• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Bulls

exodus

Guest Walter

Quote:

Since you obviously haven't noticed Salim has been outplaying Lue by a mile lately.

Lue is valuable when he is healthy and in shape, which he hasn't been since december.

However, Salim isn't a Pg. Let him "outplay" Lue as long as he's making his usually Pging errors and not being leader.

Also, I don't mind Salim doing well. If suddenly we found out Salim could play Pg despite all the evidence to the contrary, great.

W

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

Why diss Shelden when he hardly played? I swear, it's like some of you guys actively root against players, instead of wanting them to get better. LOL . . you tankers should actually WANT Shelden to play as much as possible, if he's so bad.

Because SW doesn't deserve the minutes even according to Woody (who it would seem by all accounts wanted him). That should say TONS about SW's propsects in this league and should give you pause when defending his prospects.

W

Quote:

The sad part is the Hawks are trying to win and still have no leaders at crunch time.Yes I want us to tank thats a given and I don't want anyojne stepping to kill our chances but if you flip the coin who are the leaders that are making the big shots? NO one. JJ is the only one which doesn't bode well for the future.

We need a Durant or Oden in the worst way. This current bunch is not going to develop cruch time players.You are or you aren't and the Hawks are badly assembled. Thanks to BK what a frickin joke of a GM!

Then again Scout, you have to realize that JJ actually creates a lot of opportunities for these kids to make big shots. His presence on the floor is sorely missed at the end of games. Smoove and a healthy Lue have all hit big shots . . off JJ assists . . in the past. The same would be true now, if JJ were playing.

That's just what happens when your best player and possibly your best playmaker on the team, isn't able to play.

Quote:

Why diss Shelden when he hardly played? I swear, it's like some of you guys actively root against players, instead of wanting them to get better. LOL . . you tankers should actually WANT Shelden to play as much as possible, if he's so bad.

If shelden cant get minutes on a team as bad as the hawks are now. That has to tell you he is clearly not good enough to be out there. Solomon Jones our 2nd rounder is out playing the 5th overall pick. Shelden was a reach/bust pick no way around it.

Ex, I missed the game but followed along the play by play.

What about the way Marv was playing was annoying you? Too many jumpshots and not aggressive enough in general?

Also, it seemed like he played well in the 4th. Were we in the game, or was it garbage time?

Statistically looks like a good one, 16 and 8, not a great night shooting but not bad either, obviously stats don't tell the whole story.

Quote:

Marvin should be sent to the NBDL, Until he learns that on most nights, He has the advantage against the guy who is guarding him. Drive the ball please...........

According to you than Smoove should be in NBDL at the start of the season for his horrible play, but you never said that.

Get A Life, other than Joe Smoove has been the most consistent player on this team, Marvin has shown me nothing to think that he will be a great player in this league, He has the talent to dominate ,but he has'nt yet and he probally will never do it, If he just shoots jumpers the entire game.......

Quote:

Ex, I missed the game but followed along the play by play.

What about the way Marv was playing was annoying you? Too many jumpshots and not aggressive enough in general?

Also, it seemed like he played well in the 4th. Were we in the game, or was it garbage time?

Statistically looks like a good one, 16 and 8, not a great night shooting but not bad either, obviously stats don't tell the whole story.

He just isn't showing any moves at all. he either takes the open jumpers (missing too often) or tries to drive and hopes to get bailed out by the refs. I just don't see him making anything happen. He gets some cheap points that make his statline look decent but he isn't showing me anything.

Smith is just the opposit. He is always looking to make things happen. He can't dribble as well as marvin but you would never know it since he is much more successfull beating his man off the dribble.

Quote:

Quote:

Since you obviously haven't noticed Salim has been outplaying Lue by a mile lately.

Lue is valuable when he is healthy and in shape, which he hasn't been since december.

However, Salim isn't a Pg. Let him "outplay" Lue as long as he's making his usually Pging errors and not being leader.

Also, I don't mind Salim doing well. If suddenly we found out Salim could play Pg despite all the evidence to the contrary, great.

W

The thing is Lue hasn't been playing like a pg lately. I don't remember seeing a pg fall down so often with the ball. I have been probably his biggest defender on the board but lately i have felt like smacking him.

One thing that was very apparent to me today was that Josh's frustration is starting to boil over.

Josh is generally very stoic, but he was visibly upset several times today, especially with Zaza. I was too...Zaza's pathetic lack of defense and several lazy passes on the offensive end got to Smoove.

I hope this isn't damaging his desire to remain with this team...

...of course, some would lead you to believe that morale is not an important thing.

Guest Walter

Quote:

One thing that was very apparent to me today was that Josh's frustration is starting to boil over.

No wonder. They are being KILLED in these loses.

Quote:

Josh is generally very stoic, but he was visibly upset several times today, especially with Zaza. I was too...Zaza's pathetic lack of defense and several lazy passes on the offensive end got to Smoove.

...of course, some would lead you to believe that morale is not an important thing.

LONG-TERM morale is most important for a 30 win team. The players have to believe that "next year will be significantly better" or "we'll get the help we need". When a guy like JJ is calling out the team and begging for Gasol at the deadline it indicates he has neither the morale for next year or the confidence that anything will get done to provide for said "morale".

Anyone can endure a short period of strife if they perceive a good end to it. Just like JJ, JS must be starting realize that this franchise doesn't have the player/draft capital thanks to BK or the will if not the money thanks to the ownership fiasco to make remaining a Hawk tolerable much less ideal.

We need luck.

W

Quote:

THis is the #1 reason I was anti-tank.

I thought that ending on a positive note could help us out next year.

But more than anything, I was worried about not retaining Josh Smith.

You can celebrate a chance at getting a Durant or Oden all you want but Im willing to say if it cost us Josh Smith, then it wouldn't be worth it.

I don't care if we don't get ANY draft pick, as long as we keep Smoove we have a chance in the future.

JJ, Smoove, Marvin, Solo, that's a bright future.