• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Does Oden Have Any Heart At All...?

thesheedera

I hope we can at least put this issue to bed tonight. He's been the only Buckeye keeping their hopes alive, and he's played some very inspired ball. I hope he has enough gas to finish this one off, even if they can't win the game. He's taken a lot of heat for being reserved and he's had a ton of both hype and hate casted in his direction. I'd love to see him finish out his college career leaving it all out on the court.

I like his post moves. The shots don't always fall, but you can see the foundation of a nearly unstoppable force if he can polish it off. His D is already nearly impossible to overcome.

sidenote: Please move the 3 point line back, it's far too close for this level of hoops. It shouldn't have such a strong effect on a game...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

I like his post moves. The shots don't always fall, but you can see the foundation of a nearly unstoppable force if he can polish it off. His D is already nearly impossible to overcome.

Florida didn't double much and as a result Oden ate FOUR bigs, 3 very good ones, up! It'll be similar in the pros. While teams can zone, hard to zone off of NBA shooters.

Quote:

sidenote: Please move the 3 point line back, it's far too close for this level of hoops. It shouldn't have such a strong effect on a game...

Gotta agree. International line would help us internationally anyhow. Good point.

W

I agree Oden and Conolly with the Hawks they would create havoc for others teams for years and finally the Hawks would be the envy of the league.Oden is still only 18 yrs old and has the potential to be the dominate center in the NBA. If we can't get a top 2 pick and conolly comes out I would give the Indy pick and marvin or childress to move up and get him.

• Premium Member

I hope all of you idiots and yes I do mean IDIOTS that questioned Oden before enjoyed the taste of crow mixed in with your shoe leather tonight. He absolutely dominated Florida's entire front court and was almost unstoppable in the low post. Watching him swat passes and Florida players to the ground with ease just had me rolling thinking of some of the idiots on here that were questioning him.

Please God let the Hawks draft this kid!

This was the 1st tourney game he actually showed up for till about the last 5 minutes when he vanished. He did have a nice hang on the rim dunk with 1 minute left when his team was down 14 points. lol, that was a real smart move by a real smart ball player. nol2.gif

Seeing what Oden did tonight is it worth it for the Tankers to lose the rest of the season to have a shot at Oden? What about the antitankers are those few wins that the hawks won or may win at the end of this season worth that morale victory to give us the hypothetical CONFIDENCE going into next season or would you want a shot at oden who could take your team to the promised land year after year?

Quote:

This was the 1st tourney game he actually showed up for till about the last 5 minutes when he vanished. He did have a nice hang on the rim dunk with 1 minute left when his team was down 14 points. lol, that was a real smart move by a real smart ball player.
nol2.gif

You are insane, Can't be in a rhythm. While you are on the bench with fouls. When Oden does'nt foul. There is not a player that can stop him in college, He will only get better and would take this HAWKS team to the next level...

I would just love to see guys like Charles Barkley and all the guys bad mouthing Atlanta for years look up and see us with this starting 5!

1.Smoove

2.Marvin

3.Oden

4.JJ

5.Conoly

Imagine all the nay sayers looking at the standings saying where the h$ll did the Hawks come from. Then in the playoffs rolling thorugh teams like butter and being the new FACE OF THE NBA YOUR ATLANTA HAWKS, insteado f the lowly franchise we have now.We would just thumb teams although it would take a couple of years for guys to develop. Smoove and Marvin don't have an outside shot so outside perimeter shooting would be needed but we would own the boards and JJ could fill it up from outside.Usually your small forwards is going to be an outside threat whether thats marvin or smoove right now they don't have an outside game. Anyway you get my drift it sure would be fun to be a Hawks fan!

I was at the game tonight and as good as Florida was, all I can think about is Oden. He's quicker, more athletic, and more agile than I thought he was, and his post moves looked pretty good...he definitely showed enough to where I'm confident he can eventually become an offensive force in the pros. And defensively he shut down the paint tonight.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I can't believe anyone before this game was doubting Oden. Anyone after this game doubting Oden? That person is a goddamn fool.

Total agreement. Oden is the only thing worth talking about from that game. He seriously looked like a man playing among boys.

Whenever a player receives a lot of hype there are a lot of doubters.

Those who were doubting Oden were looking at Durant's production on offense ignoring the more important aspect of the game in which Oden brought defensively.

He had been in foul trouble the whole tournament and struggled with staying out several times in the year, but anyone not blinded by hatred could see that this man is ridiculously polished defensively and even has Bill Russell potential on this end the floor.

The only thing I thought was that he didn't have the freakish athleticism on offense to be a Amare or Dwight.

But I didn't even need to see tonight to see that he did.

It only took one play, an unsuccessful play.

That missed poster dunk was all I needed to see that he did in fact have the freakish athleticism on those guys which makes him an even scarier prospect.

He could easily be a 20/10/3 guy by his 2nd year in the league.

If we got Conley and Oden we wouldn't be just some 7th or 8th seed pretenders, in my eyes we would could win a title as soon as next year.

I just don't see anything that good ever happening to this team.

That 14% chance or whatever it is with the 3rd or 4th pick, I just don't see it.

Oden was awesome last night. Just awesome. He would make the Hawks a legit NBA team overnight.

And while Florida's bigs did not do much, I do know I would rather have Horford then Shelden Williams. Horford has really good hands and coordination. Prototype power forward.