• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Id rather have the 2nd pick, not #1

NJHAWK

• Moderators

Quote:

BTW...

You get an opportunity to draft Pau Gasol or Yao Ming. Niether could make a workout.. Do you pass on them because Jason Williams or Shane Battier comes into your workout and does an awesome Job?

As a Kentucky guy do I pass up big and more highly regarded players for shorter and less highly regarded players from Duke? Umm...no.

However, I am not in as good of a position to evaluate the player as I would be after an individual workout.

Why do you think the NFL does extensive workouts and testing even when they have a minimum of 3 years of college games to evaluate? Because they can make a better decision with the benefit of those individual workouts.

Don't try to twist what I am saying here. I am not saying that an individual workout is the last word in evaluating a player.

I am saying you are a fool if you pass up the chance to work someone out for all the reasons I've said, though. Just like you would be a fool not to (1) evaluate all the game tape you could find on a player and (2) interview that player prior to the draft (unless there is a real issue with tipping people off which is more of an NFL issue than an NBA one).

Quote:

For two reasons. #1. The pressure to take Oden will be super. Billy Knight would almost have to take him and he will prolly be at best a skinny Eric Dampier. #2. When this happens ( Durant thrives while Oden Flops or just doesnt become a star} most of you will jump all over Billy for not taking Durant and say all along that you wanted Durant, even though you wanted Oden. thanx

Is this a serious post?

If it's a joke well it's hilarious.

If it's serious then you probably don't keep up with basketball.

Interior defense is the key to winning championships and it's also our biggest weakness.

Interior defense is Greg Oden's biggest strength. He's as polished as Shelden Williams was defensively but the difference is he's 7 feet tall with much more athleticism making him a defensive freak of nature with Bill Russell potential on that end of the floor.

Eric Dampier? That is probably the worst comparison I've ever heard. YOu could have at least said some defensive big who's a stiff. Dampier?

What a joke.

Durant will fill up a stat line and will be sick in fantasy basketball but a defensive big is far greater and harder to find than what Durant brings to the table. There's a Kevin Durant in every draft.

Quote:

i agree....same people complaining we picked Marvin (talent) over Paul (need) now want us to do the exact same thing i picking Durant over Oden.

Atlanta would burn again if BK drafted Durant over Oden.

Well to be honest I would be so thrilled that something lucky finally happened to this team that as long as we didn't pick Julian Wright I'd be happy.

Durant could be sick on this team if we became a running team.

Imagine JJ, Smoove, Marvin, and Durant on a break.

We couldn't go wrong with either pick.

Now I see why so many people wanted to tank.

Man only if the basketball gods just let us catch a break just once. Just once and we would be contenders as early as next year.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Oden

Gasol

Smoove

JJ

PG (Conley?, Law? Lawson?)

Maybe AJ at the 2 some. Maybe Jeremy Richardson BU Smoove at the 3. We'd make it work. Awesome lineup.

W