• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woody's On A Rampage!

clrumph

In the past few weeks he's publicly called out:

1) Shelden - not doing "what they drafted him to do"

2) J-Smoove, J-Chill, and Marvin - not playing defense and not playing hard enough all the time

3) Craig Claxton - his recent "soul searching" comment

4) BK - implying indirectly that basically it would be nice to have a starting caliber PG on the team (and we all know who's responsible for not getting one in the last 4 years)

I really think either he is feeling a lot of pressure right now and he's looking to save his job, or he might already know that he's done so he's going to start mouthing off before he's kicked out the door.

Either way let's hope that he's gone sooner than later.

I would rather have BK gone than Woody at this point. No one is going to win with this team as it currently stands. We have NO PG worth a damn on this team. Three veterans that can't stay healthy and are average at best. BK is the one we need to get out the door before Woody.

Larry Brown used to do this, and IMO, this was what made him a hypocrite. Since coaches don't want players criticizing them through the media, it is only fair that the coaches not do it to the players. I bet these stunts aren't helping Woody's credibility with his players.

• Moderators

I disagree. I'd much rather Woody be gone than BK. Levenson was giving all this credit to Woody for how great Smoove is becoming but what about Marvin, Salim, Solomon, Batista. We have Batista and Slava under contract yet they never play while we get killed inside. We have a sleeper 2nd round pick in Solomon Jones who plays well almost everytime he plays but still rarely gets on the floor as we lose game after game. Salim has shown good improvement in attitude, ball-handling, decision making yet he could barely find minutes. I don't think BK signed these guys so they would not play.

• Admin

I'm not exactly sure why you included Marvin in there. Marvin is doing just fine as a player. His talent and upside should be appreciated by all rather than belittled because 1. He's not a PG or 2. He's not developing at the unrealistic pace that arm chair GM's feel he should.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Nah, Woody is bad, but BK is worse.

On a scale of 1-10, BK is about a -30. Woody is at least a 1.

I hate it when patients go off the 1-10 pain scale, but in this case BK's

FEMA-like incompetence forces me to break all the rules.

Billy Knight is the Mike Brown of NBA GMs.

W

• Moderators

I'm ok with Marvin and wasn't implying that he isn't developing, but if you are going to point to player development as Woody's strongest point I think most would agree that Marvin's development isn't exceptional at this point. In other words, I think most around the league would say the jury is still out but they expected more.

Quote:

I'm ok with Marvin and wasn't implying that he isn't developing, but if you are going to point to player development as Woody's strongest point I think most would agree that Marvin's development isn't exceptional at this point. In other words, I think most around the league would say the jury is still out but they expected more.

Well put. And I would add to it that soem would argue that Marvin's development looks like not much more than what a guy his age might do without any help at all, just on his own volition.

I don't see him playing and think to myself, "wow, this coaching staff is really teaching him how to play the game". His performance has been marked almost exclusively by the level of purpose that he plays with. When he's aggressive and plays hard, he's effective. When he doesn't he's invisible.

I don't see how the coaches are doing anything in particular to utilize his strengths. Maybe they're trying and he's not executing, but it's impossible to know the difference.

I don't see why people are killing BK? Even if we drafted Chris Paul, he would have been on the bench playing behind Ty Lue if we go by Woody's track record. Brandon Roy would have been a third string 2 guard behind JJ and Chillz. We would still suck. Give this same team to Stan Van Gundy and we are at 40 wins right now.

• Admin

Whatever it is, it doesn't appear to be any different than whatever program they had Josh Smith on. Last year people said the same things about him and this year they're all jumping in line to say "see, I told you so". Marvin will be no different. Maybe it's a lack of coaching and development, or maybe they're just young guys who need the experience to go along with practice.

Quote:

Whatever it is, it doesn't appear to be any different than whatever program they had Josh Smith on. Last year people said the same things about him and this year they're all jumping in line to say "see, I told you so". Marvin will be no different. Maybe it's a lack of coaching and development, or maybe they're just young guys who need the experience to go along with practice.

My guess is that these young guys are improving despite the horrible coaching.

Guest Walter

Quote:

For the record I have never been critical of JS, always patient (but not having to be too patient) as I saw his upside as worthy of wait. I've always considered him BY FAR our best prospect. I don't know who specifically you are refering to chillz, but I don't even recall the majority ever expressing JS wasn't progressing well. Your accusations have been very general and very wrong of late. Even the accusation against Diesel flip/flopping on MW. Totally off-base. Somethig is getting the considerable better of you.

W

Well I admit Bk didn't draft players for Woody's style of play but there is this thing called ADJUSTMENT.

Kind of like the Falcons who brought in Mora and company who ran a WCO.

Well when the pieces you have there aren't fit for that offense, you ADJUST and build an offense around those players.

It's blatantly obvious this team is built to run yet we put them in a half court offense relying heavily on ability to shoot which is not exactly putting them in the best place to succeed.

I would feel sorry for Woody if he had enough sense to play Solomon and Salim. It's little things like those guys not getting minutes that drive me crazy.

News Flash!! The run for the playoffs is over!!

Someone should inform our coach. It's finished. It ain't

going to happen. Forget it.

Also, how many games have we observed that the Hawks were

loosing the game - not a snowball's chance in August in

Atlanta of it happening - Several minutes left in the game-

What happens? Check the box score for a clue.

DNP - Coaches decision.

Why? Why? Why? pillepalle.gif

No chance to win - Minutes left on the clock - Players on

the bench who just sit there, getting NO playing time.

If the game is on the line - The last few minutes

determine whether there is a win or a loss, keep your

best players on the floor. Can't argue with that.

If I hadn't put in ________ from the end of the bench

we could have won - probably should have.

But, when the game has already been decided and there's no

chance, keep your best on the floor, wear them out and

take a chance on them being injured - PLUS - In the next

game the starters will not be as fresh and ready, due to

being overused in the previous game. Makes perfect sense,

doesn't it!! Not.

Who are we trying to develop? Not the players who didn't

make it into the game. "Let's check the game tape and

see what you did wrong in the last game. Oh, that's right,

you didn't play, did you. Well, next time - - - "

I could go on and on, but you see the picture - - - -

stirthepot.gif