• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woody has directly injured TWO of our best players

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

He continued to play JJ 40+ minutes following his injury which led to his hematoma and now he has injured Childress FOR NO GOOD REASON!

CHILDRESS HAS PLAYED >43 MPG THE LAST 5-6 GAMES! WHY on earth would the coach of a team unable to make the playoffs, play a player, especially late in the season, >43 MPG!!! Didn't Childress have a stress fracture earlier this year? What is Woody thinking!?! It's an overuse injury so don't OVERUSE a player whose already demonstrated being overused this season WHEN THE GAMES DON'T MATTER!

I am absolutely furious. Woody needs to get his ass kicked for how he's treating the players from Batista, to JJ, to JC.

W

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Don't understand why you are so upset. You are a pro tanker and this just increases our chances of a better pick.

I was thinking the same thing.

For some strange reason that old Kermit the Frog song "It isn't easy being green" popped into my head. Maybe it isn't so easy being pro-tank.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Don't understand why you are so upset. You are a pro tanker and this just increases our chances of a better pick.

For some strange reason that old Kermit the Frog song "It isn't easy being green" popped into my head. Maybe it isn't so easy being pro-tank.

Because he is damaging long-term assets.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Nobody wants any player actually hurt! Note: If we'd been tanking and protecting our valuable players by not overplaying them neither this or the JJ injury would have happened.

A foot fracture, the SECOND IN ONE YEAR, is potentially career threatening. Woody's on the hook for this one. You do NOT play a guy with a foot fracture 3 months ago FOURTY THREE PLUS MINUTES A GAME! that's what he's done the last 5-6 games. Unforgivable.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's what this boils down to. WHERE IS THE OWNERSHIP! Their taking a billy club to JJ's calf and Childress' foot in a morality play with Exodus.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's what this boils down to. WHERE IS THE OWNERSHIP! Their taking a billy club to JJ's calf and Childress' foot in a morality play with Exodus.

W

LOL you see tank conspiracies everywhere. Now you have the perfect opportunity to say "see they are tanking by faking an injury to Childress" and you pass.

The Hawks were missing JJ, Speedy and Lue was hobbled so of course Childress was playing a lot of minutes. He has played only 55 games this year and has had the same injury in both feet. That says more about childress' fragility than it says about Woodson. I think i saw someone mention that he has the same injury in college.

JJ was one of the league leaders in minutes in Phoenix even though he was the 4th option there.

I really tried to defend Woody but he is the worst coach in the league or at least one of the worst.

Wearing out our future players like JJ and Josh Smith down the stretch when we are clearly out of the playoff race is absurd.

Especially when you consider the fact that there are players that could actually use the minutes like Salim and Solomon.

Giving Marvin a ton of minutes right now I could understand because we need him to blossom next year.

But to wear down our two best players in Smoove and JJ is just ridiculous.

Whether you want to tank or not that's ridiculous.

Why risk shortening such promising careers so we can win a few games down the stretch????

• Admin

you play to win the games, period. You don't act like a loser and not play guys becuase they MIGHT get hurt. Should they also not practice because they MIGHT get hurt? Should they not drive their cars because they MIGHT have a wreck? No, you play to win.

It's good to see that you've found one more thing to whine about. I wasn't sure you could be so versatile.

• Admin

wearing down professional athletes by actually playing them.... LOL.

This isn't a team for the sake of one or two players and Josh Smith isn't so good or so consistant that he doesn't need as much time as he can get. We need to develop as a team and to do so we need to play our key players as much as we can. Playing a junk baller like Salim big minutes does nothing for this team.

• Moderators

I have been worrying about Woody playing our guys excessive minutes (both from a productivity standpoint as well as injury prevension) for a while.

I do think that the minutes Woody has been playing JJ as a starter, Chill as a starter and J. Smith as a starter are unreasonably high. Chill is good enough to give JJ a breather so there was never a need to play JJ more than 40 minutes a game (20 of the last 25 prior to the injury). Josh Smith is backed up by the #5 pick in last years draft and a jumping jack shotblocker in Jones. He shouldn't be playing more than 40 minutes a game either (as in 10 of the last 17 games prior to his just announced back injury). Chill has also played a ton of minutes for reasons unknown to me (40+ in 8 of the last 15 prior to the injury).

By way of comparison, one man team Kevin Garnett has only played 40+ in 11 of his last 29 games.

Could it be that Woody has been playing those guys so many minutes because he has so many of the others in his "doghouse'?

Effectively meaning, he risks damage to long term team assets in order to prosecute his personal vendetta against some others.

Just a thought...form a conspiratorial mind. pillepalle.gif

Quote:

I have been worrying about Woody playing our guys excessive minutes (both from a productivity standpoint as well as injury prevension) for a while.

I do think that the minutes Woody has been playing JJ as a starter, Chill as a starter and J. Smith as a starter are unreasonably high. Chill is good enough to give JJ a breather so there was never a need to play JJ more than 40 minutes a game (20 of the last 25 prior to the injury). Josh Smith is backed up by the #5 pick in last years draft and a jumping jack shotblocker in Jones. He shouldn't be playing more than 40 minutes a game either (as in 10 of the last 17 games prior to his just announced back injury). Chill has also played a ton of minutes for reasons unknown to me (40+ in 8 of the last 15 prior to the injury).

By way of comparison, one man team Kevin Garnett has only played 40+ in 11 of his last 29 games.

Looking at the bright side of things (or is this the dark side?), at least the overworked Hawks players can rest comfortably during the playoffs. confused.gif

• Admin

it's probably more realistic to say that he's playing them because they are core pieces of the future of this team and they still aren't a good, cohesive team. They need the time on the floor together. Playing marginal talents that may or may not even be around next year doesn't do anything to help the team as a team.