• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I feel guilty for posting: latest from Levenson

ATL_BALLER

• Premium Member

I agree about the price, but I don't think you can say that Speedy is not a distributor...

While healthy here for a stint, he was over 8 apg.

I think you would have a better argument just citing that Craig is overpaid for a guy with his injury history... but to that, Bruce will tell you and I will agree, that if Speedy comes back healthy next year, you get a distributor as well as probably the best on-ball defender playing at the PG position in the league.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I actually heard from people inside the team that it was a split owner decision and front office personnel decision between Deron and Marvin and Knight eventually went with Marvin and conn(vince)d the others into agreeing with him.

• Premium Member

Well, I rememeber reading Belkin just kiss Marvin's arse all over the place after his workout that some called a bad one. It made me believe that Belkin was a pro-Marvin kind of guy. Then later after the split, it was revealed that there were two camps during the draft..(I could have sworn they said Paul and Marvin)... and Maybe BK did connnvince them to go with Marvin, but My point is that Levenson's lack of defense (the same way he defended Chillz and Shelden) suggests to me that maybe Marvin was not his pick.

You know they always say "he who holds the money makes the rules"...

• Premium Member

I think the only difference between Speedy and those guys is that those guys can hit wide open shots. Remember, Speedy was stuck in our pick and roll, handoff offense. Speedy (as the name suggest) would do much better in an open, running offense that BK has built this team for...

We will see BK or some GM bring in a coach who knows how to teach defense integrated with pushing the ball and we will see a totally different team. Especially if Speedy and the rest of the guys are healthy.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

you know, i don't know why some people spend so much time and focus on targeting the Childress pick...it's not like Chill is so much worse than those other players...at best, maybe they're just a little bit better....so what? 3 players all drafted around the same time...all pretty much with the same level of talent and the one we got MAY not be quite as good as the other two but pretty close..

i can understand the complaining about the Marvin pick and even the Shelden pick but the Childress pick is just nitpicking.

Deng averages 6 more ppg than Childress. He is much bigger and also faster. That isn't a small difference. Just recently Deng scored 38 pt and only 2 were at the foul line. Childress will never do that.

Also remember that before JJ they believe Childress was a 2. If they had drafted Deng, who is clearly a 3 (and a very good one) there is a better chance that BK would have passed on Marvin.

Exactly. We could have Deng and Smoove and then nabbed Deron instead of Marvin. Good times for all Hawks fans...sigh.

That may not be necessarily true. If Deng goes before Childress, Chicago may have elected to pick Smoove or Iguodala, or maybe Philly picks Smoove instead of Iguodala. Remember that Smoove was projected for a while as a top 5 pick, he slid to us at 17. That is why you can't dwell on hindsight, because you just don't know.

• Premium Member

Bruce's response sounds JUST like how KB21 speaks on behalf of all the BK picks/acquisitions. And also to the extent that he defends Woodson.

I've said this for awhile, but KB is a member of the Hawks organization in some way.

Guest Walter

Quote:

That may not be necessarily true. If Deng goes before Childress, Chicago may have elected to pick Smoove or Iguodala, or maybe Philly picks Smoove instead of Iguodala. Remember that Smoove was projected for a while as a top 5 pick, he slid to us at 17. That is why you can't dwell on hindsight, because you just don't know.

Who knows how the draft turns out then if you want to get into ridiculous hypotheticals. Jefferson might have fallen. I love JS but I'd rather have Jefferson/Deng.

W

• Premium Member

You also need to add in all that stuff I posted about Marvin that were facts PREDRAFT. Losing HS record, choked in big games at UNC, didn't start, only scored 11 ppg, we had 3 1st round SFs and Al Harrington on the team, Marvin came to his Hawks workout out of shape, was the #10 HS prospect just the year before (BEHIND Josh Smith), and doesn't even LIKE to watch NBA on tv. How can you expect someone like that to be the savior?

It does kind of sound like he admitted mistakes were made in the 04 and 05 drafts though when he said..

"Would I love Derron or Iggy on our team. You bet. Do I love having Smoove, Joe, Chill, Marvin, and Za as the youngest core five in the NBA -- ABSOLUTELY."

It was kind of suttle, but he pretty much admits fault without really defending it.

Also in your response to him, you only stated we had Chill and Al at SF, you should've also said Smoove, Diaw and a high 2nd in Donta.

About Shelden, Bruce said that he's played injured this year, and don't judge him after one season. You should ask him, where is Shelden EVER going to get minutes on this roster? Is he going to play over Marvin or Smith? That's not happening since Marvin was #2 and Smith is now a legit player in this league. Where is Shelden's future with this team, I would like to know.

Keep in mind I'm not bashing your response, I'm just knitpicking, you still hit pretty much everything on point.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I love JS but I'd rather have Jefferson/Deng.

Can't agree there. The only thing Jefferson is better at than Smith is rebounding and posting up. He's not a good defensive player, can't pass, and has nowhere near the package that Smith has. Deng is only better at scoring, and he has a good PG in Hinrich to help him out.

Deng's shots: 71% assisted.

Smith: 59% assisted.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

I love JS but I'd rather have Jefferson/Deng.

Can't agree there. The only thing Jefferson is better at than Smith is rebounding and posting up. He's not a good defensive player, can't pass, and has nowhere near the package that Smith has. Deng is only better at scoring, and he has a good PG in Hinrich to help him out.

Deng's shots: 71% assisted.

Smith: 59% assisted.

I'd still rather have Jefferson AND Deng than JS AND Childress. That rebounding and post game is a pretty significant amount of the game.

Of course, I'd rather have Deng and JS, but it was a wild hypothetical.

W

hell, their the bilionaire's, if they want to keep them then they'll keep them. there isn't a law saying you can't keep your own players. also, trading him isn't going to solve the salary because we are going to have o take back salary. if we trade for someone like jarrett jack, we are still going to have to pay him and he is still going to ask for money. either way we are going to increase payroll next season. if the owners want to spend their money on another player then they are going to do it. but if what he says is true and they really want smith, marvin, and chill on the team then they are going to keep them. there are other ways to get a point. we'll find him.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I think it is very curious that he responds to emails. has to be the true fan in him. Respect that. Sure he has plenty else to keep him busy. Wonder if he cruises HS at all?

In his response to my email he says he frequently does. He's a business-fan.

W