• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is nerve racking

capstone21

• Admin

Indiana is .5 game out of 10th spot and Atlanta is .5 out of 3rd.

With are weak schedule to finish I see us winning 2 - 3 more games. We can still even finish ahead of Philly as well as Charlotte.

We are this close to not having any draft picks at all this off season. Why couldn't it have been last year when the draft was so weak. frown.gif

I wish the season was over today. Indiana has won 2 of their last 16 games. At least they are still in the playoff hunt. That means they will still keep trying to win. We need their pick.

I hate to be negative but it seems our Hawks are just doomed for eternity! I have no doubt we will end up with no pick in this draft. It's just the way things have gone for this franchise. I pray we can at least keep the Indy Pick but that is even looking dim right now with they are playing. O'neal is probably out the rest of the year with knee and ankle problems.

Quote:

I hate to be negative but it seems our Hawks are just doomed for eternity! I have no doubt we will end up with no pick in this draft. It's just the way things have gone for this franchise. I pray we can at least keep the Indy Pick but that is even looking dim right now with they are playing. O'neal is probably out the rest of the year with knee and ankle problems.

The Hawks are not doomed for eternity - rather they are only doomed for as long as they have crappy owners.

Well think about it like this. If we get no picks we have 7 million in cap room and our young players are a year older. We spend some money and pick up a Joe Smith, and we go into next year with

Speedy/Lue

JJ/Childress/Salim

Marvin

Smoove/Shelden

Zaza/JSmith

That can be a playoff team if the youth grows and we stay healthy.

This is making me insane. I really believe the most likely scenario here is that the Suns get the 4th pick and Indy gets the 10th pick...and we'll just sit there and wonder how it's possible to be so unlucky.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I just don't trust the Hawks enough to lose the rest of their games, and I think the Pacers are either incapable of winning or else they're tanking on purpose, and if they are, they will probably actually do it right and keep their pick.

Basically, what we really needed was top 5 protection on the Suns pick and top 8 protection on the Indy pick...then we would be in great position right about now.

Johnny, at least you talk with some sense. We need to change some things, but it's far from the end of the world if we don't get either of those picks in the draft.

LOL @ these other guys, worrying where the Hawks will finish.

If we finish 3rd, we have an 84.4% chance of NOT getting that #1 pick. If we finish 5th, which is where we are now, we have a 91.2% chance of NOT getting the pick. In either case, the odds are very much against us not getting that pick. So why even worry about where we finish? You cheer for young guys playing their azz off, only to come up short, just so they possibly get another player to help them? I'm sure Marvin and Chill will be all smiles, if the Hawks land the #2 pick, and the Hawks take Durant . . possibly making both players obsolete for our future.

LOL . . it's not like you can MAKE the Hawks lose. Hell, they're in such disarray right now, that they're losing, despite playing hard. And you clowns CHEER for that ish?

You know what the NIGHTMARE scenario is for the Hawks in regards to the draft?

That we indeed do finish with the 3rd worst record, and Indy finishes with the 11th worst record. And all of you will talk for WEEKS about how we're going to get 2 lottery picks out of the deal.

Then the absurd comments about the Hawks will dominate the East next year, and possibly be playing for a championship in 2009. I say that because this is what you guys do. You're either all the way negative, or way too positive. There is no middle ground about the progression of this team. We're either the worst team in the NBA when we lose . . or we don't need JJ when we win.

Then on May 22nd, the commish counts down the teams, in reverse order, of who will pick where in the lottery.

"The 14th pick in the 2007 NBA draft . . the LA Clippers

the 13th pick . . . . . . . . . . . . . . the New Orleans Hornets

the 12th pick . . . . . . . . . . . . . . the Sacramento Kings"

Then when the commish gets to the 11th pick, and SHOULD say the name of the Pacers, he says this instead . .

"The 11th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, goes to the New York Knicks."

THAT'S WHEN YOU NEED TO WORRY!! Because it'll be at that time that you'll know that there is a distinct possiblity that we're going to lose both picks.

Now, you're hoping that by the time the commish gets to #4, that he doesn't say this . .

"The 4th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, goes to the Phoenix Suns."

Then Indy will get pick #3.

At least the anti-tankers on this board have the HEART and GUTS to live with the possiblity of this exact team coming back, minus a few insignficant players. We're the ones that live in reality. Not the fantasy world that wants to see the Hawks lose 9 of their final 10 games, just to up some lottery percentage that has proven over the years to be a total crap shoot in the first place.

The pro-tank crowd better come to the realization that this team may NOT get a player in the draft, that will upgrade us next year. I'd much rather see your opinions on what the team can do next year to bring in good/better players, than to toss a penny into the wishing well, and make wishes.

But I guess you guys have no hope, and need to hope for something for the next 6 weeks.

LOL . . it'll be hilarious if a guy like Oden, who actually LIKES TO LEARN, doesn't come out becuse he feels that his NBA game isn't ready yet. That kid has said plenty of times that he wants to be GREAT. What he does against Hibbert, may very well determine what he'll do/say about committing to the NBA draft in a few weeks.

Quote:

Were really not unlucky at all. We just have a lousy GM who does stupid things. I guarantee you if BK had one testicle in his sack, which he clearly doesn't, he could have held out for an unprotected pick from Indy.

As in the JJ deal, he caved.

But I can understand why we caved in.

We would have been screwed if those teams weren't bluffing.

Guest Walter

Quote:

If we finish 3rd, we have an 84.4% chance of NOT getting that #1 pick. If we finish 5th, which is where we are now, we have a 91.2% chance of NOT getting
the pick

...of you not looking so GD silly.

It's not "THE pick", it's THREE picks and if we finish 3rd there is nearly a 50% chance we get a top 3 pick.

Instead you want a 100% chance of this team NOT IMPROVING SIGNIFICANTLTY as you offer NOTHING to suggest this team will get any better next year without a top 3 pick. Are you even watching the same team. We try to win and finish 4th worst. Are you going to complain about a plan WHEN YOU HAVE NONE!

W

Quote:

...of you not looking so GD silly.

It's not "THE pick", it's THREE picks and if we finish 3rd there is nearly a 50% chance we get a top 3 pick.

Instead you want a 100% chance of this team NOT IMPROVING SIGNIFICANTLTY as you offer NOTHING to suggest this team will get any better next year without a top 3 pick. Are you even watching the same team. We try to win and finish 4th worst. Are you going to complain about a plan WHEN YOU HAVE NONE!

W

That's true. We don't necessarily have to have the first pick.

A top three pick period would be amazing.

Do you know the exact odds BTW?

Because all I can find is last year's odds which are off because we tied with Charlotte.

Quote:

..A top three pick period would be amazing.

Because all I can find is last year's odds which are off because we tied with Charlotte.

I don't know the odds exactly...but I think it's around 42% for a 4th worst (to get 1-2-3). If you ever play poker you know that anything within 40-60 is called a "coin flip"

Let's flip Baby. What do we have to lose?

Guest Walter

Quote:

...47-49% of a top 3 pick. I know this but don't know where. Seared in my psyche though.

W