TIME!!! It's likely the most diagnosed condition in the NBA but nobody sits out for it. It's synonymous with runner's or Jummper's knee. What do you think basketball involves.

Please, EX. Your desire for morality and consistency can't be defended here by your apparent naivite or ignorance.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...emitic_remarks/

Quote:

Please, EX. Your desire for morality and consistency can't be defended here by your apparent naivite or ignorance.

YOu are being a retard.

Quote:

What particular incident happened that made a long-braced knee suddenly become cause for missing 8 games at the end of the season when he hadn't missed ANY games before or after that because of the same knee he continues to brace?

First of all the reason he wore the brace in the first place was because of the ACL tear. You didn't even know about that injury until i told you which shows how well informed you are. he also missed games at the end of last year because of that same knee. He has also noticably hobbling right before the All-Star break.

He wore a brace both years here.

Quote:

because of the same knee he continues to brace?

Really?

fullj_getty-71796602sd007_golden_st.jpg

You can shut up now.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

First of all the reason he wore the brace in the first place was because of the ACL tear. You didn't even know about that injury until i told you which shows how well informed you are. he also missed games at the end of last year because of that same knee.

Like hell he did! You're like KB rewriting history. He played 82 and 79 games the two years before! biggun.gif

http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile/459/al_harrington/

What games could he have missed the year before that didn't show up? Are you talking about the end of preseason or something. LOL.

He played 76 last year. Will play 78 this year. Al Harrington is almost an iron-man!!!

The ONLY year since his ACL surgery (which I did know about) that he's missed more than 7 games was when he was sat on at the season's end. Guess what? He missed more games at the end of the 2004-5 season (8) being sat on for "knee tendonitis" than he has missed in the 4 years after his ACL injury/surgery! TWICE as many forced games missed at the end of 2004-5 than he missed the season after ACL surgery and the next season!

Back to the fact that NOTHING happened in 2004-5! He'd been wearing the brace for a year and still playing. Nothing happened. WE SAT ON HIM! Tell me what happened. Did he get a new, more involved brace symbolizing a reinjury or need for more stability. NO! He wore the same GD brace he's worn during 79 and 82 games played seasons.

You can quit being so stupid now.

W

You have a tendency to have extreme reading difficulties when you are trying to back up a nonsensical argument. Let's look at my quote again.

Quote:

he also missed games at the end of last year because of that same knee.

Your response?

Quote:

Like hell he did! You're like KB rewriting history. He played 82 and 79 games the two years before!

How do you go from quoting my comment about last year and they talk about 3 and 4 years ago.

The fact is that Al DID miss games because of the knee last year, including at the end of the season. It is also a fact that Al wore a bigger brace his first year here than he did in the second year here. it is also a fact that he isn't wearing a brace now, which is apparently news to you.

Now since you seem to want to talk about 3 and 4 years ago, you should note that he played fewer minutes in a complementary role in Indy. He didn't get near the touches or the minutes that he did here.

Guest Walter

I thought by "last year" you meant the last year before 2004-2005.

Quote:

The fact is that Al DID miss games because of the knee last year, including at the end of the season.

He played 76 games and why does that suggest we weren't against moving up a little in the draft last year as well?

No doubt, had we been in playoff contention Al wouldn't have missed these games over "knee tendonitis".

W

Quote:

He played 76 games and why does that suggest we weren't against moving up a little in the draft last year as well?

You see a tank conspiracy in everything any team does apparently.

If they really wanted to tank why didn't they just sit Al for all of the games in april? Or they could have done it with JJ.

Next thing you will be saying that since the Hawks are wearing their gold road unis tonight that is a sign they are tanking.